Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.181.3 Minor - Beta improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Eish, that is slow...you sure its not a desync issue? what is your rig specs and internet specs?

I have no issues like that with turrets. They run smoothly and dont skip frames

2. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

I'm on a single player game. Also I'm running 2 GTX 960s in SLI with 32gb of ram and an AMD 8 Core processor. My Windows is running off its own dedicated SSD with anything else on another HDD. I'm not exactly running a cheap rig. I've seen desynch before and no amount of desynch is going to cause the turrets to blow themselves off or shoot through the grid their attached to. Pretty sure I even acknowledged that I wasn't using my standard recorder to make that as well. Until turrets broke the first time that issue never occurred.

3. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Can I recommend you try running SE of your SSD? might see better performance

4. TheTreeman Trainee Engineer

I've encountered a couple of bugs so far. Firstly, wheel suspension ride height settings have stopped responding for me. No matter where I put the slider, the wheels do not move. I have checked to ensure that they are unobstructed on the build I was working on (a mining truck) and aren't "stuck" on anything.

Secondly, I reopened the world containing the truck and found that every time I entered its cockpit, it would persistently show the "Autopilot Enabled" message on the screen. There a zero remote controls on the truck.

5. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

The results would be the same. I've tried running SE on the SSDs before and there wasn't enough of a difference for me to leave it there. That whole skipping thing only started when one of the hotfixes returned the turrets to functionality. Before the turrets broke they worked just fine and I could have over 100 of them set to idle rotation and all 100 of them rotate and work perfectly normal. Trust me it's not the HDD in this instance but the turrets themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

Dammit Keen, I wish you would spend a SOLID month working on ONLY "Pistons, Rotors and Landing Gear with or without jump Drive". NO new features, NO new Textures. Make this game great again ;) I haven't played in 2 months besides just logging in long enough to see that its still unplayable if you use any of the aforementioned items. Edit: "IN MULTIPLAYER on a NON Modded server"

7. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

You should try disabling your SLI. Space engineers isn't optimized for it. I was having similar issues when I had connected my 1080s with SLI - weird performance hits and strange strobing particle effects (though I had no worlds with turrets so I don't know if that would also have been a problem).

Someone on here suggested disabling SLI, which completely fixed the problem for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.