Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.0 - Skins, Parachutes & Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

Or maybe some kind of Electro/Gravimetric Ping antenna you could install on your base, and periodically select GPS locations of loot or objects pinged by your antenna. Like, a "GPS Signature Database"

2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I am not sure what a Electro/Gravimetric Ping antenna is.

A Radar block, like... a radar block that can then be connected to a monitor, or a holographic desk, and it would show little dots, maybe the player could put the radar block on a rotor and then have a kind of radar dome on a base scannign a certain direction, or put a radar on a small ship and then be able to see certain objects as little dots on the screen inside the cockpits, different objects would show up as different colored dots.

3. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

Ping is a signal sent to get a "reply/reflection", which gives information about the thing/object. Servers "Ping" each other to make sure the server is working, and give you an idea of latency. As well, Radars and Sonar Pings targets to give you location, range, and other data on position and status. With GPS data, your gps could get cluttered if you couldn't choose with to upload, so that's what that part would be about. Or as you said, just a radar.
    --- Automerge ---
    I also cannot sign into dedicated servers, as well as a friend on the same server. Seems very widespread, given some of the things I'm seeing already.

4. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

I think they purposely made the spawn rate and drop rate high so the closed beta backers don't feel screwed when they throttle back the skins and rarity once it goes public. Of my 10 drop pods on Mars half ofthem were destroyed on impact, the parachute didn't deploy. I got a rainbow welder skin on my 4 or 5 th one. So I think the skin success rate is pretty high I imagine they're gonna nerf it into the ground once the game is released. Was looking forwared to parachutes deploying, but Mars says no :(.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

I have a rainbow gun, but sadly it doesn't shoot rainbows! I so wanted a rainbow gun, if they were going to do this with skins LOLOL

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Try to download update while being abroad with your mobile. This days this should be doable and affordable, however there is always simple economy math. 2GB in Europe cost 20 euro, I would of download it, sure, but only if I was sure this money will go to game developers, not freaking mobile operators. Not everyone have constant access to hard wire all the time. Some of us don't even have access to hardwire at all, so yea, even this days there is a reason to complain about file size. Especially cause of steam policy... You can't play game if you will not download update, if only I would of been aware of file size I wouldn't turn steam online. That's why sometimes it's good to have illegal version of the game, which I don't have BTW, I need to get back home before I'll be able to play my favorite game again. Ahhh, doesn't matter, I was spending to much time with the game anyway, break will not hurt me.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

• fixed IGC leak with radio antennas
    Does this mean antennas will no longer randomly broadcast extreme ranges to the entire server now? If so it will make a big difference to PVP server since previously using antennas was a guaranteed death sentence.

8. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Okay okay... I give up!! I feel like a complete jackass, honestly, I can't find how to access this damned Mod Profiler everyone's so happy about!!!! I've done everything I can think of in game, and looking through every single file in the three dif SE directories for over an hour.... and NOTHING!!!! Maybe I just misunderstood what they meant by saying it was a new added feature!?!?!??!!?!?? I'm just so frustrated today... I'm done with SE right now!!

PS My performance is still in the garbage!! <30fps <.60 sim with three large ships 15 km from one another, not moving, in a blank world with no asteroids/planets/pirates.... NOTHING!!! If I try to run around on my ship, it looks like I'm running through water... VERY SLOWWWWLYYYYY. And it's been this way for over a year... before that I was getting 130fps 1.00 sim. I dunno what the hell happened since then. Actually, for two weeks many months ago, it got down to .01sim. It was impossible to play, really!!

i7-6700k
    GTX970
    16GB ddr-4 ram

CPU:95-99% Load
    GPU:93-99% Load

And.... of course.... this is the Single game I own that runs this terribly.... YAYYYY!!!

Sooo any help with the mod profiler would help to get my game back to "normal!"

Cheers!!

9. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Loaded game and the polka music played briefly. No easter eggs visible. What gives?

@Draygo how does the parachute *work* in a game mechanics sense? Also, is there scripting access?

EDIT: OK, found the code reflection in another dll. The parachute does appear to be a drag force proportional to velocity squared, the drag coefficient, and the atmospheric density (which changes with altitude and planet type). That's better than I suspected how it might be implemented.

Unlike KSP, we can't actually see the atmospheric pressure as we change altitude (i.e. on Mars where the lack of oxygen is misleading)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Whoa, that's bad... With this spec you should have easily 60 fps and 1.0 sim speed. I do have gtx960 with 4gb vram, i7 6800hq, 8gb ddr4, everything in 120 water laptop, and game runs smooth. In such scenario like you've described I would have 90fps at med details. But.. I don't use to much mods. Just couple gui tweak ups, control module, paint gun, old catwalk model mod, nothing that changes game to much, basically I can't exceed vanilla in any way. If your problem is caused by mods, well, shame, and yet another reason to stay out of game changer mods.

11. Director Juno Trainee Engineer

Ok so I didn't know you get skin items in the supply drops, I haven't anything but steel plates, and interior plates, and the occasional rank 2 tool.

On the plus side, I finally get some loot crates, found out my problem was a speed mod, the boxes were speeding up too much during decent, and the parachutes open too late for the speed they were falling at. Removed my speed mod, and all of the boxes since then have landed safely.

One thing I have noticed with this patch, is my save file load times have more than doubled, without any changes to an existing world, it takes more than twice as long to load. I was enjoying some very quick load times, and very smooth game for quite a while now, but some of that is gone, kinda sucks when patches are degrading performance.

12. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Are the Veteran items the names of the default items?

[​IMG]

13. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

I think for people who bought it in closed beta they are default. I imagine once the game is released they will be gone forever.

14. Bumber Senior Engineer

I thought it was dust, to match the old dirty 'new' windows we'll soon be getting.

What about the previous versions feature? Doesn't that prevent updates?

It's stated in the OP:

15. Cetric Junior Engineer

I am sure the 'female astronaut' is going to arrive to the game anytime soon, as we have a female engineer in Medieval Engineers for months already.
    But I would not expect too much optical change genderwise, as a space suit isn't exactly curve-hugging -> everyone looks like a Michelin tire advertisement character, should not make much difference if male or female inside.

16. KissSh0t Master Engineer

So I found an interesting bug... I just noticed that there is the character select screen on the main menu which is really awesome, I can't believe you actually added that Keen :woot:

So... I clicked the character button and then clicked the character and saw that the character turns which is a nice touch, I then thought I would take a screenshot and so I hit F12 "default Steam Screenshot key Space Engineers should not be using this key", and then the game does the whole entering developer mode thing again like when trying to take a screenshot in Creative Mode.... which also should not be happening, the game should not be using F12 as a function of the game, this key is a Steam function key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    Girls don't have beards...

well... there was this one time...

that..

will never be spoken of ever again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Ha! Haven't thought about that, cause when I've tried it couple years ago it downloaded other version from all of the beginning, couple gigs at least. Now it works fine, great thanks for tip. I'll not have break after all :-D.

18. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Just my only concern. Can parachutes deploy on Mars or on Alien planet? I just see the drop pods fall out of the sky like rocks.

19. Cetric Junior Engineer

You are thinking of this "female engineer" here? :D
    (Conchita Wurst, Eurovision Winner 2014)
    [​IMG]
    Seen with her/his 'mobile assembler'.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

Hey Guys @ Minute 1:00
    Toxic Water (-Texture) confirmed ????
    or is it just a mod???
    [​IMG]

22. Sich Trainee Engineer

I play on Mars and yes the drop pod land fine...

23. Smokki Trainee Engineer

I think it's just the Alien planet grass voxel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

I feel these pods spawn so frequently that I can comfortably power my starter base with the uranium they carry and build quite a few things without mining. If survival is to remain a challenge there needs to be a an option to adjust the spawn frequency and/or to disable spawning entirely.

Also the game runs and loads noticeably slower for me now than before the update.

But I found leopard-skin-boots... that hardly look different from ordinary boots. Yay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. JumpinJack Trainee Engineer

Thank you for this Information.

I do not want to turn this feature off, but i want to change the time intervall.
    Every two, maybe three minutes after the last one a new one drops...

This means there is almost always a "unknown signal" and this kills the fun of this nice idea.

In my opinion this should be more balanced. How about max. two times per hour?
    Feels more suitable for me...

If there is no way to change the time intervall, I am afraid I have to disable this... :-(

26. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

There is a button on one side of the drop pod which you need to press to get the skins, I seem to mostly fail to get items though.

27. nutation Trainee Engineer

Overall, I'm glad you are developing cosmetics and personalization. Almost every multiplayer game has them, and you are no different.

The frequency at which these containers spawn is far too frequent. I realize there may be some rationale behind this fast frequency, but I have gotten to the point where I start to see them as an annoying HUD indicator that will never go away.

There are so many other features that could be built, fixed, or iterated upon. This game has a huge untapped potential. Please focus on that instead of what essentially amounts to a persistent HUD clutter. It would be a huge relief to talk about the new features you guys build, instead of the persistent subsystems that have been neglected or poorly implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

My brain can't process this. I can't error 411 File not found
    File not found

ERROR 411: FILE NOT FOUND
    :stare::clang::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Thrak Junior Engineer

Speaking of HUD clutter... can we please make the new cargo ships obey the same HUD view selection rules, i.e., show no name. Thanks!

30. globot Trainee Engineer

since the update I can't reconnect to my own dedicated server, there is an error message on client side saying : "World file is corrupted and could not be loaded"
    This message appear just after mods are loaded.

I have already checked server files manually, but nothing seems wrong ... (plus server seems to start correctly)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.