Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.180.0 Major - Server Browser, Updated Character Animations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DrakoZ Trainee Engineer

I do not understand what they repair, but the bugs only get bigger = (
    So with all objects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anunnaki Nibiru Trainee Engineer

Another (third?) hotfix just released.
    Version 1.180.022. No changelog yet.

But it seems that DOORs was fixed, and we can walk again through them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Crusader Apprentice Engineer

Did they fix turrets?

4. franky500 Trainee Engineer

yes they did, (assuming you mean the welding of turrets & other functional blocks past the functional line)

5. Crusader Apprentice Engineer

YES!!! KEEN, WHATEVER I SAID ABOUT YOU THREE HOURS AGO TO MY FRIENDS, I TAKE IT BACK!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Thrak Junior Engineer

Good to hear. Can anyone confirm if elite tools are back up to full functionality?

7. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

Turrets:

Fully tested with and without power are working when welded. Thanks keen

Tools:

Tools are still not functioning properly elite tools makes no difference to speed in welding (hand welder) or grinding (hand grinder).

• Like Like x 1
  8. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Conversely though calling keen thieves over an update that will likely be hotfixed is a little rude as well.[/QUOTE]
    What was wrong with turrets?

9. Thrak Junior Engineer

Thanks!

Welding turrets was causing a crash.

10. Anunnaki Nibiru Trainee Engineer

After major updated, the game is still crashing. Sometimes when I click "SAVE", sometimes when I open control panels.
    Still problem with pulsating colors. But at least, now we can play :) again.

EDIT: It seems that crashing was caused by other MOD. Now it is working OK.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  11. Bumber Senior Engineer

Symmetry and auto-rotate. You can't toggle them unless you're currently placing blocks, for whatever reason.

12. Roxette Senior Engineer

I'm not sure why that could not have been included today, as it is a simple matter of inserting 9 lines of speed definition into the one text file that configures the tools, which were somehow omitted when the file was changed to update the 3rd person character animations. Primarily for the benefit of my server players I already published a little mod to fix it - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905138840

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nacon Junior Engineer

Welp! I got my fingers crossed for you when Planet Nomads do come out on Steam, you should able to play the game without any bugs and glitches!
    Without bugs and glitches... fingers crossed, yup.

May the stars forbid you seeing another Early Access games get released with bugs and glitches. It would be a shame if you ever find them in another Early Access game.

Oooh... Planet Nomads is coming out in 2 days. I better get ready.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

www.reddit.com/r/perfectloops

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  15. k33n Trainee Engineer

- fixed thrusters not doing damage to other blocks

100% of my ships designs since I started the game a month ago are now broken. The ships kill themselves if they move. While I understand the alternative is to build all thrusters facing outbound, this also creates an aesthetic design flaw when a thruster simply cannot produce enough thrust by itself, but to add more thrusters will make the ship completely different in design (covert designs, interceptors, general replications or other similar constructs).

Regardless as to some players' personal feeling on the "realistic validity" of this design mechanism, I feel that by adding thruster damage to the game in this manner, while also not providing a solution for the reasons as to why people hide them in the first place, is a bit irresponsible and irritating. Especially to have every bit of my work from day 1 of the game to now be broken beyond repair.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

isn't there a toggle that turns off thruster damage? or did they take that out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

Ok, so the update might have messed with weapons something fierce. Missiles are the same but turret versions have their targeting all messed up with lead times INVERSE to speed, gating turrets can disable components in 5-11 hits, and small ship gatling guns are now the best weapon to disable components due to their lack of reload

18. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Fyi, there is a world setting to turn off thruster damage, if you feel so inclined to build 'hidden thruster' ships. Just so ya know! Cheers!

Or just be like us cool kids and get better thrusters on the workshop. ;P
    --- Automerge ---
    All of these unnecessary code mistakes I'm catching leads me to believe Keen's in-house testers are either inept, or non-existent, just with the quantity of errors and the speed at which some of us were able to identify their cause. Where-in if they actually had someone around to catch these things before release day, we wouldn't all be in this mess, saying Keen is inept!! Sound fair!?!?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. k33n Trainee Engineer

I was unaware, thanks! I guess I can leave a note on my workshop publishes.
    It would be nice to have that off by default, as many people utilise the technique in their designs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Your solution is to turn off thruster damage in the world settings :)

21. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

Thank you so much roxette!

22. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Well that's an odd source of the problem. Thanks for sharing, it was really strange to see.

It was the MyAdvancedDoor type which was broken, things based on vanilla doors worked fine.

[QUOTE="deleted ![/QUOTE]
    I have 60FPS on planets at 1080p all settings maxed on a two year old machine with just a new RX480 in it, I don't know what to tell you, the engine runs fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
  23. DopePope Trainee Engineer

ok tryed to delete [SpaceEngineers.exe.config] and nothing doesn't remake the config file
    same thing i click on Games Tab and crash

i bet this is the problem
    Hmm. The log posted shows a "Exception occured: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.". Every programmer knows this very well. It's always a benefit to check vars before using it :p... LinQ can't process non existing lists.
    --- Automerge ---
    the engine is not for your computer it more for the physics of the game
    and sir i have a better computer and that GPU just saying

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. Arcturus Senior Engineer

THIS update in particular did not change any of the weapon or ammo .sbc files, so there were not any changes to reload time or damage. It doesn't look like there were any changes to the targeting code this week either.

25. 1stBiker Trainee Engineer

I can play again after Patch 01.180.022 and I'm really thankful for fixing the new issues that quickly ... thanks a lot @Keen

26. Michael_6748967 Trainee Engineer

Drills and other tool blocks break the same way for me when the total number of mods enabled is (presumably) a multiple of some number. Enabling or disabling a mod (any mod!) usually fixes this problem. All you need is to change the total number of enabled mods.

This has been happening to me off and on for several patches now. I had assumed it was my computer being its usual fist-through-screen inducing self, as search yielded no results at the time...

27. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Well, testing has confirmed modded doors are now 'passable'. Yay!!!

Sadly, of course LODs are still borked on modded doors after 4 months:

[​IMG]

These Blast Door Covers are *open*, but show them closed and open at the same time after you hit the first LOD stage. Same thing affects the Airlock Passage Block:

[​IMG]

Except it flips the corner block 180degs so it looks like you are looking at the back of it, although this is actually from the front, with the exit to the left.

I mean they're not gamebreaking bugs, but it sure get's annoying seeing LODs pop in and out repeatedly over and over.
    --- Automerge ---
    And if I could just squash this bug, that'd be great:

Exception occured: System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
    at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
    at System.Collections.Generic.ListExtensions.AddArray[T](List`1 list, T[] itemsToAdd, Int32 itemCount)
    at Sandbox.Game.EntityComponents.MyGridTargeting.Scan()
    at Sandbox.Game.EntityComponents.MyGridTargeting.RescanIfNeeded()
    at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyLargeTurretBase.CheckAndSelectNearTargetsParallel()
    at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyLargeTurretBase.UpdateAfterSimulation10()
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.<UpdateAfterSimulation>b__e(MyEntity x)
    at VRage.Collections.MyDistributedUpdater`2.Iterate(Action`1 p)
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.UpdateAfterSimulation()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySector.UpdateAfterSimulation()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

It's made playing SE impossible with inconsistent ctd's without rhyme or reason. Sometimes it ctd's on world load, sometimes a few mins in while scrolling through my hotbar. Just can't make sense of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. Cetric Junior Engineer

Do I understand you correctly - you have all your thrusters face with their exhaust to inwards and then you complain about all your ships "killing themselves"?
    Those ships would have been destroyed anytime in game development history of SE, years ago, months ago, in the coming months and will be even after final release of the game. Because you ignore the nature of those thrusters. And don't blame Keen for it a concept of yours which simply must fail. And if it wouldn't, this game would not be the one we like so much. It's supposed to be no arcade stuff.
    If you put your finger into a candle flame and it hurts, you also would not start complaining why this is happening, would you?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. Devon_v Senior Engineer

To be fair, there was no thruster damage for the first several months of the game's life. :)

The LoD thing seemed to be getting worse. I have to check what the hotfix did tonight, but most mod blocks had become stuck in LoD1, as had all vanilla block previews. That wasn't happening before Thursday.

30. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

There is a World Option to disable Thruster Damage. You can either choose to keep it turned off (until they remove that option, i'm actually amazed it's survived this long) or keep it off until you have refitted your vessels for Thruster Damage.
    Alternatively: bigger ships with lots of space inside have the luxury of simply keeping a couple of blocks empty and still keep their Thrusters inside. They keep changing the damage range so i'd say 5 blocks for Small Thrusters and 10 for Large Thrusters directly behind the exhaust should be fairly save. Again, not really viable for small ships, though.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.