Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.105 Hype-Rage Train (Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

haven't watched the patch video, did i miss something?

Somewhat related: that 360 copy of GTA5 is really paying off :D

2. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Sabiroids will murder us, possibly while we flee into a lake on our potentially multi-biomed planet. :woot:

3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Huh. Sooo nothing new then?

4. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Nothing *new* new, although I don't think anyone was really expecting sabiroids in the first planets release. Or ANY form of water (not that we know if it really is water).

5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Why not? The deers in ME have functioning A.I. admittedly it's dumb like a bag of hammers but i don't see why Saberoids wouldn't make it into the first release. And *leans closer* imo that DOES look like ice, though.

Edit: SHIT planets look beautiful.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. entspeak Senior Engineer

It would be interesting to see if they make ME an entire planet. Imagine the MP for that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ash87 Senior Engineer

That was what I understood, that they were going to do with ME maps.

8. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

You missed great views.

9. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

I can't wait to make a saberiod breeding facility, shove them into boarding pods and fling them into enemy ships. Or purposefully "colonize" my enemy's planet with a few hives to keep him busy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Echillion Senior Engineer

I hope they have it fixed before then and don't break MP even more with the 105 patch

11. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Tomorrow's fixing-day. Wish me luck! Going to bed early, it's like christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Malware Master Engineer

Rather no water than the ridiculous minecraftian water. That would be ridiculous in comparison with the rest of the game. It works in MC, but it won't in SE.

13. The Q Apprentice Engineer

I dont understand why people keep comparing this game to minecraft
    Minecraft isnt, wasnt and will never be the best first or only game with cubes and actual water
    Slowly i get the feeling that the genre: Blockbasebuidling doesnt exist anymore, it was replaced by This-is-minecraft-but-different or minecraftbasedbuidling

Dwarf fortress has minimalistic (actually no) graphics but one of the best physics in gaming history and guess what notch took his inspiration (more like complete game concept) from, yes it was dwarf fortress

Also minecraft water wouldnt work with the terrain we have, it just wouldnt...

So please, stop comparing Spaceengineers and Minecraft :
    Yes they have similiar gameplay and similiar goala for you but in the end, they are very different games

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  14. noxLP Junior Engineer

I think i said it in other thread, but Dwarf fortress water mechanics would be just awesome... I have no clue if its doable in SE.

Edit: Btw, awesome game, dwarf fortress.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Q Apprentice Engineer

Propably not, combined with the graphics and voxel terrain it would probaly lag the game to 1 fph (frameperhour)
    But we can dream and one day, it will work...

16. Sarekh Senior Engineer

When the game crashed today I had cause to look into the logfile. Found a part that said sunwind

MySunWind.LoadData() - START
    2015-10-16 20:48:02.228 - Thread: 1 -> MySunWind.LoadData() - END

@Mix-martes86 oh wizard of the code, tell me - has this been in there before? What does it do? Did I miss something that has been there for ages? Will we get solar sails and drift around space Bajoran style?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dragonspride Apprentice Engineer

You mean from the depths?

18. The Q Apprentice Engineer

Hoepfully better (we want modern engineers (todays age) dont we all)

19. The Q Apprentice Engineer

treasure planet? Treasure planet!

20. Dragonspride Apprentice Engineer

I give that movie 10/10 because of FUCKING DRIFTING A BATTLESHIP

21. The Q Apprentice Engineer

That movies script: sexual woman; PEW PEW; plothole talk to (un)nessecary big boy;
    PEW PEW BOOM; SPEZIAL EFFECTZ(!);
    PEW PEW;ALIENZ; MURICA; PEW; THE END

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jones-250 Apprentice Engineer

To quote myself...
    Do you know, Keen, what happens to the Hype-Locomotive once it heats up too much and isn't allowed to let off some steam?
    [​IMG]
    I've been shovelling coal, little and often, for several weeks now. My boiler is sturdy and sound, but I cannot guarantee that such high-quality craftsmanship is universal.
    Just Sayan.

23. chrisb Senior Engineer

I enjoyed Casey Jones when I was a little-un. Thought I'd say. :)

24. Spets Master Engineer

not to be political or whatever, but that is why I disliked the movie, too much murica, too much hero crap, and so on. that alien ship should just eat all that armada in one bite and end the movie right there, all dead, happy alien total human extermination ending

• Like Like x 3
  25. Einharjar Junior Engineer

I think all of Americans can agree.is was a shameless USN hype movie. Guns, Glory and Boobs.
    We were making fun of the damn thing before it even came out with 'Monopoly: The Movie' mockery and ect.

I still haven't seen it (no regrets) and when I saw that clip of the BB drifting from a dropped anchor I was like 'ooooohhh come f##ing on....'
    And the dialogue? 'we're going to die'

I wish.

I'm embarrassed that it was made here.
    But, yet I feel compelled to make a drifting space battleship in SE now for some reason. I shall drift it into a planet! GUNS BLAZING VERSUS THE SABIROIDS!

'Murica! Guns, glory and Space Suits!

26. Sarekh Senior Engineer

to be fair... one could say this is extreme inverse warping.... no, actually, you're right, total nonsense.

27. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

I see it this way: while Minecraft might not be the first, only or the best (there's no the best tbh, it's all matter of personal preferences), it's surely the most popular block based game. And so, even though I know Space Engineers is a lot different, it's easiest for me to just explain to someone that SE is Minecraft in space - they'll get the basic image more or less, and I won't need to spend hours explaining.
    It's popularity is also the reason to comparing - it's easier to explain some feature by giving a known game example. EVE Online gets referenced here a lot, too - maybe it's not as known as Minecraft, but apparently a lot people here played it or still do (including myself).
    Therefore, I don't see anything bad with people bringing up Minecraft here. It makes easier for everyone to understand what the person mentioning it has in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Fidel Battista Apprentice Engineer

I somehow watched the whole movie, and at that moment i was thinking the same thing.

29. SidDark Trainee Engineer

The version number will change from 1.104 to 2.000 after this massive update, right?

30. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Indeed it was there for quite some time now. Kept the 01.084 source for reference, and it's there. A quick look tells me it's a class dedicated to spawning visual effects (billboards) that would result in some damage to ships and units, much like meteorites. It's a fully coded class, and (from what I've seen) hasn't changed since 084, which leads me to think it's a leftover from Miner Wars, currently inactive.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.