Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.180.0 Major - Server Browser, Updated Character Animations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Devon_v Senior Engineer

LoDs remain borked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

3. Cetric Junior Engineer

All door mods I have reported as not passable including the airlock in my last post - work again. Hot fixing went fast and effective, in this respect. Congrats to the 'keen' programmers at KEEN, working on Easter holidays. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

When grinding the spark effect is so bright the entire screen goes white.... in third person view it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge..

5. Devon_v Senior Engineer

It the same even in first person with the ship grinder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

Anyone else dieing when accessing buttons and panels while your large ship is moving? Instant death for me, every time.

7. Nacon Junior Engineer

I can finally play the game!

I had my doubt if this is the update where they fixed my issue I've had for so long. Could've tested it last Thursday but I really didn't have enough energy, hope, nor passion to try after reading the patch note saying nothing about the memory leak.
    Why today? Because I didn't have anything better to do. As I gave another chance again, I didn't really expect much.

20 minutes later... no memory lag. Wait... WHAT!?

Keen didn't mention anything about memory leak being fixed! O_O!?
    I waited a year and 5 months for this fix and Keen knows nothing about the fix?
    What the heck?

...Please don't break.

Finally... I can play. So many things I wanna do and I've forgotten most of the things, almost forgot how to play this game. So many mixed feeling at the moment! Piston! Rotor! I missed you two!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. critor Trainee Engineer

What is going on with the Inventory system. It seems that when i access the inventory my game crashes. I was running TIM Inventory Manager but have turned that off as when running I crash every-time I access the inventory. MOD author has said it is a game bug with grid inventories, and Keen needs to fix it.
    Apparently it only occurs on Dedicated Servers.
    Keen PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Here's the error i am getting AGAIN.

Code:
    2017-04-17 23:26:21.921 - Thread:  1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Sandbox.Game.Replication.StateGroups.MyEntityInventoryStateGroup.ReadInventory(BitStream stream)
      at Sandbox.Game.Replication.StateGroups.MyEntityInventoryStateGroup.Serialize(BitStream stream, EndpointId forClient, MyTimeSpan timestamp, Byte packetId, Int32 maxBitPosition, HashSet`1 cachedData)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationClient.ProcessStateSync(MyPacket packet)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, MyTimeSpan timestamp, MyTimeSpan receivedTime)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, MyTimeSpan timestamp, MyTimeSpan receivedTime)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.ProcessMessages(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, MyTimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, MyTimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyNetworkReader.Process(MyTimeSpan lag)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)
    2017-04-17 23:26:21.923 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window
    2017-04-17 23:26:21.923 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window done
    2017-04-17 23:26:21.923 - Thread:  1 ->  Showing message

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  9. One-Eyed Ocelot Trainee Engineer

It's an Omni-directional wind turbine.

10. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

*wonders how many eyes he just burned out*

But on a serious note... I guess that's how it slipped through testing. The glare blinded the testers, so they were unable to see it.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Obviously it's a very realistic effect... we just haven't received the eye protection update yet.

12. PLPM Junior Engineer

I see that a nuke just went off... hmmm.

13. Nacon Junior Engineer

2 days later...

https://www.planet-nomads.com/2017/...-but-not-for-kickstarter-and-preorder-nomads/
    [​IMG]

https://steamcommunity.com/games/504050/announcements/detail/562230727220039186
    [​IMG]

For those who don't understand what happened there. They're not ready because they have too many bugs to deal with before risking bad reviews.

[​IMG]
    As for you, DopePope... Look like you're gonna have to learn how to deal with game development progress or stay out of Early Access games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. DopePope Trainee Engineer

sorry but that's funny , at least they admit that they have bugs .. better fix them before release right ?
    love your videos btw.. Bet it took more time then fixing this game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Very nice update, what a list of fixes! Love the teaser! Can't wait for those.

16. Nacon Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

:D

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Why isn't there any loose ore when mining anymore?

I had made a gravity collector to collect ore when mining in space and now there is nothing to collect... there is little bits but they aren't actually pieces of ore, it's like pretend ore that disappears into nothingness...

I used to love doing stuff like this but now it just seems like I can't do it anymore.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Personally I hated the loose ores because they cause all kinds of issues in MP (usually when a rock spawns inside the drill and causes half of the ship to explode).

IMO it needs to be optional if its brought back, at least for MP.

19. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Soooo.. if they just fix MP, then it won't be a problem then?? ;P

• Like Like x 2
  20. The Chuggernaut Trainee Engineer

I was completely stoked when I saw the windmills in the Teaser, I can't wait for them to be added. I've played this game for a loooong time, like 4600 hours or something. My interest comes and goes, but I still absolutely love what Keen has provided. I think in all the time I've been playing, there were only a few updates that caused me to put it down and wait for a fix.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.