Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.181.5 Minor - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. S'Maximus660 Trainee Engineer

Sad thing is, there is no fix for wheels or piston heads...

Also if won't mind a suggestion...
    'polishing tool' for voxel, could help with reduceing memory consumption, rendering and make undergroud/asteroid bases 'look'...

Greetings and keep up the good work ;)

2. Valdoroth Trainee Engineer

For some reason the memory leaking is really really bad today. I had zero issues the previous 3 days. I have to restart my game every 30mins in order to flush the memory.

3. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

There are 7 ships merged together in my signature picture below. If you remove all the other ships, Chilkoot Trail itself generally weighs in at about 290 million kg. She is a spacecraft and never gets any closer to a planet than the orbit of the innermost moon. I have a pair of cargo ships that were designed before planets came out that I (grudgingly) refitted for operation in atmosphere. They weigh in at about 22 million empty. As such if a significant amount of cargo gets loaded I have to use an additional ship that provides more thrust to help get it out of the well. Of course, all my stuff is civilian. You have different... operating parameters ;) .

I personally don't see the advantage of carrying fighters to the surface, but then I'm sure you would be more than willing to demonstrate the effectiveness of such a strategy :D. Still, I don't have a hundred thrusters on any single ship.

Then again, I use modded thrusters, soo...

Apparently if you have a craft that weighs over 1000 kg and any part of it (except landing gear. Sometimes) so much as rubs against a planet voxel, Havok calls it a crash and your ship gets sucked down into the planet. Therefore my cargo ships are probably the largest craft I will ever build and send to the surface.

Not saying my way is better or worse. Just different :) .

4. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

With the exception of one ship that I'm building together with a friend of mine, all of my capital ships are designed to be able to break orbit on their own. That starbase he and I put together is one where we just spewed bulls*** and surprisingly it worked. we basically crossed a federation starbase from star trek armada ii with the forge from Star trek voyager elite force. I'm going back through all of my hydrogen based items and ships to make sure they all can hold fuel since the hydrogen changes were made but once I've given her a safety inspection I'll have to put a little video tour or something together so you guys can see this. Aside from that I build with the assumption that it's a space navy of sorts. Years ago the pirate faction in game decided to start attacking across the galaxy and the ships that he and I build are a space navy of sorts that respond to the threat when the official Earth/galactic military response was not enough. Anyways I could bore you with details but I'll spare you that for now :woot:. Far as effectiveness of our methods, like I say there are methods to my madness. Long as we both get the results we're after doesn't really matter how we get there. As for the thrusters, my friend and myself build exclusively in vanilla. Any times we do use mods we keep those to their own special blueprints and only bust them out from time to time. I've been needing to see how it holds up under the new optimizations and such and this will be the perfect excuse to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

"NEW" tag removed! Hype?

6. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

SO ANXIOUS

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thrak Junior Engineer

Do not tempt the Lord thy Clang....

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Prepare F5 squadrons for launch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

This is the captain of the Carrier "OH GOD WE'RE ON FIRE", reporting in.

10. CuteZergling Trainee Engineer

Hello ! I've noticed a bug where when you delete the piston / rotor head or even wheels from suspension via Grid list, you can not re-attach it without clearing all the surrounding blocks near the piston , afterwards, you cannot place blocks around it anymore. This might also be from new selection box size of the piston or head. Thanks a lot !

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.