Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.0 - Skins, Parachutes & Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Disclaimer: I'm among those that want the female engineer and deco blocks.

The reason seems obvious to me: Having tradeable skins means there's market activity and more player engagement in general, which brings more players in to play the game. Not to mention they get a little for each market transaction.
    This is far better for keen in the long run than some deco blocks. It was a smart play, IMO.

Now... lets get to some deco blocks please, Keen!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Quick Question: Will these containers spawn in already running worlds too? Or I have to start another one?

3. Jon Turpin Apprentice Engineer

Maybe this is supposed to happen, but I'm noticing that the mysterious cargo drops are exploding on impact with the ground. Looks like the parachute never opens. I've managed to find one of about 12 so far that didn't explode.

Awesome up, otherwise :)
    --- Automerge ---
    No need to start a new world. I just loaded up my save and have seen a dozen or so drops :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Armada115 Trainee Engineer

BUG!!!

Any Building that has a Rotor or More than 1 will cause its Doors to Instant Kill you.

Antenna's range is still limited to render Distance, so that Video that keeps playing on Main Menu is kinda outdated and unable to work. Trying to build a Link from Earth to Moon but due to Render Distance set to 15KM on a DS just doesn't work.

but otherwise Nice Patch

5. Spets Master Engineer

Skin with a suit covered with snow.... BLIZZARD and more ENVIRONMENT HAZARD EFFECTS CONFIRMED! 100% LEGIT! DO IT NOW!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. watcher330 Trainee Engineer

Hi !
    Great update ... But ...
    No fix for inventory bug.
    No fix for server low sim speed.
    No fix for lot of Bugs in multiplayer.

Space Engineers is already unplayable in multiplayer.

Please stop add functionality but take time for multiplayer Bug-fixing...

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

If i remember correctly didnt the mod require atmospheric.drag and reentry mod to work?
    If im correct then either you added drag to the game which would be amazing or im thinking the more likely option that you simulated a parachute effect independent from the environment which is not as cool but still nice to have a cool new block

8. odizzido Junior Engineer

So do we make canvas components out of iron or cobalt? :p

Looking forward to trying this out :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Yay, now my wife and daughters who love this game can finally be dressed as 33 different male engineers! Sweet!!
    :D

Ok, griping aside.... I really like this update and just what it adds to the gameplay...namely, a reason to explore. That's definitely lacking in regular gameplay. Granted, this isn't a compelling reason...but it's a very good start and I'm happy to see the thinking going in that direction.

Good grief. I think I was hoping for a little more scarcity. I know that there's probability tied into it too so that there are indeed rare suits, but that still seems like a lot of drops.

I'd be pretty happy if this system was also used for *some* decorative blocks. They don't affect gameplay, and would work just as good as a space suit for showing off. I hope that's the eventual idea.

I do kind of wish that they had waited on this until more of the game was in place....mainly for the idea that more difficult areas to access (spider-filled cave, big pirate base, etc) could harbor these pods with a higher probability of special loot. Again...something that encourages exploration and risk.

But overall, I'm not complaining at all. This game does continue to get better and bigger. Keep up the great effort!
    --- Automerge ---
    Might have been a great time to bring "organic fibers" or whatever into play. From trees or whatever. Animal skins even?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. LoonyLadel Trainee Engineer

Keen... if you want to play bug ping-pong until the end of time then that's really not any of my business. However, the objects you're spawning into my hardcore no-reactors survival world have reactors on them, and you haven't given us the option to turn them off. Bugs I can handle. This I cannot.

Fix it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  11. madmeix Trainee Engineer

Hey, something wrong after update in dedi server files, servers dont come up anymore, even fresh server.
    Please fix it!

12. Rikerwota Trainee Engineer

I don't necessarily want to turn the new drops off but I'd like an easy way to reduce the spawn-in time - is this possible?

13. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

Love persistant appearance and new skins, but I would like to hope this is the starting point for more variations on the actual space engineer player model and not just suit retextured skins? Please?

A lot of us would appreciate being able to look like somebody other than the default bearded engineer. Unless we're establishing in the games lore that all of us are clones of one man...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Ignore the random stuff below it. :p Not part of the gif, but part of the post where the gif is from :D

15. Thrak Junior Engineer

Reason: Skins are easy and provide high audience benefit. It's a business no-brainer.

16. Steinmarder Trainee Engineer

Solution to that will be introduced together with the already teased wind turbines. Stay tuned :)

Also you can turn off the spawns completely, already explained in a previous post.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seagoon Trainee Engineer

Is the problem with modded small ship fixed weapons not firingbeing worked on ?

18. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

Are you included full dev's hdd image in this update? It downloading soooo sloooow....

19. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Textures require 2D artist .... female engineer requires 3D artist and animators. Doing the textures for the suit variants is not using the same resources, so has no bearing on whether or not a female model gets in game. Don;t get me wrong...i would l;ike to see some variants in the model be possible including a female player character, but what has been done is not 'instead of'

I am in favour of anything that makes the game better..... and having suit variety for online play is nice eye candy. Crate drops are nice for survival play ...... and apart from any bugs that creep in , I would say this is a definitely positive patch. It also hints at some of the love survival is getting....which is very much appreciated by me!

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. mos Apprentice Engineer

Woo, I totally wasn't expecting parachutes anymore. Awesome!

21. LoonyLadel Trainee Engineer

So this begs the question: why put so much work into the fancy new GUI with its scrolling and its ease of modification if Keen is going to not implement simple ingame toggles for potentially contentious features?

22. Richard Skallabjorn Smith Trainee Engineer

What about fixing small rotor displacements not working? Reported it 2 x now with logs and still no fix in 2 hotfixes.. sigh....

• Like Like x 1
  23. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

well i have to say, some eye candy is very welcome (and i like especially this one) but we really need more armor blocks. yes there are plenty of mods but they dont fit into the visual style + bad performance due to lack of optimization

24. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

On the loot crates, does the color of the lights indicate loot quality?

26. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

So... You forgot to list him in mods contributors too :p

27. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Can anyone join a dedicated server? I'm not having any luck. Every time it finishes loading the world I get a glimpse of the skybox and then CTD. The same file works in local hosted multiplayer though.

28. KissSh0t Master Engineer

That was surprising and very cool.

*edit*

2gb update wow..

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  29. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

Pods is not fun. There is no challenge. It time consuming and nothing else.
    P.S.: buttons on some pods is not finished. Also it does not works after repair.

30. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

On the bright side, the Female Engineer is already doing well in https://feedback.keenswh.com/ and decorative blocks have been suggested, too.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.