Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.175 DEV - Lens Flares

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i guess it means the loose ore rocks can have a bigger size.

normally you can carry 10k of ore you could store many more times that in a cargo container if the cargo container was to break and say

....................???
    making it look pretty before functional?
    I hope not. :/

2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Edit: quoting this for Page 2, i suggest we do that for every page. Might also be worth it for @Drui to mention workarounds like that in the Opening Post before i get trig.... to trigger me slightly less.

As nice as that might be for Singleplayer Creative (Go Team Creative) the F12 menu isn't available for Survival or Multiplayer, and i'd be rather surprised if a debug menu survives Gold Status. Regular Graphics Option to turn them off for next week, yes?

[​IMG]

Pre Edit:
    Fuck Lens Flares. That's all i have to say.

I mean at the very fucking least make it subtle.

THIS is not subtle. THIS is an eyesore that makes looking at anything even remotely in the direction of the sun a chore.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 14
  3. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

Oh gods no, lens flares are annoying, take that shit out pls! We need no JJ version of Space Engineers, Lens Flares make me want to poke my EYE out. This patch made me real mad, like a drunk pirate on a rage mad, and equally ineffective. There better be an option on graphics setting to turn them off or I swear the bunny gets it! Pink. Fluffy. Bunny. With a marker. Permanent Marker. I SHalL INvOkE CLANG upon YOU aLL, INFiDeLS, CLAAAAAANG HAVE YoU!!!

Rage quit is not an option? WAAAT?

Seriously. Lens Flares on games give me migraines, not a joke about that, real stuff, and on movies too. Optic nerve strain. Really bad. Hey since the cyber dogs are no longer using their cyber eyes, can I have them?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

According to these forums, everybody here hates what keen does to the game every week, yet for some reason they all keep coming back...to continue hating it.

What did I just define?

Dare I say I like the lens flares?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

To quote my good friend, Ben Franklin:

I have to agree. The visual improvements can be nice. In fact, I started playing again with the last stable update, partially due to the block models and such. However, they really need to take a backseat again. The issues with this game continue to crop up every week. With band-aid fixes, or even being completely ignored in favor of features that really shouldn't be thought about until the game is completely stable can be frustrating.

Keep trying, Keen. You've come far in the last year and a half, but I think it's time to reorganize and re-prioritize. :tu:

Edit: +1 for search by default in G screen!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

With a hammer and a rusty iron spike. Or a permanent marker written in ALL CAPS. Has anyone ever learned from the junk JJ TREK how much ppl hate them?

HISHE FOR STAR TREK

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

"arrows to the block ghosts of LCD screens" - Finally!:tu:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Speshal_Snowman Apprentice Engineer

YAY! Love the lens flares!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  9. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

are you serious? you expect an intergrated graphics card to play SE?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Hey Mr. Level designer! :)

Can we have some simple sample worlds/tutorials on visual scripting? I'd really like to see a clean world with a pirate drone in it using the strafing and other drone behaviors as a study tool.

Thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zorgkirill Apprentice Engineer

Dude, you don't know the whole situation. I have 2 videocards, the powerful discrete one is used for all apps, integrated is not used at all, but the game finds the integrated one, and makes buggy warning, which freezes the game totally.

I have played this game for years, but this shit started one week ago!

I play GTA5 with good FPS and no problems, but I can't play SE. WTF is this???

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Graphical elements like lens flare are the kind of thing that really need a toggle in the graphics option menu, not a developer screen. That's not a matter of personal artistic preference, that's a matter of not-getting-a-headache.

Also:

Merge blocks?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Everwake Trainee Engineer

So...neither multiplayer, wheels, merge blocks or welders work well enough to be used...and we get... lens flare.

Maybe a good idea would be to stop these weekly updates and give your self some more time to produce meaningful releases?
    I am fully aware that the guy turning the lens flare knob to 11 is not the guy who's fixing multiplayer, but as updates go these "intermediate" updates just provide false hope weekly.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

- Lens flares Really ??????? This Got to be the Worst Idea Ever . Lens flares Made Star trek JJ ones almost unwatchalbe

Please Get rid of this as it is not needed or wanted,

WE need Cargo Ship to work in Atmosperes again Better Gravtiy Merge blocks Welders Program Blocks.

Please stick to you Set Plan of Fixing Stuff not added Stuff like len flares

15. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

ok men we need to fix this game...what should we do?

fix landing gears
    align the first person crosshair
    fix merge blocks

how about we add lens fair?

great we've going with lens fair.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

As much as i hate them i'm fairly sure stuff like Forced Station Voxel Support or Detonating Doggos rightfully defend that title, depending on whom you ask.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

You people still don't realize that the team that fixes bugs is completely separate from the one that changes visuals? They're not even the same skill set.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Also, this was yet another change -- that can't be disabled, dev tools don't count -- that Keen didn't seek any player feedback on. I guarantee you what's going to happen is that a lot of players are going to get headaches from this (possibly including me, I've uninstalled games over stuff like that), and eventually Keen will either remove it, tone it down, or (please) add a checkbox to graphics to enable/disable lens flare.

Instead of doing what they should have done, which is put a screenshot of the lens flare effect up with a poll asking players what they thought. Being an artist at Keen must get really frustrating at times.

Also:

Merge blocks!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Cetric Junior Engineer

This is VERY important. I noticed the issue in discussion here weeks ago and kept wondering about it. People defeated by your designed superior vessel actually could steal your ships and return in multiplayer for defeating you, using your victorious ship they simply had copied meantime and reproduced via blueprint.
    --
    And nobody even commented it, they all group around 'lens flare' like the new gossip of the village, while they are being told how to switch it off. Oh those infidels!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Blueprint Protection in PvP is going to be a game changer. No longer can you find a base, Blueprint it and then take it to creative to figure out its weaknesses.

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Or Naming a Star Trek ship ,, well i think i know were i am going with this lol

22. sacksquatch Trainee Engineer

Not from my experience. Most of the time the patches receive positive feedback. This is an actual hatred for lens flares that I think the majority of gamers are tired of. I don't know why every game thinks it has to have these. I totally get it for the camera, but not for general use, and not for the visor either because it would be on the majority of the time, and I don't think it would create flares anyways. It's not the same as a camera lens and would be designed NOT to scatter light, but reflect it.

23. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Speaking of...

[​IMG]

1.) Facing away from the sun
    2.) Visor's up and out of the way
    3.) Still DEAR LORD MY EYES

Poor visor's innocent.

• Like Like x 3
  24. zorgkirill Apprentice Engineer

No, it won't. I manage to grind any bases with starting tools, and without this cheat (actually, I hear this idea of copying enemy base for the first time).

25. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Can we get some of the options placed in the actual options menu, because is is kind of clunky to need to fiddle with the developer menu to disable the excessive bloom and sun flares.

Also, I see that merge blocks are still broken and welders are still nerfed. And the wait continues...

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

i dont get why everyone is like "lens flares are only visible trough camera"? You know you are playing the whole time looking trough a Camera (First Person Camera/Third Person Camera)? :woot:

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

BTW what Femgineer mod are you using? That one looks really well done.

28. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Or maybe some people are really passionate about this game and dislike the direction that the game is taking.

No. You misunderstand: if you have 2 graphics cards (like laptops) the game flips shit and thinks that you only have integrated graphics which is incredibly annoying.

Also, here is a poem for the devs:
    Merges
    Enhance
    Replayability of the
    Game
    Especially in
    Survival
    (Plz fix them <3)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. sacksquatch Trainee Engineer

Perhaps in third person. First person is supposed to be your own eyes. I get it that it's technically a camera...but muh immersions!

30. Draygo Senior Engineer

I think there should be lens flare when,

Looking through the visor. ( small )
    Looking through a camera (bigger)

3rd person - maybe is the idea that the 3rd person view is really a remote drone then yes.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.