Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.175 DEV - Lens Flares

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

No, I mean I never said the thing you quoted me as saying, Harrekin did.

2. Harrekin Master Engineer

Yeah, they get it.

Try to move on.

3. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

Sorry, but I smell BS.

What gaming notebook manufacturer doesn't disable any on-die GPU when a discrete GPU is available?

Also how does one have two graphics accelerators tied to a single (edit: Laptop) display?

I think someone either tinkered with their laptop in ways they don't understand, or they have issues completely unrelated to Space Engineers that happen to affect this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Renegrade Trainee Engineer

I've had some issues similar to this - when I start a new game, I spawn in a suit and enable the spacemaster tools and paste in my super-minimalist starter base... it features a rotor for a beam with a couple of solar panels on it, and the rotor just flat out doesn't work when it's pasted in that way (I assume that it's safety locked but I've never checked). I did discover a workaround - adding a block to the rotor/beam grid and grinding it off releases the rotors to turn.

Amen to that. I'd personally like to see energy flow worked on. That hasn't worked well since fully auto batteries were added (what, years ago?) and is rather important in survival, especially during the vulnerable starting period.

5. Shatara422 Trainee Engineer

Some laptops are set up so that you can swap between discreet and integrated GPU on the fly to save power. It sounds like a neat idea in theory, but in practice, it causes issues.

6. Takeshi Apprentice Engineer

is this usable also for other blockdefinitions?
    If yes, please short info how. Thx

7. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

Actually, setups like this are extremely common in notebooks with discrete graphics. Take Nvidia's "Optimus" switching, for example, where it uses an available integrated GPU (Intel HD series, for example) when on the desktop and handling light loads, then switches to the dedicated card when more horespower is needed.

Unfortunately, Windows and the hardware/drivers seem to be really, really bad at figuring out which GPU to use, and it typically ends up being the developer's responsibility to include some code that tells the hardware to switch, but even this code gets broken due to driver updates (which may change how the dedicated GPU is called/interacted with) or with the addition of new graphics cards (if Nvidia puts out a card right now, a whitelist-based method of selecting video cards won't have a record of the GPU until the developer updates). So it actually ends up falling to the user to select the video card. Happens in a lot of games, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Silentfighter89 Trainee Engineer

I had once a Laptop that had that, scince then I know that also Win7 can have bluescreen(it was the early beginning of cpu graphic card and dedicated graphic card (5Jears)) They never fixed the issue

9. capnbeef Trainee Engineer

hello thanks guys. improve multiplayer pleas?......

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

still waiting for you to tweak the cloud created by ship drills when drilling...causes a LOT of performance issues....

11. Titus Veridius Trainee Engineer

The game still doesn't work.

- signed, the mob.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

Hi guys,i build a rover,truck no matter what build with weels,anithing have weels go crazy,no matter how configure weels,vehicle dont go good,they make minijumps,turn left/right,dont go only forward,on line,they appears its a drunnken driver,any know why?sorry for my english.

13. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

@GDI-BOSS Was your truck perhaps jumping around doing flips and acrobatics like Yoda fighting Duku in Attack of the Clones? If not you have it lucky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

yea.my truck like yoda when drive it..xdd know how stop it??

15. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

The only cure is to amputate the wheels.

16. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Nope, you just need money :tu: ( I did see few with feed back to feel ends of fingers, but dont ask price its 8 numbers in line ;) )
    Legs:

Arms (this is not arm with feed back, but it still cost 7 numbers in line ;) ) :

17. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

Cant build vehicles with weels...for me,planets is useless

18. hos1981 Trainee Engineer

At least we finally got 1 think we've been asking for.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.