Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.105 Hype-Rage Train (Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. drkrieger Apprentice Engineer

Replicators anyone?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Maybe if we get planets, there will be a full compliment. :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  3. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

If its any thing more than just a round of ineffectual bug fixes color me impressed.

4. Malware Master Engineer

(sigh) If only everybody had to learn something about advanced software engineering, along with some real experience. Then people would realize just how difficult it is, and disrespectful comments like that would be a thing of the past.

• Like Like x 5
  5. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

Some of us are going to be such rude fans on Thursday.
    "Happy 2nd birthday SE! Now where the **** my planets!"

Normally I shrug and watch the hype train go by. For this patch I'm partying in first class... until the crippling disappointment...

• Like Like x 1
  6. rylo Apprentice Engineer

Everyone is super stoked for planets and I'm over here wanting sorters to pass items seamlessly with out the collect as much as possible and then dump jittery action or having to rig a connector and collector up to it. Either way we should never see items in the sorter block it should be a steady flow. Also it would be really cool if it could pull ore and ingots out of refineries and assemblers...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Heavylink Trainee Engineer

Who knows... Maybe the next update will contain space animals.
    Pokemon anyone?

8. AndyRock Trainee Engineer

Have to agree, I would prefer more quality of life fixes like this, my game at the moment is so buggy that it's basically unplayable in survival, I really want that stuff to be fixed so I can play more before planets arrive :(

9. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Arma 3 runs better than SE? o.O I barely get 30 FPS there while I run between 70-90 in SE.

10. acidmetal Apprentice Engineer

I hope they fix those bugs which cause FPS drops. Fixing asteroid rendering artifacts wont do bad either. :rolleyes:

11. entspeak Senior Engineer

I've got a high end TRS-80 with 8k Ram and I get good frame rates... of course, I'm playing the text version of SE.

"Go N". "Get Construction Component." "Kill Sabiroid with Construction Component."

Pro Tip: You can't kill a Sabiroid with a Construction Component.
    *sigh*
    I'm going to have to pop the tape in and start over.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Reflexus Apprentice Engineer

I can already smell it in the air:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. j0sh1ng Apprentice Engineer

Good morning Engineers! It is once again Wistful Wednesday on the Hype Train. Today's special: Speculations a la carte. We would like to apologize the recent slowed speed of the Train, because we have been running low on high power fuels. Thank you for riding!

Needless to say:
    Want: Planets
    Need: Planets
    Get: Me disembarking the Hype Train

Well, that pretty much sums it up. If we don't get planets this week, I'll be done hyping. Not due to rage, but due to the fact that all my guesses as to the release date are wrong. The hype thrusters are cooling, Keen. This could be bad, and it could be good.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. XilentDude Trainee Engineer

Well, this Thursday should be The Thursday. Recently, they created a branch named old_multiplayer, which seems to have the same build ID as the current one. It's probably some kind of backup for players to access after the new multiplayer/netcode (you can already access it). They wouldn't release netcode before planets, only after or at the same time. I really hope they will release it earlier than the recently usual Friday, 00-01 AM GMT +2 so I can actually play it.

15. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

What? You mean the secret magic F13 programmer key doesn't make programs in two seconds for you?

(Yes. I've known people with a similar expectation of development.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. gazz.fisher Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    I hope the hype train is weaponised ready to battle through the negativity for the 'aniversary patchmas' ;)

17. Coldplain Trainee Engineer

I have a good feeling about the next patch.

18. Baron Lockerd Trainee Engineer

11.5 hours and the countdown begins.

19. Silvak Apprentice Engineer

Isn't that a countdown? Or a countdown to a countdown?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Its more like a minimum of 24 hours till we will actually have the update :p

21. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

RESTART THE WAR CLOCK

in all seriousness, try to keep your hype on check please. There was entirely too much entitled complaining last time because people didn't they what they want.

22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

*kicks back*
    *opens Tortilla chip bag*

Jurassic World on Blue Ray, kids.
    *prepares for the "bubblegum T-Rex" last-minute-disappointment*
    Jurassic World on Blue Ray is the only hype we need tonight.

23. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

It depends on the moment, I sometimes also get 70 FPS in SE, when the map is basically empty or there's not much going on, just as sometimes ArmA3 goes like crap if I put whole lots of stuff (and I really mean lots, and effects like smoke) on the map. But in general, given the ways I play both games, I have the feeling that ArmA3 does usually run better. Of course, that game is in v1.52 or something like that, well beyond final and with an expansion coming up next year, extremely optimized and still being patched regularly, while SE is still far from done.

Well, it'd ease our minds to have such a key to our disposal, but it'd take all the fun from programming, and I like my programming to be fun. The wonders of vocational career paths. :)

Cheers

24. Braxbro Junior Engineer

Ok, I gotta see about obtaining those hype-thrusters. CANNONS TO FULL POWER, BEAM LASERS ON PRECISION MODE,

25. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Programming can be very entertaining. Unfortunately a lot of us are placed on tasks where we manage old code that really should be taken behind the barn and put out of its misery. Every once and a while we do get cool stuff to do. I recently came up with a program that could locate an image anywhere on the screen given X tolerance (for image formatting differences or whatever else) and ignored regions of the image that could be flagged by leveraging the alpha channel of an ARGB formatted image. The first iteration of the program was slow to say the least. It could identify any matches on the image in about 15 minutes (average). By the fourth rewrite of the program, it was leveraging pointers and could normally locate an image in under a second, and our fastest clocked run was 35 milliseconds (an image that was very unique on the screen). Probably the most fun I've had engineering something in a while :)

26. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Tell me about it... the biggest project I ever worked on was a monster built in VB6 (which was still active as of 2011) that consisted of both a desktop client reliant on an Oracle database, and a web app in ASP with code linked in COM DLLs. The damn thing managed the health system for a whole region in southern Spain which meant more than 8 million entries in the database just for users, and then everything else ranging from clinical histories to a list of all drugs on sale on Pharmacies. It was cool at first, but we were so limited in what we could do, and the technology was too old for the mind to get anything from it.

And then there's the time I got to learn CodeIgniter because we had to make a NSFW website for a very big client, and we had to catalogue his "merchandise" for the shop. The office was a constant joke for weeks.:D

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  27. chrisb Senior Engineer

So then, will this thread finally derail tomorrow, owing to the inclusion of..:eek:. lets not say the magic word.

Fingers crossed, again. :D

28. Braxbro Junior Engineer

It's already derailed. It's a hype thread. It's never NOT derailing.

29. chrisb Senior Engineer

Didn't quite mean that type of derail, but I get your point. ;)

30. Nacon Junior Engineer

This so call "hype-train" got derailed so many times because people don't even know how to drive it nor have the patient.

People expect things waayyyy too much in such uneducated manner.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.