Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.105 Hype-Rage Train (Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. XilentDude Trainee Engineer

Some devs like Marek and George don't appear online even if they are.

2. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

They shield themselves from the train.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You know i expected to cave in and resume the hype by Patchmas Eve but apparently it's gone permanently. Feels weird.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baron Lockerd Trainee Engineer

I needs this patch, it's the only thing that is good for me right now....things in the shipyard are too quiet, my testing roids can't get any more damage and the test fleet I built is going to waste without planets.

5. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

TBH, terrain generation was there since forever now. Pretty sure Medieval Engineers is running on the same VRage engine. Meaning that they have planet surfaces ready. The actual issue at this point is most likely transition from "space box" to "atmosphere box". They need to find an optimal point where this transition is as seamless as possible, yet not hardware straining. Because face it, you have 10 asteroids in view and a 1 million block ship - your performance suffers. Add to that 2 FULLY processed planets and you're screwed.

And as for spiders - even easier than with planets. They already have some sort of AI in ME (think there are barbarians). So they just need to slightly adjust the AI to fit the spider, create a model with animations, and then just focus on planets.

6. PureEvil Trainee Engineer

Hello guys, I just registered in to ask if I may join the HYPE TRAIN? I'm looking forward to planets being released today...

7. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

YFW i was warned for something similar

9. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

Time to program update notifier for SE.
    Not that I truly need it. I just need to fill my waiting time lol.

10. RageMasterUK Apprentice Engineer

Members Online Now
    Total: 1,206 (members: 220, guests: 955, robots: 31)

Choo choo...

11. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

Forum lag inbound. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Would now a be a good time to set of a EMP in our atmosphere and knock out world power and the internet ????????

Just asking!!!!

13. Shroomworks Trainee Engineer

It would be the perfect time :D

14. Harrekin Master Engineer

Probably not gonna drop planets tonight with a live stream tomorrow night tho, right?

15. BardTale Apprentice Engineer

Funnily enough, I was playing One For All on league of legends and I kindof zoned out thinking about planets.. At the end of the game, I ended up 20/2/43. My team Vi against a Yasao team....

16. HylianCommander Trainee Engineer

Since Keen technically owns GoodAI, I'm curious how far their AI enemies/allies will progress as the game develops. They've already blown us away by their ability to create such gigantic worlds with the building/destroying freedom we know and love. Will they blow us away by their insane ingame AI ability?

17. XilentDude Trainee Engineer

Yeah, Q&A livestream. Just imagine the majority of questions if they won't release planets today (or any time before the stream).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

I got a bottle of vodka and a pitchfork. I'm prepared for either outcome.

19. Harrekin Master Engineer

You're also conveniently prepared for zombies too...

Good show.

20. XilentDude Trainee Engineer

I've got some Black Currant juice and 18 bags of sunflower seeds, do I qualify as prepared?

21. Krutchen Apprentice Engineer

Or space spiders

22. Harrekin Master Engineer

The rage that will flow tonight will be moar fearsome than 1000 Saberoids...

23. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

which is for celebration? and which is for the mutiny? I'm a little confused. Also, how big are these bags? because my first thought was like, 25 pound bags. The second was 'why the f*k does anyone need 450 pounds of sunflower seeds'

24. TheDuke540 Apprentice Engineer

Um...no. It's not low end either though. I would say it's good for gaming, but there are many better combinations.

25. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

:pbjt:

• Like Like x 3
  26. XilentDude Trainee Engineer

Ah, pounds..
    No, they ain't big bags. 17x40 grams (1.4 ounces) and 1x300 g (~10 ounces). 18x40 g because it was pretty cheap (and I couldn't find bigger bags of that type).

Also, planets officially unofficially confirmed by Xocliw.

27. Radeth Apprentice Engineer

YOU.STOP.NOW.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Wouldn't it be awesome if those space spiders were like from Lost in Space and could float around in space. 1 minute your minding your own business flying through space, the next you have a whole bunch of critters eating through your hull comin to getcha.

29. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

but... you didn't answer the question. I still don't know the answer. Also, I've decided they are 400 ounce bags.

Also, Xocliw... you tease.

30. Blistul Trainee Engineer

Oh god ! I hate you :(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.