Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.179.0 Major - New HUD and UI

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

SICK AND TIRED OF MY GAME CRASHING - Crashes randomly now - regularly. No longer playable.

Can someone explain to me how changing the HUD and UI can affect all these systems? How can graphic changes affect missiles, and cause repeated crashes? Makes no fucking sense to me at all. I am really hoping that this game has not been slotted to be maintained like their failed Miner Wars... remember when they just stopped fixing it.... oh wait... SE was the solution...

Not happy anymore.
    --- Automerge ---

Me thinks this is gonna be Miner Wars - The Sequel.... Too many fuck ups now to fix so they will design a new game altogether.... My guess is the next iteration will be a totally new game that mixes ME with SE in some way.... And yeah... I noticed too how they no longer post what they are fixing. When communication levels drop, usually means commitment levels are dropping as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SnottyCat Trainee Engineer

In the old HUD, there was a display showing the number of landing gear in contact. It's missing in the new UI. Please put that back, as it very useful in landing/docking large heavy ships. Without it I can't tell if my ship is too close or there is still room for a few taps on the throttle.

Oh and the Edit Text button of the LCD Panel is overlapping a bit with the edit box above it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

Remove loop option from asembler¿???why keen...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. jemccro Apprentice Engineer

I agree, for now though I have my gear in a group on my hotbar. It changes status when in contact w/a surface.

5. DeathOnAStick Trainee Engineer

it's there, just can't see the box until you hover your mouse over it :D

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

the game crashing after patches is not a new thing. graphics changes can cause crashes- especially in this case,they didn't just slap some new textures on, they changed a bunch of the UI code (since you can mod it now, that's at least some new code,if not a rewrite as they stated) and a bug in that can cause a crash.
    I noticed a few elements look like they've not quite been aclimated yet- wonder if that's the kind of thing that made them delay the release(i.e. worse before?)

7. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Having issues with sorter's filters some items cannot be added to white or black list *Ammo and Steelplates are the two i tried but there may be others.

8. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

hello just to confirm, the current items icons of this update will stay in game or we will get back the previous items icons ?

9. Caatalyst Apprentice Engineer

Looking awesome! - I'd really like to see a bit of colour added to the thumbnail / graphic for items displayed in inventories just so it is a bit easier to establish what's what.

10. Bumber Senior Engineer

I find it a little odd that the /!\ warning triangle for inertial dampeners is "danger" red instead of "caution" yellow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CptBluepants Trainee Engineer

Has there been some change to Atmospheric Thruster power in this patch?

Before the patch the atmo thrusters on my mining ship could still produce enough lift to keep it flying with a ship mass over 600k.
    Now the value next to the little weight icon on the right of the HUD (which I assume to be identical to the old "Ship Mass") can't even go over 300k kilograms before the ships grounds itself.

12. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Are you on top of a mountain? I got the same trouble when I tried to go mine on top of a mountain. Witch make sense as there is less air up there.

13. Bumber Senior Engineer

You sure it's not your batteries acting up?

14. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Come on Keen, post the damn Hotfix notes so we have some idea what you've broken this time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ZinuxGamer Trainee Engineer

well two things I've noticed:
    1) On the HUD; ship mass on non-1x inventory shows mass as if ship was on 1x inventory --- can live with.
    2) Only being able to take blueprints of grids you have ownership has been reverted :( :( --- I am actually raging on this ... I run a very open server and people have been on spending many hours ( in the 100's) playing around with developing miners (me), wheeled rovers (others), really cool large grid welding pits (others)... someones been on about 3 times on the server and done nothing but take blueprints of everyones designs, I've had to ban them :( --- This change will result in less open MP servers.... it end up that new players don't have anywhere to play due to people enforcing whitelisted servers. please fix
    --- Automerge ---

the mass reading on the HUD is a lot lower than the cargo being carried ... a quick calculation from what I've seen is the HUD is only showing mass as if inventory was on 1x.... so you find your actually filling your ship up more than expected -- Thats me assuming your not on 1x inventory size.....

The T options been in there for a while.... just not visable via the standard HUD ... if you have build info mod on (which is a most mod when designing ships in creative) it shows the auto rotation status :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cohors Trainee Engineer

Just to update on why no one is agreeing with you. O doesn't exist in nature, O2 is what we need to breath, O3 will kill you.

O, O2 and O3 all react completely differently and it's standard in chemistry to label everything in a molecule, even if it's all the same element.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Late Late x 1
  17. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

It fixes a bug left over from when they first added additional ship mass due to the cargo being carried (~2 years ago). All of a sudden people playing on 10x inventory had ships that wouldn't move because of their dramatically increased mass. To compensate they just divided the mass of cargo carried by the world's inventory multiplier. The actual mass of the ship hasn't been displayed correctly until this week.

18. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

It appears that no one else has brought this up prior:

Turret auto-targeting is almost completely broken. Turrets take a minimum of 10 seconds to target enemy contacts, in which they will only fire on that contact and wait another 10-30 seconds until they target something else. Even cargo ship turrets take ages to fire. Because of this, I recently lost a base in an asteroid storm.

This bug may have been introduced in the final Stable update to be released. Even so, this gives greater emphasis to my point: This bug needs to be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

what if its not a bug but a shiny new awesome feature makings players become more dependent on using manual guns?
    so they less depend on making 25 gattling guns and 25 rocket turrets easily shredding a ship to pieces with little effort on their part other than making the ship.

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Thrak Junior Engineer

Interesting idea, except this bug was probably introduced when they introduced optimizations for grids with large numbers of weapons. But glad this is being discussed again, regardless.

The next update is shaping up, in my mind at least, to be a pretty important one. As others have mentioned in this thread, Keen's running afoul on the perception game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

you do gotta admit though each update makes the game exciting...

its all well and grand buying the end product of a game but following with it in its developement is pretty exciting.
    its like watching a game turn into an Evil AI that will destroy us all!

destroy us all!
    destroy us all!
    destroy us all!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

Given that only three automated weapon systems actually exist in the stock game, this seems highly improbable.

23. SnottyCat Trainee Engineer

another thing.... Old HUD used to switch and show speed in km/h for vehicles, which the new one shows m/s for all vehicles. Annoying as hotbar icon for the wheel still shows the max speed in km/h

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

And with 110 as max, not sure if it's possible to resize dynamically

25. SnottyCat Trainee Engineer

yeah...the current new UI does not handle speed above the default max. So if you use a speed mod, the graphic bar will peak at 100m/s while the number below will continue on. (Seriously a default 100m/s speed limit is quite slow.... even a pre-WW2 plane like the dH.88 Comet goes faster)

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

Yea, I believe that they took an old version of game and added the new HUD to it. (Accident or not????) There so many bugs that prove this up. Graphical code changes should NOT do this.

1.)Old components are back to original icons (HOW DOES CHANGING THE HUD CODE BRING BACK THE OLD COMPONENTS ICONS!?!?!? ???)
    2.)Blueprint ownership is back to free for all
    3.)Ship desync is back. (Ship is showing in one location when you KNOW it doesn't belong there. Have to relog and its back where it should be).
    4.)Asteroids with grids on them are disappearing again when leaving render distance and coming back to it. (Have to relog).

All of these bugs have been fixed before. I guess this is why it was delayed, they couldn't find a code it would work on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Roxette Senior Engineer

... and will be fixed again?

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify Space Engineers and I realized that it's not actually a game. Every game on this planet intuitively develops a natural equilibrium with its players but Space Engineers does not. You move to an area of code and you multiply the bugs until every players patience is consumed and the only way you can survive is to add a new area.

^.^

This must be Thursday ... this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation … or is it the wind?

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

29. Cetric Junior Engineer

Well, your patience evidently never gets consumed and depleted. Why should it? You would lose opportunities to place your sardonic comments if you went lost. Spoofing the game seems to be your major or even only interest in Space Engineers, for what I see you are leaving behind in the forum.

30. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

space engineers is a love/hate realationship.

i love its ability to create whatever you want.
    i hate its bugs and at times....its lack of stuff to do once you build a station.

i love each week getting an update to look forward to....its one of many highlights of a week following this game.
    i feel sad at the amount of wonderful modded planets that turned pink with the fancy block update................................................................................

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.