Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.181.1 Minor Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

That problem has been around since, well, planets. I've learned not to let ships with mass exceeding 10,000,000 kg even touch a planet or it will be lost forever. Really can't even touch a grid attached to a planet. It's as if one touch and the game starts the "crashing ship" animation and all you can do is watch in horror and hope you have a save you can use.

Fortunately, I generally stay away from planets ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey man,

Glad to see you are still positive in this dire time we are looking into the issue you just have described!

Thanks guys i am trying to get your bug reports you have reported to me to get fixed but its a bit slow process in the midst of optimazations

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  3. LeoClarke Trainee Engineer

I would like to point out the futility of submitting a bug report for a bug that the devs not only are patently are aware of; they are the ones announcing that it exists. Yes, it's very difficult to get programming right, but considering the sizable number of known bugs still in the game, it's not the best form in my opinion to release a patch that will introduce a new one. That said, overall this patch is certainly an improvement, which is probably why it was released.

It would be lovely, though, if we could get a piston fix soon. Yes, I know the pistons have been and likely will forever be buggy as hell, but at least in previous builds they had a reasonable chance of working properly at least for a while. With the current updates as the Bug Forums confirm, pistons do not work at all and placing one has a high chance of taking out whatever you intended to build it against. Which is unfortunate because I'd rather not mine several metric tonnes of ice for my hydro by myself; can be done but it's a massive time sink.

But other than those two complaints, game seems to be running a lot better overall, so I'm generally pretty happy with the way the game has been going lately with recent patches, making me optimistic for future patches. :)

4. I23I7 ME Tester

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Years ago the companys contract payed betatesting people to find this bugs
    A good company not only wait to fix bugs if a user how pay money for a product find experiment and report this bugs for free.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Selwyn Coy Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately, the door bug still persists. Here's a link to the full bug report:
    https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/a...hers-killing-players.7395415/#post-1287058168

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Birdy113 Trainee Engineer

Anyone else expereience server crashes after this update?

8. AronKrasus Trainee Engineer

Where is the "PISTON FIX" developers??, then we all need it many years ago. Piston affect a ship and make it turn down! Where is the fix that this work?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  9. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Hey, we've been promised the new chat system!!! -.-

10. radar Trainee Engineer

Ah, I get now also information to be displayed when hitting Shift+F11 only one time. Everything makes more sense now, really nice to have the small version (back?).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FireGuy1996 Trainee Engineer

Anyone having a crash at launch issue after this update?

12. Roxette Senior Engineer

Only two or three similar reports, and one at least was fixed by updating video drivers... worth checking ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

It depends if they know what's causing the issue or not. If they haven't figured out what's causing the issue (e.g. it's a heisenbug) then every bug report helps narrow down the conditions under which the bug occurs.
    It could well be that they know the cause and are stuck on a solution, but that doesn't mean new bug reports are not useful - the more they understand the problem the easier it becomes to find a solution.

I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be saying.
    I'm assuming this is is implying Keen should be employing beta testers and shouldn't be trying to get users to test/report bugs for free.
    Firstly, beta testers cost money and Keen's only income is from people initially purchasing the game, so their funds are limited by the number of new players they get: old players don't bring in new income (unless they buy the newly released fancy edition that Keen released precisely because of money concerns).
    Secondly, it's an early access game. If you buy an early access game, you are expected to be willing to put up with bugs and to help contribute to improving the game. Steam makes this very clear:
    "Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops."
    "This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

Players filing bug reports and contributing are a key part of the early access model.
    Everyone who buys the game effectively is a beta-tester.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

My sim speed is maintaining a 1.0 sim speed. But the graphics are very choppy, they aren't fluid but seem to pump even when the player model is flying. This wasn't an issue with last weeks update but just happened on this update. I'm in a world with a 13,000 block ship, a couple of 200 block ships, and one planet in the distance.

i7-3820 @ 3.6gHz
    nVidia Titan Black

15. I23I7 ME Tester

Hye guys,

We are aware currently of the merge block crash and are looking into fixing the issue.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TheTinyMan Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

We are have this on my server (all player/diff configs..) back in Feb this year and still here ...
    I and the other Player realy dont trust the SimSpeed counter anymore .... It shows "Rock Solid" 1.00 .... but the play feels other ....

Regards

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. FireGuy1996 Trainee Engineer

That fixed it, thank you!

19. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

I'm with my scripts being halted for be "too complex". But i'm not crying.
    You guys need to understand, it's not a bug, its a feature!

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

This last 'hotfix' killed my game. My simspeed went from 1 to 0.27 - totally unplayable. thanks Keen.

21. RumAndCookies Trainee Engineer

I took a major performance hit from this newest hotfix too. Undo plz?

22. Richard Asgard Trainee Engineer

The hotfix of today made all servers unplayable, sim speeds are at 0.25...

23. Alli Trainee Engineer

I have 2 server completely broken, one in 0.30 and the other in 0.15 following the fix of today ...

24. NuclearTrinity Trainee Engineer

Wheels are still broken!

25. Kidnoff Trainee Engineer

Yes, Wheels are still broken

I just load my game and all the rotors on my rover (small grid) are broken and destroy a part of my rover...

26. KevenH Trainee Engineer

I have a dedicated server with high spec and since the hotfix of today the game is just unplayable :S for me and my players

• Late Late x 1
  27. S7E Trainee Engineer

After reading all those horror stories in this thread about the new hotfix, I didn't even care to start the game. Though after a while, I still got into SE and, well, no horrific sim speed or performance issues. Could have already been playing for some hours with my buddies, but no, I had to believe the forums. =(

• Like Like x 2
  28. DrakoZ Trainee Engineer

All these bugs are not frequent, and depend on the computer, too.
    For example, I basically have a bug linked to planets and large ships.
    Sim speed is good, but the ships behave strangely =) All the time trying to collapse or self-destruct ....
    Forums lead to an example of the options for bugs that are inherent in the game, but which may not be seen by many (no matter how strange it was).

29. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix today started causing constant stuttering and freezing on my singleplayer world, as if the CPU was spiking, unbearable to play :(

EDIT: Did some tests, it's not the CPU, also not RAM or HDD, everything at normal levels, around 50% usage (0% for the HDD), also not the good old oxygen bug, halted everything on the server, still freezing.
    The game just stutters constantly, like it's trying to load everything over and over again.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  30. Thrak Junior Engineer

In general, you probably have a point. However, given the fact that many people are reporting the same symptoms appearing between the preceding and most recent hotfix... it is not unreasonable to assume that, in this case, the hotfix boned things but good.

While I certainly appreciate the Devs' willingness to address issues as quickly as possible, the last two weeks have seen the hotfix being worse than the problems attempting to be fixed (hotfixes breaking connectors, hotfixes breaking things after jumps, now sim speed). I'll echo what many said back when there was the whole dev/stable branch thing: It is sometimes better to fix it right than to fix it fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.