Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.178 DEV - Multiplayer Improvements & LOD Optimizations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

^^^^^

in the true words of dark souls
    HAPPINESS AHEAD. [or above in this case]

2. Infinita Trainee Engineer

Very happy about the sync issue (missing planets/grids) - it was *the* reason I and all my friends stopped playing.
    We could deal with most of the bugs (frequently blue print and paste back in with space master if it was destruction by bug - annoying but quick and easy), but the sync issue usually required rejoining, and each time the server memory would jump by 1gb or something weird until eventually crashing - excited to finally get back into SE (fingers crossed).
    As for inherited velocity, not sure why people are against it but I think it's a huge improvement - much more realistic. Really looking forward to attempting to build on a moving station during our "mission" to get back to earth (hopefully it doesn't bug out with speed mods though). Incidentally this will make stopping the cargo ships a little more challenging (it was a cheaty way to create an "opposing force" in front of them to slow them down - wont work now which is good).

3. halipatsui Senior Engineer

If you are standing you can be standing on a 100 m/s battleship.
    If you missclick refinery inside 100 m/s large ship and it stops you might get a bit hurt.

4. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

I think you misunderstood my suggestion.
    Maybe I didn't express my idea properly. I'll try again.

This is how I'd like it to work:
    I'd like to see a threshold. But only when flying or falling.
    Because it take longer to stop yourself in the case you want to place a block that doesn't move.

But, if you are standing on a surface, the block you place should always inherit your velocity. No need for a threshold.
    Because you can stop moving, relatively to the surface you're standing on, almost instantaneously.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sir Shotgun Trainee Engineer

Im just wondering why people insist on building with mergeblocks?

I mean really is it that important?

Since they explode your builds 10% of the time so i feel that its really a feature to protect you from having the anguish of having your build explode when the mergeblocks merge...

To discourage the use of this clangtastic rng explosion feature.

*For people not realising this post is merely for entertainment purposes and not a serious post*

6. halipatsui Senior Engineer

You cant explode your ship with a merge block if merge block does not work (taps forehead with index finger)

7. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

It was entertaining, It is because not all of us wanna just build static single piece ships. I wanna use pistons,rotors and landing gear too (WITHOUT explosions or clang). I have just setup my server again to see if it's any better.

8. beringtom Trainee Engineer

What about helium-ships, why is that still an issue?

9. Livo Trainee Engineer

Hello, sorry to bother, is it worth to try MP or it it still unplayable ?
    Thank you.

10. Bings Trainee Engineer

How else do you do this? -->

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Cetric Junior Engineer

Yes it is. Mergeblocks are the premises for my modular ship design, I could not do without them.
    Mine did not explode yet. I just wish them to be airtight on the sides, that is still causing me headaches...

12. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Merge Blocks where changed to be airtight since a couple of weeks now. Did you check them recently?

13. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I want to see this. Someone needs to make this. I hate the show but, I want to see SE do this!

14. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

This was fixed
    [​IMG]
    I used the vanilla skybox in the meantime and it was so bright that no spotlights were needed. I like the darkness but I'm disappointed in the performance of the spotlights (which are all on default settings, by the way).

No one else seemed to be having the problem so it's not too weird that neither the bug or the fix got mentioned. Anyways, back to Space As it Should Be.

15. Bumber Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cetric Junior Engineer

I heard so. Since my freighters are small grid, I suppose the mergeblocks of that mod I am using have not been changed to airtight. Four of the large ones on each half makes eight per docking scene. I have airtight hangar doors on either side, so the loss of airtightness whenever I open either one is obviously fault of the mergeblocks. Everything else is sealed.
    --- Automerge ---
    So here is how I do the docking between modules:

[​IMG]
    (Pic 1: that is the rear end of the command module / cockpit section, with airtight hangar doors closed)

[​IMG]
    (Pic 2: rear end of a middle module (no main propulsion and closed tail but open for other middle modules or the rear module) which is of the hydrogen tanker type. The auxiliar mini airtight door segments which are supposed to provide airtightness and conclusion are extended here and pretty visible. Its main door is open.)

[​IMG]
    (Pic 3: outside view of docking concept between command module and a carrier type rear module, supposed for minor vehicles or barges to be carried inside (that's why it has so large gates on four sides and a rotor-driven ramp on the back), also with attachable atmospheric propulsion unit merged on the side - still in development - should have another on starboard for being operable).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Just click cancel on the error box, change the display settings to fullscreen again, and play away. Sure, it's a little bit of a chore each time you start the game, but meh... early access.

18. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

@Cetric just gonna throw this out there:

I don't think it would make a difference if it was modded or not... I don't think small grid ones are air tight because small grids in general aren't air tight. Last I checked you couldn't pressurize small grids, so having the merges air tight is arguably pointless.

19. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

I made a passenger transport ship made from small blocks last week and it was airtight. You even have an air vent for small grids, and it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

The game doesn't seem to like me changing to fullscreen - I notice the background of the main menu freezes, and it almost always crashes when I try to load a game when it's like that. D:

21. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

Drui is online, its happening

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

You know, he's probably writing it as we speak.
    I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but this thread doesn't have a 'NEW' label, anymore...
    Of course, it's incredibly obvious that it wouldn't be labeled as 'NEW' after the actual 'NEW" update comes out, but since the tag's been removed early, the current one's likely to be posted any minute.
    Unless Drui wants to make us wait a while, but they're not evil, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

The "NEW" tag usually gets removed from the previous post not too long before release, though it has been known to be a couple of hours' wait at times.

24. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

We're pretty close to their usual release time, so the most it will be delayed (Barring some serious issue) is by 1-3 hours

25. Cetric Junior Engineer

Just ask me. I can fly around those modules separately with closed mod hangar doors (small grid) and I have oxygen systems in them. They work. Ship modules get filled with air separately. Just when put together and hangar doors open, so crew can walk through the whole combined freighter, it will be not airtight, for said reason.
    Other small grid ships I built previously also were airtight. So you are wrong. Airtightness exists in small grid ship. You seem to build only large grids?
    --
    Furthermore I got answer from the modder of https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=305329302
    yesterday, when I asked him to change his mergeblocks to airtight as Keen's vanilla ones are, and he agreed. So I expect my problem to be fixed in a couple of days or when he does it.

26. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

My bad, but this statement is quite the opposite, I build massive small ships, but no interiors so to speak of.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.