Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.179.1 Minor - ModSDK Improvements, Font Tool

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

I see the issue with turrets is either unchanging or worse.

Now, I can see that there is no noted change for turrets, so I won't act impatient (I AM IMPATIENT). That being said, it's important to note it again:

From my testing today, it appears that turrets are worse than they were last update; turrets absolutely refuse to target anything and will not fire unless "shoot" is turned to "on". Even then, they only fire once, save stationary guns, and will not target any hostile in their sight. Turret settings have been checked and new turrets constructed act the same as those pre-existing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Haddam Trainee Engineer

Dear Keen Software programmers, managers and rest of team
    Please fix small annoying bug that players was asking in other articles - grid limits for space master. Game engine is not in best shape, but some players still trying to play. And when they crash or blow up their creation because of bugs, last hope for then is space master and it's annoying that event he can't help (place back a ship from blueprint) because of block limits.

3. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

AMEN!!!! I tried to place some space pirate stations on the planet and even though i had them set for their ownership, it counted as MY block limits....so annoying. Had to delete them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

I had my turrets trigger in an attack a minute ago. They were set to target "Moving Objects." I turned on that feature since this issue first appeared a few updates ago, as you noted. It would be nice if Keen would tell us if that's the new norm or not actually intended. On the bright side, I have yet to be killed by my own turrets with "Moving Objects" turned on... which seemed to be norm for the longest time. Today's attack was a small-grid drone that ran into a wall of rocket launchers on my (EDIT: stationary) ship... so I can't speak to how accurate turrets currently are... some questions about that have been raised in the bug reports sub-forum.

So, Keen folks, what's the answer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnottyCat Trainee Engineer

Would rather see some new gameplay features like :
    - more factions ...with a trader faction that lets you trade your ores for rare stuff or even alien tech that cannot be found elsewhere.
    - a bounty hunter system that rewards you for hunting pirates or even allow a paramilitary faction that attacks you if you commit too much piracy yourself.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Harrekin Master Engineer

It's a minor update guys, no need to freak out that it only makes minor changes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Haddam Trainee Engineer

All that stuff can be made in custom modding not a very big deal mate. Main problem is bugs in game engine that stops us. My modding team made trading station, capture points, event system and has long TO DO list, but player don't play long anyway because of ship crash to invisible walls, landing gear bugs (ship fly away), battery charging totally random and etc. So mate we don't need more factions, bounty hunter system and etc, we need stable game engine with strong multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Xanthyn Trainee Engineer

Of all the mod blocks to add to vanilla, I think parachutes should be lower on the list than hinges, large-to-small grid adapter blocks, or improved keybindings. Also, can we make it so that your chosen font for a given LCD is reflected in the "text" and "custom data" fields? Whenever you make ASCII art in monospace, you can't work with your text in the in-game interface since it all just looks like gobeldygook. Even simple changes need to be copied and pasted into an outside editor and back,

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Turley Trainee Engineer

i do feel that us member that join when the game back at the beginning should get the Deluxe Edition for free as we was Deluxe Edition

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Late Late x 1
  10. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Doesn't really make any sense that I am a little miffed that people that RE-purchase an older version get a "badge". LOL. Hey Keen... how about a badge for those of us who have owned the game since ... I dunno... the BEGINNING? It was after-all our money that funded Keen.... no? Just saying. Or, instead of working on badges.... FIX ROTORS, PISTONS, BATTERIES, MISSILES, Epileptic Turrets... you know... the little stuff?

Thanks for the update.
    --- Automerge ---
    Can we change the font of the UI as well? Or is this just for LCDs and such. I really do hate the 8Bit blurry font used in the UI. Its so 1980s

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

I'm still seeing this issue. In this case when trying to use 3rd-person view with two ships docked via connectors.

Edit: more testing, it's still happening in a variety of circumstances. Don't know why.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

He walks a bit like George Jefferson of "The Jeffersons" but in slow-motion.

OH and Keen... the bugs like turrets not working seriously affect gameplay both single-player and multi. Perhaps they should be a bit more of a priority or at least get a mention in the update fixed or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I feel damn petty for complayining about this but... can i turn off the Deluxe Edition stuff? With it and the "Now in Beta"-Trigger Warning the banner really starts to get crowded. It's like a Warhammer 40K orc that doesn't know when to stop adding turrets and other mechanical gunk to a buggy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Kero Trainee Engineer

I agree, we've been asking this for a while now but it seems like most of us would rather have bug fixes than new features. The going upwards after unlocking landing gears has been around for too long and things are getting worse in mp. Just the other week I was suspended in the air without any thrusters turned on. Keen pls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Harrekin Master Engineer

Red wunz go fast'r!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Can we change the font of the UI as well? Or is this just for LCDs and such. I really do hate the 8Bit blur
    There are places in my world where if I jump, I am caught in a bubble with no gravity. I have to turn my jetpack on and off to fall to the ground.. only certain areas though and I never know where. They are not frequent enough yet that they are little more than a nuisance at the moment.

17. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Just received another update for SE over steam. No changelog.... so no idea what was fixed. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Eh, i guess, but this isn't a binary issue, more like a priorities-thing. Except i'll eat my hat* if the game is still in Early Access by this time next year aaaand we're missing so much essential stuff... Probably shouldn't start a rant-train. And yet, i will. Where's my halfblock? Where's my space toilet? I've been waiting for my space toilet for... three years, come next month. I don't know where i was going with that, i kinda lost my train of thought after contradicting my own statement.

* i may or may not decline to do so should i be wrong, on accounts of health-concerns and not owning a hat.

• Late Late x 1
  19. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Now I am flush with anticipation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Konscience Trainee Engineer

Still whining on this...
    Suppose you were born a kid, and you loved being a kid so much you want to go back in time. Do you imagine yourself deserving the right to go back in time just because you where a kid once?
    There are on the other hand lots of unfinished games out there that developers have straight out discarded, so be grateful for the updates, as you are not granted any more privilege than the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Harrekin Master Engineer

I bought deluxe this week, couldn't not have it since I've been playing so long.

Maybe a financial uptick will mean an uptick in priority?

Plus I am grateful for all the fun I've gotten out of it, I just want moar too! :D

22. demolish50 Senior Engineer

I have that file in the tools folder, but it doesn't work as they say it does. More information sure would be great. But, it's Keen so.
    --- Automerge ---
    That's not the right file. It's in SpaceEngineers\Tools\TexturePacking and is called DDS_premultiply_alpha.bat

23. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Nice little update. Parachutes? Vanilla Parachutes! Thats one less mod I'll need to load in when they are released.

24. Glenn G Trainee Engineer

I have an idea for some new features,
    1) Batteries that output power when you click discharge
    2) Batteries that draw power when you click recharge
    3) Solar panels that actually out-put power to charge those batteries.

I remember a game called Space Engineers 01.168 that had them, maybe you could steal the code?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Parachutes are very cool..

26. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

"NEW" tag removed!
    F5ghter squadron, report!

27. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

F5ghter blue one, in position.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DranKof Trainee Engineer

This disappeared from post-1.179.x releases so if anyone still wants to use these batch patches, I wrote my own bat files and a guide for attaining the most recently updated exe files and for converting the DDS GUI icons.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116386590

If anyone just wants to use the contents of the original "Keen batch":

DDS_premultiply_alpha.bat
    Code:
    @echo off
    for %%i in (%*) do ("%~dp0Tools\texconv.exe" -f BC7_UNORM_SRGB -srgb -if LINEAR -ft dds -y -o %%~dpi -pmalpha %%i & cmd /c "cd /d %%~dpi\ & ren %%~ni.DDS %%~ni.dds")

echo One-liner by Anton B. :D

pause

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.