Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.180.0 Major - Server Browser, Updated Character Animations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

yeah its pretty sweet sticking a set of wings on a humble rover and being able to glide and ....attempt a gentle landing.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

You don't need wings to take it off some sweet jumps

3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well, considering that the old MP-menu was functionally useless i'd say this update technically introduced a new feature.

It never even tried. BETA-label was a quickshot decision to grab some christmas bucks and get the game towards the endline, ready or not, and we all know it. Release Christmas 2018, finished or not, mark my words. Meanwhile, the hotfix fixed the Camera (Yay!), did NOT fix the Drills (Bummer) and the game now randomly freezes when i try to quit a World.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Start new alien world game to see if the playability situation improved.

[​IMG]
    - Sim speed around 0.45-0.50 instead of 0.25 like with 01.179
    - Still get trees in the world despite setting "Flora=None" in the world settings
    - GuiUpdate has a 24.7 ms delay. Note to get simspeed 1.0 the sum of everything has to be less than 16.7 ms
    - Highly aggressive tonemapping or brightness/color changes - the game looked fine when none of this happened, please just remove it!
    - Started in the respawn screen, despite that option NOT being checked in the world settings
    - It is very hard to see the "O2 low" or "no O2" HUD text, but very easy to see some unresponsive, unknown, seemingly useless "N" and "T" icons.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

oh yeah don't get me wrong i've done plenty of sweet jumps on mars,alien words,moons and earth-likes.
    landing is the more fun part. :p

wings just help turn a nose dive into a smooth landing.

6. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

dude update your system...looks like your playing in the lowest graphical settings possible and you are still having issues. Game isn't the problem here, need to update your hardware for this game. I'm playing on a medium-low end card and i play at LEAST on medium graphical settings with at least 40 FPS on planets

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cetric Junior Engineer

Hotfix of this day seems to have addressed the mod door inaccessibility issue successfully. Mine work again. :)

8. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

9. Harrekin Master Engineer

That (to me personally) seems like iterating on something not fit for purpose as opposed to adding something major.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Taemien Apprentice Engineer

Low specs seems to be an epidemic. According to http://www.userbenchmark.com/Software my PC is is in the top 44 percentile (56% rating on gaming). That means I'm better than a little more than half of those reported. My computer system (Mobo, GPU, and CPU) are a few years old. To put all that shortly.. I do NOT have a top end PC. My performance in SE with 200 block long ships (plural with an s, meaning more than 1) on a rented DS server is fine. My UPS (and server UPS) are 1.00.

I think many should consider that site and test their PC to see where they actually stand. Early access of SE started years ago. It entered Beta a few months ago. It will likely be a 2018 release game. It should be considered as such. You normally can play a game that is released about 3 years after your PC (if its not a bargain buy). Many are running SE on systems built in 2010-2013 or earlier. And most of the time those specs weren't top end in those dates either.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying I'm surprised my GTX 970 and i7 4790k is still capable of running SE as decently as it does. As that is considered mid-range now. I actually do plan on getting a new PC with better hardware sometime next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

Hey guys don`t know where to post this as im still getting used to posting etc.

The tiered tools are not upgrading .... elite is same as basic no difference in speed etc.
    Every time i go to weld a turret when it gets to the half way mark the game crashes

Thanks for reading sorry if in the wrong place!

12. Laserak Trainee Engineer

This seems like a more extreme version of what I think (all) AMD video card users are experiencing atm. Move away from all LCDs and see if it still happens.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. odizzido Junior Engineer

Geez who cares what they call it? They could call it the patch of total ass for all I care. Maybe they should reword minor to "kinda sorta small, probably" and major to "bigly small, but maybe medium sized, sorta". Either way the content is the same.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Laserak Trainee Engineer

It's like testing isn't even a thing..

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Not for me. Rolling back this update until they fix it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. DopePope Trainee Engineer

• Late Late x 1
  17. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

UPDATE AWAY!!!
    if your game crashes you can roll back to the previous version.
    If that one worked for you, you're golden (I'm not sure how far back you can go now).

Game working fine for me.

18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You know i wonder if the Rollback, as great as it is in theory, isn't going to run into compatability problems at some point, like when people went back to Stable and then couldn't use their safes anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

A quick read into your bug report that really isn't a bug report other than kicking, screaming and throwing a tantrum has lead me to guess you're having a mild problem with your Dx stuff.

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think you should ever be seeing any reference to Dx 9 in the current games log files. In the last few lines it references something with Dx 9 which I suspect is the cause of your crash.

Deleting a config file might fix the issue, but I'm not certain.

I doubt a world made in a future version will be playable in earlier ones, but I can't see why a world made in old can't ve brought up to date.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. DopePope Trainee Engineer

i don't have a DX9 card its DX12 Fix the game or don't make one
    P.S what more do you want i give you SE.Logs .. a video and all you say is I'm kicking and screaming because
    SE is just robbing people , was a good game back in alpha now its been going down hill
    what config file should i delete ? why am i deleteing stuff out of the game if i never changed any of the files

FIXED THANKS DICKHEADS THE GAME IS THE PROBLEM KSW TOLD ME !
    THIS GAME IS SAD NOW...DISCO GAME

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  21. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Already an issue, actually. I had to pull a backup that hadn't been loaded with 1.180 to get 1.179 to work. Fortunately, I sync a backup of my saves folder to an archive every night. I have no doubt Keen will hotfix most of the little bugs, like the ones that have broken some block and HUD mods, and turret construction, soon. But it's a holiday weekend and I plan to play, so I reverted back to last week. No biggie. As soon as 1.180 gets un-borked, I'll switch back. So I see Rollback being a feature with limited utility, but utility nonetheless.

Exactly. And BTW, rollback options right now are to 1.172, 1.178, and 1.179. I presume that does not include minor updates and hotfixes in between those "major" updates.

So I am happy tonight with the rollback option, with the caveats I mentioned, above. The only thing that would make it better, frankly, is if Keen did a better job of reporting the content of hotfixes... vital info in deciding when to "roll forward" again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I haven't played in a while and thought I'd have a bit of fun today in SE and found that the light... or shadow.. is continuously turning on and off.. I then turned shadows "off" in graphics settings and it was still doing it, it's like... the surface of objects turn black, and then go back to normal.. but it keeps doing this continuously.

I tried playing like this for a while and then made a mistake with something so I hit F5 to load my previous save and then the game crashed / froze on the loading page... I then had to force restart my PC.

GG for now, I will play some Witcher 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. DopePope Trainee Engineer

Planet Nomads is the game if your getting sick of SE bugs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. KissSh0t Master Engineer

What are you talking about Mass Effect Andromeda is obviously the better game to play for people that are sick of bugs in SE.

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. DopePope Trainee Engineer

i dont know who copyed who Space engineers copy Planet Nomads

Planet Nomads

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  26. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

I'm actually trapped inside my flight deck, as all of the doors in/out of the room are modded, and I cannot pass through them. And some 'older?' glass textures are pure white, non-transparent. Along with the psycho black/white eye adjustment disease problem, this has turned into one hell of an update. Not to mention the constant 'Source Array not long enough' CTDs I keep getting on one of my world save loads. Joy... oh joy joy joy..... why do I even look forward to Thursdays anymore!?!? The last two weeks have just gone from bad to worse..... At least last week I only had to worry that turrets didn't work... now doors?? Seriously, you figured out how to break... Doors!?!?!? ughh

I'm rooting for you guys, but come on now with this... this is a lil much...

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Virtualmagic73 Apprentice Engineer

Hmm. The log posted shows a "Exception occured: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.". Every programmer knows this very well. It's always a benefit to check vars before using it :p... LinQ can't process non existing lists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Nice, the teaser is aerodynamic but maybe weather.
    Otherwise, Keen planned to make official server ?

29. Cetric Junior Engineer

Seems to depend on which door mod is in use.
    I could enter again a circular design door, but yesterday I found the airlock passages of following mod blocked, at least at the exit side:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717405421
    Recent posts under this mod here tell the same: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628221442&searchtext=door
    Suspense thriller; new chapters confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  30. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

If you have Dx 12, chances are you ALSO have Dx 9 installed. Not everything runs on newer Dx versions. I wasn't calling out the video card merely making a note of what I am seeing as possible causes of the error.

When I first glanced at the report it was a singular post with no replies basically saying "lol keen suck", "sick of this shit", "keen are thieves" with a non pastebinned log and maybe there was a video at the time?

I wouldn't call that a full or useful bug report.

Now since then you've had replies, added more info and rewrote the opening to sound a touch nicer.

"Spaceengineers.cfg" or something to that effect, sometimes updates to either windows or games can cause things to go awry. I honestly don't know why you would need to do so, I just know it's fixed some problems in the past.

I admit Im sorry about calling it a tantrum and screaming, a sleep deprived, red Bull fueled reading: at midnight during exam weeks isn't exactly the ideal grounds for nice sane comments.

Conversely though calling keen thieves over an update that will likely be hotfixed is a little rude as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.