Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.181.0 Major - Big Optimizations, Multithreaded Physics & More!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Echillion Senior Engineer

Thanks Devs But have you fixed conveyors/sorters/ejectors randomly exploding? and the fact that wheeled vehicles start moving on their own when a game save is loaded even though the handbrake is on? ( as well as my saves it happened to xocliw on one of his twitch streams. Edit : Singleplayer simspeed keeps jumping since this update I have made a bug report.

2 EDIT:
    Confirmation after playing last night the parking handbrake is fixed so that your wheeled vehicles don't start rolling when world loads even with the handbrake on ( btw their parked on armour platforms if that makes a difference?)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

can we please stop adding dirt to windows? the small grid cockpits make me feel like i need to plunge my ships into an ocean

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SileniusFF Apprentice Engineer

Shift-F11 indeed. Just tested and on first toggle it shows only Sim Speed, UPS and FPS. Very convenient.

Thanks for the update Keen!
    This performance increase is very impressive.

4. Martin R Wolfe Trainee Engineer

Yay. My rocket now goes all the way from launch to orbit with no clang. It used to clang between 27km and 35km. :D

[​IMG]

Now just need the hydrogen thrusters to work in survival mode.

5. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Personally I don't get many performance issues so I'm not all that excited about this, I'm still waiting for new parts.
    That said, I'm glad to know that my i7's cores are going to be put to good use.

Multi-core = Multi-clanging!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AronKrasus Trainee Engineer

Where is the "PISTON FIX" developers??, then we all need it many years ago. Piston affect a ship and make it turn down! Where is the fix that this work?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. link8dragon Trainee Engineer

Hum... find a little prob... I'm in CREATIVE mode and running a hydrogen ship (without oxygen generator) and I RUN OUT of fuel (or hydrogen if you prefer) :woot:

Am I the only one?
    Is it normal and I have to add an oxy gen to have everything running well again?
    Or is it just a little mess up who was made with the new hydrogen generator block (who is still not in game T.T)?

I personnally think that this is the third choice (something related with the necessarity of this block for hydrogen tank into some future version of the game), soooo... If it can be fixed it would be cool ^^' for now I will try to add an oxy gen and see what happened ;)

See ya, and good work for the rest :tu:

8. Martin R Wolfe Trainee Engineer

@link8dragon
    That is not normal if you have a hydrogen tank in creative you should never run out of fuel. Unfortunately I can not duplicate that with my ship as it has both hydrogen tanks and oxygen generators. In creative the tanks are ment to be always be at 50% full. See my screen shot in this thread the tanks are at a solid 50% several minuets into flight.

*Sigh* Just looked at my screen shot again. Hydrogen has been burnt and is at 44% rather than 50% at the time of the screen shot. This is a definite bug.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Hyper stoked that my tank treads that previously crippled sim speeds are now more or less running at a smooth 1.00 sim speed! Keep up the good work, and please fix rotor offsets....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Devon_v Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moving her is a bit of a strain, but so long as I don't look at her, I've got 60FPS, 1.0sim stationary, which is a considerable improvement over the last time I tried.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Anyone else rocket launchers not working?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. link8dragon Trainee Engineer

Yeah that what i was thinking too, i have try to had oxy generator and my tank just fill up to 100%
    Maybe you should try to see if your hydrogen tank are full of hydrogen? That can confirm confirm my issue even if you have oxygen generator
    I have personally tried on my bro's PC (with his installation of space engineers and steam account... and his ship too ^^) and his hydro tank are 100% full, I even see the level filled up, starting from 50% to 100% has you have say before
    That's more a funny thing to see and I quickly fix this by adding oxy gen but I mainly want to report the issue, and if you can confirm my doubt I think it would be fix soon
    --- Automerge ---
    Try both small and large ship in singleplayer without any mod, work great for me, check out ammo or try on a new world without mod

13. Fishkaras Trainee Engineer

More optimization for the god of optimization!
    I've been waiting for this release for twwo years!

14. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

I can`t help but feel a little underwhelmed by this major release. It seems to me that these could of been released as another minor update as it does not look like too much has been done. Saying that im not a developer either so i have no clue as to how much work has actually gone into this update under the hood. Anyway still love the game and look forward to the next update releases.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  15. Ekuah Trainee Engineer

Hey, it's a major update as it breaks more things that it fixes.

P.S.
    I'm just a little bit peveed that I can't access for of the large blocks anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

Hurray! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

Congrats on progress, Keen!

The glass shader is a neat change. Looks great from outside. From inside, the reflections sometimes obscure visibility of outside objects. Just turning down the reflection component for interior glass faces a bit should fix it to look good without being obtrusive.

18. odizzido Junior Engineer

Pretty good. The glass is neat so far, though I've only looked at it for under a minute.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Kiithnaras Trainee Engineer

Multithreaded Physics? Multiplayer Syncing Improvements? Camera-Snapping fixes?!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

My turrets are not firing wut.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Um, I'm not sure what happened.

I've been working on a "world" based on the Star System. I had built a rudimentary base on the (south, I think) pole of the earthlike moon. Last night I stopped playing while in a flight seat and in third person. Today when the game loaded I noticed that the artificial horizon was not working. Then I noticed that my view was also not showing me the horizon and altitude. I got out of the flight seat and the HUD only showed artificial gravity, which should not have been working 200 meters above the moon.

Then the moon disappeared. It just vanished. The base was still there, along with some debris from earlier mishaps. Then everything started drifting away. I wasn't getting horizon and altitude information because there was neither. Prior to the disappearance my CPU usage and frame rate fluctuated wildly, Afterwards everything calmed down. I had two other ships running on autopilot and they both continue to follow directions.

In answer to the obvious question, no, I have not reloaded yet.

I'm too scared

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Schwarzengel Trainee Engineer

Keeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!do you know you add more bug than you fixed, the gravity ,the rotor and more , please !!!!!!! take care of what you should to but not what you want to

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  23. Schwarzengel Trainee Engineer

The question now is this: the physics engine now has a bug and the artificial gravity and mass work together in only 3S but more than 3S they do not affect each other. I hope you can fix this bug, it's a big problem for our old players

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. CyberBlaster Trainee Engineer

Yeah they didn't want to shoot hostiles for me either. They were more then happy to shoot a neutral block on my ships though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

(╥﹏╥)
    Those are tears of joy.

26. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

What is broken at this time? :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

:carlton::carlton::pbjt::pbjt:

28. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Oh joy. Y'all managed to break almost every single one of my codes in one patch.

Your WorldMatrix optimizations took a shit on codes using WorldMatricies to orient stuff.
    Now we need to use a work around to get updated WorldMatricies reliably.

• Informative Informative x 3
  29. CZvsUKsimis Trainee Engineer

Hi Guys can you dont listen them with themes Windows, i like them how there are. Because!!! At least it looks real... If they want to have those Windows clean,so they can download a mod for their dream Windows,our if they do not want to download some mods they cen go and play some lego or some arcade games :D if you can make some scatches on them Windows you will make us happy... and otherwise good work guys :) KEEP IT UP :)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  30. Bistro187 Trainee Engineer

Wow i'm a day late :D Awesome update!

I admit I usually come to see the changelog video, but also to see Commander Rotal's rebuttal of new updates :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.