Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.105 Hype-Rage Train (Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dreokor Senior Engineer

You can always re-texture them to make them look like robots :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Oh, the moment I showed my wife the picture someone found while datamining a few weeks ago her response was: "NOPE"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

This is a great suggestion. Unfortunately I have no art-skill, but I'm sure we'll see mods that re-texture them :)

Ya I haven't shared this tidbit yet... I think I'll let it be a surprise (this might backfire). We've sort of paused multi-player until planets (which will hopefully include more new netcode and offer a more stable MP experience) and she's busy with other games in the meantime.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bumber Senior Engineer

6. RoXoЯ Trainee Engineer

This is amazing. TY Keen!

• Like Like x 9
  7. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

I would've said you wasted my precious time, but Visual Studio reinstallation already wastes it anyway.

8. Einharjar Junior Engineer

Well it looks like I was to spot on.

The showed a "New Feature" with the confirmed Critter/NPC A.I. element with the Sabiroid. It also looks like they were hinting at and multiple Biomes on a single planet.

This has to mean that the next teaser is actually the into, IMO. It has to be. It's the official 2 year, and they've covered nearly all possible asked for features through hints and teases within the videos.
    The next video (if it's for sure planet release) will be a huge video show casing the new survival mechanics, it will educate us on new materials and tools like the Atmospheric engines and Thrusters; maybe even hydroponic gardens, possibly food, new materials - eventually showing a full case of the Critters on the planet, as well as the different Biomes and how they work (remember some planets are meant to be toxic, and if there's water confirmed on the planet then they HAVE to add a way to extract it as a resource for making Hydrogen and Oxygen. They HAVE too).

So, I brace for next week. That video is going to be long and jaw dropping.

Here it comes!

9. Kira Apprentice Engineer

Where is this water people are talking about. I didn't see it at all also.

Floating mechanics?

BOAT ENGINEERS?!

10. Dylantriskel Apprentice Engineer

I was just waiting during the past months, but now I can´t resist it. It's time to take the hype train!! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

There was a glimpse of what looks like it might be water (could just be ice) in the update video. There's a screen shot of it posted here: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/water.7370388/#post-1286853037

12. chrisb Senior Engineer

O.k. O.k., I've retired from making predictions..:( and the sock was very tasty, believe me, I did eat it. :munch:

But after seeing the video, it would have been worth eating it just to see a lake in that picture. They look truly remarkable these planets, plus 'Spiders' of the alien kind. Just gets better.

Of course we all know they'll come next week.. err, sorry, there I go again, have to stop or I'll have no socks left.

Lets be happy to have them when we see them in-game.

But when we do see them in-game, I'll be exploring soooo much, I've got to get busy and make a list of required things for planets. Top of that list will be bug repellent. :eek:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Dragon0G Junior Engineer

Agreed. I'm all for preserving socks. I'm gonna completely ignore the forums for the next three weeks, unless the update turns out to have planets.

• Like Like x 2
  14. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

That's not water! It's the tears of everyone who was expecting planets for the last month.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sinbad Senior Engineer

I can't wait for creature mods.
    big fluffy pandas, that eat you.
    unicorns, majestically eating you.
    koalas in every tree, waiting to eat you.
    10,000 uranium ingots to the modder who give them all jetpacks and space suits.

gasp! panda in a space suit!

• Like Like x 3
  16. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

The worlds Keen showed off looked so good, they have put so much effort into procedural generation, it looks hand made!

• Like Like x 3
  17. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

I'm am happy with all the textures, I was scared for a while since in that one update they realised organic voxels, the textures were so boring and it looked like there would be no variation, but now we have soo much more!!

18. Baron Lockerd Trainee Engineer

I'm sure that'll be modded in eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

I was playing SE with a friend, when Steam bumped a notification of the update, and I thought "meh, no rush to read it" when I saw the "Bug Fixing" title.
    But then I stopped a moment to see the video (teaser there, obviously), and I'm impressed. Water and the infamous "sabiroid". We already knew about the alien, but we didn't know if it was still on.
    I wonder what will be the next thing shown/teased.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  20. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

That i wanna see !!!!!! not my face just everyone elses

21. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Our bug repellent is already in game, in the form of "more dakka". :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Malware Master Engineer

The first planet I find with those buggers on them will be called Klendathu.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

They said in the video "to prepare the game for the upcoming biggest update yet (you know which one)"

Planet Update for next Week confirmed!!! :pbjt:

24. CuNi Trainee Engineer

They said the same in the 1.101 update. So nothing is confirmed. Also the water rather looked like a texture for ore rather than water. So as long as no confirmation that this is water, I refuse to think this is water

25. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Don't try to stop my lightspeed-hype-train with facts!

26. Reflexus Apprentice Engineer

People, rage is not necessary. It doesn't matter if we eventually get planets or not, let's just feed the train because of the train.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  27. rittstar Trainee Engineer

wow awesome teaser and my predict there will be no BUGS in the planets release was wrong, as everybody had seen in the end of the video.. oh my goodness.. cant wait to see all BUGS

[​IMG]

BUUUUGS!!

28. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

Noticed this too - and I'm glad. I always loved to have at least 2 biomes near my house in Minecraft. All dem resources!

I hope for it too. Well, that is if I get my job done by then... hopefully. :D

Exactly my thoughts - yesterday I was wondering how long Planets release video is going to be. And how much delay in patchmas we will get cause of this - all delays were cause youtube video lol.

I expect rather giant alien spiders.
    oh, badum tiss.

29. CuNi Trainee Engineer

Oh no I am just as hyped as you!!
    :D but I just want to make sure I won't be disappointed for not getting water. I mean water is nearly a as huge feature if done right as planets. I wish so hard they give us at least minecraft style water.. I would throw gold barrels at my screen.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Spets Master Engineer

I only want water physics if we can have all of this, otherwise, FORGET IT KEEN!!!

EDIT: nevermind, that movie sux anyways
    EDIT: wow, wrong thread... whatever... i just woke up :p

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.