Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 1.180.5 Minor - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, May 18, 2017 at 20:01.

1. KissSh0t

@Xocliw Just going to reply to you here regarding the Server-Link mod livestream with Marek.

The small ship portion of the livestream was FANTASTIC, something like that for singleplayer too!!! just so the player can test creations against "enemy" of some sort.

Multiplayer Team vs AI waves of different types, small drones / large ships / small fighters, the team would have to survive a certain time limit against the enemy ships, or ai characters.

Multiplayer Team trying to take over a base on a moon, or on a planet or trying to retrieve an object of some sort "picking it up with a player made ship" and bringing it to a certain location... players would need to build the vehicle to do the mission.

--

Regarding going up against large ships with small fighter, what you do is use the camera as you were, but stay "just" out of range from the turrets and snipe the turrets using Gatling guns until the turets are non functional, THEN you go in close and attack the power source.

Using player made bombs or detachable mines are great for this role.

--

For everyone else who may not have seen this livestream.

*edit*

Why glass is dirty again?

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 10:36
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spets

I know right, If you drive on a platform there is no wonkiness, but if you drive on a rough surface with the same wheel settings it start to act weird, jumping and turning by itself.
    but also, if you set the suspension correctly you can also drive fine in SE. But still, too much realism is not fun imo. I prefer the driving more arcadish for this title. I also want to see the new wheel improvements. why is taking so long!!!?

3. I23I7 Tester Developer

* Pokes head out of the door *

Tools not working properly have been taken into account.

Now about the glass...

* Takes cover in a ditch as packs of angry fans try and stab me with dirty glass shards.*

I HAVE ALREADY RELAYED ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND CRITICISM AS TO ATTEMPT TO REVERT THIS CHANGE! PLEASE DON'T STAB ME!

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Commander Rotal

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. KissSh0t

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. FlakMagnet

Wandering behaviour in real life off-road is one thing as it's fairly predictable and will go with the terrain. SE wheels do not have predictable friction, are very lacking on feel and one second give zero lateral grip and the next, you grip roll. Handbrake effectiveness is hit and miss and the actual level of grip available means even gentle slopes become an issue.

Even worse is hte effect on surfaces that have been drilled, as the collision mesh looks like it uses a low detail LOD and is horridly lumpy.

Wheels need a lot of love, and when they do, wheeled vehicles will be a lot more useful and that will make the game a lot better. Right now, the only terrain that suits them is Mars!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Daerqueside

Or, just unleash an army of sugar crazed 4 year olds after a kool-aid and cookie party and tell them to find the invisible buttons on the glass, and push as many of them as they can!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Harrekin

One needs clear LOS to jump now?

No more jumping through stuff?

:(

9. KissSh0t

Dear Keen Senpai..... can you please not.... It's not funny anymore.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 10
  10. Mikiy

Although it's all said already here before...
    I don't like the glass change.
    I don't like the new hydrogen and oxygen icon's they are to similar.
    And fix the grinder please, its to much in-the-face.
    I find computer and display icons looked better before the patch.
    Most of the other icon's that were changed this patch look okay/good.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 12:57
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. eviltek2099

[​IMG] Nuff said....

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. FlakMagnet

I was having a bit of an ME session last night on Kienata's server, so I have yet to experience the joys of the new glass.

And if it looks like those screenshots.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I23I7 Tester Developer

Hey guys hotfix was released. Window changes were reverted. Tool speeds depending on their level were again restored to their normal speeds and the level one grinder not appearing in first person when equipped as well.

• Like Like x 21
  14. KissSh0t

Kind of wish I could toggle select tools and weapon by pressing the button for it to select then pressing the same button again to deselect, instead of having to press 0 to deselect.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 14:14
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I23I7 Tester Developer

Good suggestion but the console button already does that.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 15:01
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. KissSh0t

What is the console button?

17. jwagne51

The grave accent/tilde key; it's to the left of the "1" key and below the Esc key.

Also used to open the console in Bethesda games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CrazyEd

Oh don't get me wrong, they do need improvement, (I was going to mention the useless park brake then thought "Noo my real world car is almost as bad in that regard")
    I just don't expect them to be completely sterile whilst hacking across the wild unknown

19. Daev

And what about the unfinished medical room that still does not have a collision model?
    (And tell programmers! What I dream about is a button in my inventory. "To unite identical components from several stacks into one . And add the ability to pin the required container so that it is always on top." In all games with inventory, it is there. And sorting by ships, that would not have many grids in the heap. )
    p.s The idea with the retractable grinder is beautiful, it's a pity it's a bug. But sometimes bugs are better than programmers:carlton:. Return it as it was! I do not want the grinder to occupy two-thirds of the screen!:words:
    (translate google :( )

20. jb_aero

My problem is that with identical settings on the left and right wheels, the vehicle does the following:
    - slope on the right, drifts to the left
    - slope on the left, drifits to the left
    - going downhill, drifts to the left
    - going uphill, drifts to the left
    - going across a flat lake, drifts to the left

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Echillion

@12317 Thamks for reverting the glass we don't need another campaign thread to get it changed yet again :) as for the wheels I can agree with jb_areo that when going forward the current wheels always drift to the left and I have to constantly correct it. I do like the new ICONS BUT as others have commented there needs to be a clear difference between the oxygen and hydrogen bottles as picking up the wrong type can lead to death and clang either way by running out of one or the other gases....that said Thank you guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Ronin1973

I do not want the dirty glass.
    Marek can just kiss my ...
    I do not like the caked on shit
    And like a warhead my fuse it lit.
    From a window I like see.
    More than smudged up apathy.
    Upon this issue we have spoke...
    many times it's not a joke.
    So change it back and do it quick
    Dirty windows make me sick.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Stardriver907

Oh those darn windows! I was prepared to be OK with them but, well, I'm still prepared to be OK with them :D.

Dirty windows are to be expected with my fleet, and clean windows on my ships are a clear (see what I did there?) indication that my crew isn't getting enough work done.

The International Space Station, which has spent and will spend all of it's time in Earth orbit will never encounter all of the things space has to offer yet it has become the gold standard for how all spacecraft will fare anywhere in space. We can't see any spacecraft that have left the solar system and have no idea what they look like now, however I can assure you the equipment we left on the Moon is probably dusty.

I really don't care how clean Keen's windows end up because the windows I really want are just a click away on the Workshop. I think it's fair to say that despite evidence to the contrary most players believe their huge glass panels should remain crystal clear no matter what. Therefore I think it's best if vanilla windows should be unrealistically clean and those of us that prefer that our builds look as if they have actually seen some use can find what we need from a willing Modder. This is far too insignificant a thing to arouse such controversy. I will only say in Keen's defense that since the game is not finished they have every right to experiment with textures at the very least. There is no guarantee that anything currently in the game will be there when the game is released and there is certainly no need for panic.

Unless you're the type that just likes to spread panic ;)

As to wheels, I have to chime in on the veering to the left thing that seems to have cropped up at least two updates ago. Actually thought it was just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. ZinuxGamer

I don't like the new icons at all :( given I know no one that has been complaining about the accidental revert back to the orignal ones (pre-new model updates) ... I be very intrested to know what the thinking is here. It seems the community have zero say in the graphical direction of the game ... but are expected to play along with a early access game and raise lots of bug reports on a forums which is really not the best medium for report bugs (look else where in software development --- e.g. bugzilla)

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

TIL ...
    [​IMG]

And thank you for passing on the feedback. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. eviltek2099

Been saying this for 3 years, Nobody listens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Diewoe

Back to building space ships more like subs with no windows again :(

As much as people have complained about dirty windows for as long as i can remember this has to be a sick joke or Keen just doesn't give a rats A@# about our opinions. Clean windows to dirty ones is like a 90%-10% thing is 90% wanting CLEAN WINDOWS!

• Late Late x 1
  28. Harrekin

There's no wind on the moon...

And there wouldn't actually be any moisture in a vacuum to stick dirt to a window.

At least only make them dirty if they've ever been inside an atmosphere, my space station is unlikely to encounter "dirt" in orbit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. [MERC]Elin-Unchained

eviltek2099
    Damn dude, how's the world in 2018, any major wars break out yet? and most importantly, please tell me Trump died in office.

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. odizzido

Honestly I think both icon sets are good. I do like the new ones better mostly but the old ones were fine for me as well. I do need to be able to tell what is what though.

• Agree Agree x 1