Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.178.3 Minor - Dead Drop Arena, New Update Release System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sevnn Trainee Engineer

When is the last time you played MP? Many of these issues were fixed many months ago.
    1) I play on at least 4 different MP servers including one hosted from a guy's house and one in a different country. The different country server is the only one where I see latency messages more than once or twice per session.
    2) This still can happen but way, way less often than it used to.
    3) I used to see this happen all the time and can't remember the last time I've seen it occur.
    4) Are you saying you drop an object from your inventory and expect it to stay? Max floating objects directly effects this and will cause them to be cleaned up once that limit is hit. That amount is set on the server and is often kept low to help reduce server load.
    5) I used to find myself inside voxels on both planets and asteroids, and can't remember the last time its happened to me. If I had to guess I would say 6+ months ago.
    6) I get LOD flickering occasionally but no texture flickers. I used to see it but not anymore.
    7) The server doesn't spawn you back in the same place or state that you were last in so why would you keep your inventory in that set of rules? If you build and use a cryo-bay the rule changes to state/location/inventory maintained. The component requirement is fairly low and it completely solves this issue.

Given your issue list I suspect you haven't tried MP since September 2016 ish at the latest. Many of the issues you had were very prevalent in spring through early summer 2016 MP. You should try MP again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

2. Sykel Trainee Engineer

I think they have removed the old branch from the Beta menu (steam). no fix, if you look now the dev branch is not listed.

3. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

And now there's no way to play any of the saves that won't work in 1.178.3 (non-planets)....

5. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Jesus christ. The merge blocks are still missing their mount point in this branch. You already fixed this last DEV update.

@Xocliw: Your hotfix from last week didn't make it to this week :|

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  6. Vonner Trainee Engineer

Messing around tonight with the Dead Drop Arena. Fun but a bit laggy and having to do SESE cleanups every 5 mins! Server 95.154.229.151:28015 (Logicbox Gaming)

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

I see at least three previously fixed bugs re-added in todays 'hotfix' along with breaking pirate ships again... so much for the new release system. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

its day 1, calm your clam man!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

I'm fine with the connector blocks those merge blocks on the other hand.

10. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I'm actually wondering if the hotfix was done outside of the normal update pipeline, and thus didn't get copied over to the proper update branch.

Edit: This would actually make things better, as it would be less a case of "meh, whatever," and more just a case of internal miscommunication. Though, either way, coming less than a week after the fix, this umm ... this is awkward.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Roxette Senior Engineer

Over the last three years I've lost count of the number of people with experience in software development who have repeatedly pointed out that the evidence week after week of SE updates is that KSH has NO effective system of revision control, resulting in the same bugs being fixed and broken time and time again. At this point, sadly, it seems unlikely they will ever get a grip of this basic concept.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Arcturus Senior Engineer

KSH also has a workflow system where the project effectively forks every time someone is assigned a task, so when a task is completed and rejoins the main project there is a risk that files from when the task started (days, weeks, or months earlier) overwrite current files. In this case, the cubeblocks.sbc from the task for this week's wheel/LCD fixes likely predates last week's hotfix for merge blocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. thecyberscorpion Trainee Engineer

Hooray Space Jesus is back!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Keen, we love ya, but if you're going to do the new update schedule, you need to do one thing first.

And that is STOP.

Stop everything. Then make a list. Then fix the stuff on that list, and keep it fixed. It doesn't have to be a huge list; it doesn't have to have merge blocks on it, despite those being a personal favorite. But you have got to stop creating problems for yourselves every time you fix another thing. During alpha it was ok to break stuff frequently, but beta is supposed to be a process of moving from more broken to less broken, and if you don't have some system in place for ensuring that progress made isn't lost -- which, to be frank, you don't appear to -- you'll never finish the game.

• Agree Agree x 14
  15. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Yeah, if you try to jump, you end up hovering above the ground in T-pose. Yay for widespread new bugs that you can find by playing the game for less than 5 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

Whatever you did to the camera system...CHANGE IT BACK. i can't go through a tunnel without my camera snapping to cockpit even with ample space between the cave wall and my ship.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

P.S. Asteroids and Planets, still either A) don't render, or B) asteroids will un render for no reason when you move away from it for a long time, if your ship is either near, or anchored to(not IN, but ON)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

I have some ideas about the menu that might be or not be already considered by Keen.

Menu's visuals

- Make every element (buttons, backdrops etc etc) customizable by color and transparency.
    - Make it possible for the user to then save that theme.
    - Let that theme have an interface with the workshop.

Menu's functionality
    - We need functionality such as prefix name systems whereby connected grids can be recognized by gridname in front of the block name.
    Example of current system: "Programmabe block12"
    Example of my idea: "Base Station - Programmable block12"
    The "Base Station - " part will be added automatically. Especially neat when connecting grids together.
    - Different types of sorting would be nice (alphabetically per blockname/blocktype/gridname just to name something).

Toolbars
    - We need rearrangable cockpit toolbar configs and being able to save those configs.
    Because when the user decides to grind the cockpit down (or gets damaged enough), you don't want to reconfigure the entire toolbar again... and again... and again

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oskarowski Trainee Engineer

As usual, 10 bugs solved, 9 implemented, but still 1 step forwards. This time:
    - can not move character after jump (space bar). Activating + deactivating jet pack enables moving again just til next jump. Looks like the jump disables even planetary gravity (sure not a bug, this is a admin feautre :D )
    - interior lights are not glowing (color RED 255,0,0) anymore.
    - looks like character is transparent to some blocks, or vice versa, so I stucked in an elivater after exiting the cryo pod.
    so far all after 3 min. game play.
    After two hours:
    - I stared a clean new game and added my grids from previos. The above described anomalies remain.
    - Copy of grids cause them missing "Radio Antenna". This block is present if I paste a new grid from Blueprint
    - Block "Radio Antenna" disappears from grid after save & reload the game. Neither present in "Control Panel". I have several custom block mods used so far the first one I observed this behavior. Funny thing is, that grid do not break even, if the "Radio Antenna" block was linking them - Magic glue feature ;)
    - Adding "Radio Antenna" Block again to grid causes two blocks in "Control Panel", one withoun number, one with number 2. You see the block, but are able to place one another on the same place and then one another more. Each added block visually adds two new blocks in Control Panel.
    --- Automerge ---
    I fully agree on that. Dear Keen, don't do the same mistake like so many others; if you don't want to loos us, who pay for your products, use feature tests, use functional tests, use a stage system, be professional. You need more cash? okay, talk with us, but pleas do not present us such unprofessional work for our hard earned money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

21. Thrak Junior Engineer

This. Playing survival. Welding in my small welder ship, rotate 3rd person view to see if I am getting the job done, view occassionally gets slammed back into a faux first-person perspective in the cockpit. Eventually it will "unclench" or I can sometimes force it by turning the welders off and on again.

Overall happy with the update, but this issue is annoying. Hate to think of what will happen in combat.

EDIT: Just fought off a drone attack. Spinning to see the damage on my ship in third person, view keeps getting stuck in my flight seat (large block ship). Really hope this isn't intentional.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Gampersnaz Trainee Engineer

I'm also experiencing the "space jesus" bug. I thought it was a mod issue, but I removed them all, reinstalled the game and tried a fresh new world and it remains. Glad it's not just me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

New issue: Welder range is nerfed again...

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Echillion Senior Engineer

Some hotfix notes would be nice.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Dantheotherone Trainee Engineer

If any of the Developers happen to stumble across my post I have a suggestion to offer.
    I am wondering if it is possible to add a handheld refinery and assembler to the tool list.
    Of course, they would have limited capacity and need the suit power to operate.
    This would make for a scenario where you start with the base tier welder, grinder, and drill with the small refinery and assembler, to begin with.
    It would make survival more of a challenge and fun. At least in my opinion.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Late x 1
  26. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I was about to disagree this, but then I realized there isn't any way to recover if your ship gets completely trashed. You can respawn of course, but what if your ship is still flyable, but doesn't have what you need to remake an assembler/refinery? You're screwed.

So long as the suit refinery/assembler was extremely inefficient, slow and low capacity, I'm all for this happening.

BUT, if it does happen, then we also need small ship refineries/assemblers in vanilla (I know there's mods too) to fill the gap. They'd also need to be much less efficient and lower capacity than their bigger counterparts, but better than the suit versions.

Either way, so long as they're much worse than the large-ship versions, I don't see the harm in them being added.

EDIT: A different take on the idea would to swap the small/suit refinery with an arc furnace, then have no small/suit version of refineries. This way, you prevent certain ores from being smelted by suits and small ships.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  27. Udrakan Apprentice Engineer

I would really appreciate some hotfix notes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  28. NumberR09 Trainee Engineer

I motion we change the name of the forum from [Change Log] to [Improbability Drive].

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I came here for Hotfix notes. Yes I experienced the "Space Jesus" Bug. Have to admit quite amusing. I did resolve it by switching my jetpack off and on. I really hope the Merge block mount points are back to allow projection welding again. Damn I loved building ships that could weld stuff up like that.

30. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Saw a hotfix this morning. Tested the game - the jumping/"Space Jesus", welder, and merge block issues all still exist, so the nature of the hotfix is rather mysterious. No notes visible here.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.