Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.0 - Skins, Parachutes & Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Potter Apprentice Engineer

What? My drones work fine; I've been using them to build a station over the last two weeks and I haven't noticed any issues. Autopilot is borked though, I'll give ya that one.

2. :D! Trainee Engineer

Am I doing something wrong, or do the mysterious containers have a stupidly low chance to give you something? I've opened at least 20 and gotten no special items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

Mars does not have an atmosphere so the parachute wont work that well. Also i have noticed that speed mods seem to be having a conflict with the parachutes since they accelerate to fast for them to slow them down before impact.

:)

Hello,

So to access the full profiler that i think you have in Mind you would have to part of the SVN group already mentioned on Mareks Blog posts. Its WIP to get it out to the public. To access the current mod profiler press SHIFT + F1 then you have to tick the bottom check boxes. Currently it can help you pin point a bit the mods that cause issue rather then reload a game 50 times to sort out 10 mods and find the right one that is causing lag.

Hope this helps!

Hey,

I reported the issue!

Thanks!

Hello,

On Alien they will work while on Mars they will not since they are reliant on atmosphere of the planet you are using them on.

Hello,

As mentioned previously this is some clever lighting and level design done by Aragath witht the alien voxel texture.
    Hello,

It was a attempt at fixing the joining issue in 06 and a definitive fix in 017.

Sorry for that.

Hey,

I have looked into your landing gear problem and for now i could not get it to reproduce if you have any information drop them here in this thread : https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1...ear-clipping-sometimes-spin-of-death.7396756/

Thanks @KissSh0t

Hello,

Can i get some more information about the autopilot being borked please? I would like to investigate further on this.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Sure thing, I'm on vacation right now and won't be back until Wednesday but I'll test it out and make a detailed bug report about its behavior when I come back. Thanks for the reply

5. I23I7 ME Tester

Alright thanks keep concise and straight to the point if i may ask please :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Potter Apprentice Engineer

You bet.

If I may ask; I noticed you mentioned speed mods goofing up parachute drop landings. Are you guys aware of the way ships behave at speeds above 200m/s (veering off course and becoming impossible to control) and do you plan on fixing that?

7. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

I don't see it working since planets release, actually.
    At for me autopilot don't trying to stop on destination point. Or can flight right into cliff. Or into solar array. Setting does not matter, I don't see any difference,

8. I23I7 ME Tester

Yes we are. Its over the limit the game has so we cannot do much about it for now. :(
    --- Automerge ---
    Auto-pilot follows GPS coordinates it does not fly for you....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  9. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

I took off my speed mod and the drop pods have a very high chance of surviving landing. Thanks!

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to change the controls for my gamepad. Would this be possible in the future?

10. I23I7 ME Tester

Currently i am not aware of any changes that would enable that ill ask around PM me your game pad so i have a reference.

11. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

Auto-pilot follows GPS coordinates it does not fly for you....[/QUOTE]

Example: I have "One Way" setting. Destination point is not visible because of terrain. If terrain is hills - autopilot will reduce speed and increase altitude. If terrain is cliff's wall - it will hit into it at full speed.

Also, that exactly "Collision avoidance" and "Precision Mode" are? I don't see any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Precision mode is: Remote block is less than 1 meter from Gps location stopping at the exact point.
    Collision avoidance is if object mass is in front of way point, travel around detour. It doesn't work well or at all with higher speed mods, because it doesn't have enough course correction time to avoid damage.

Also people in this game tend to make their ships Way too Big to maneuver properly.

Currently Remote Control block is my favorite block in the game.:p

• Like Like x 1
  13. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

> to maneuver properly.
    I'm wandering. why? :D
    This design able to lift 1 large cargo container of ore. It is 90% thrusters :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. jemccro Apprentice Engineer

Someone on the workshop modded the altitude at which the parachute deploys if you don't have an aversion to using it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1115463471
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks Keen for adding parachutes! There are not many games where I have a "golden moment," but with SE I've had several, one with the parachute mod. Now that's its vanilla I'm sure there will be many more. I think the cargo pod drops make a bare-minimum survival-start more bearable. I guess I like to think of them as emergency supplies, but would not want them as the game progresses and resources are plentiful. They must have adjusted spawn-rate with a hotfix because when I first started playing they were almost constant, it was distracting from playing the game. But more recently they have been slower to appear. There is one that actively avoids me through the use of gyroscopes, that's interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Oooh could the engineer get a parachute for himself?

Then we could do some proximity flying like i like to do sometimes.
    I turn off the inertial dampeners and base jump off a good place like a mountain with slope terrain.

Skip to 1 minute:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7 any news on the thruster damage front i mentioned previously? I'm still seeing thrusters damaging beyond ranges they should be and curious if the team has seen what I've been seeing.

17. Scya Apprentice Engineer

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Mars has an atmosphere. You cannot breath it and it's not so thick as the one on Earth-like planet (very cca 4km vs. 7km), but it definitely is there on Mars. Maybe the "thinness" of Mars atmosphere is an issue here?

18. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

Collision avoidance = try not to crash into other grids or voxels (YMMV on planets).
    Precision mode = fly slow and attempt to really center the remote control on that point. Use this mode if you are attempting to automate docking with a static grid.

19. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Mars does have an atmosphere in SE (atmospheric thrusters work, unlike on the moon), but it is a thinner atmosphere and contains no breathable oxygen.

The HUD does not report atmospheric density or "sea level" altitude. We just get the oxygen level of the atmosphere and the distance to the ground directly below.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I23I7 ME Tester

* Siiiiiiiigh * Okay, let me rephrase it as "Our Mars" does not have "Atmosphere" aka there is no oxygen therefore the parachute does not work that well
    The range of thruster damage will not be changing. It seems to be adequate for now.

21. Roxette Senior Engineer

What about the issue of small block ion thrusters causing health damage to player character, which is not the case with large block ions. This was an issue that had been resolved at least once in the past but is now present in the game again. Is this a bug to be fixed or a policy decision ?

• Like Like x 1
  22. I23I7 ME Tester

Thats a bug to my knowledge it should be the consistent.
    --- Automerge ---
    Well after some testing it seems it is consistent for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Repo Mann Apprentice Engineer

1.HATS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    2.Regarding medieval skin: DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

A bit of a side-step on the subject, but it would be nice if we could get a readout for atmospheric pressure/density now that we have parachutes. Probably useful for atmospheric thrusters as well.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  25. Roxette Senior Engineer

Request clarification - are you saying this is intended behaviour and will not change? it seems odd to have that only on small ship ions.

26. Cetric Junior Engineer

Want to suggest you insert this into Keen's idea collecting site, as this is a splendid idea; to have a readout in the HUD for atmospheric density. Also could be used for ascending flights for deciding when to switch from atmospheric thrusters to others and vice versa when descending.
    Space Engineers Feedback

27. I23I7 ME Tester

Wel
    Well for me the small ions damaged me while the big ions always killed me almost instanly. You dont get damage from small ions?

28. Roxette Senior Engineer

OK... I had not noticed the health damage from large block ions until you said this and I tested... I will refine what I see as the issue - on large block ions the damage only occurs if you are very close - about a half a large block length - to the thruster port - on small ships I suspect its a similar absolute distance? - which is multiple small block lengths, making close-in work on small ships with thrusters active difficult - and with the current bugs with small block hand tool hitboxes that's really awkward ;_;

• Like Like x 1
  29. Thrak Junior Engineer

I think thruster damage is fine the way it is now (and has been this way for most of 2017!). Just please don't change it again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, for starters, this:

So your ships just points at the waypoint but goes nowhere. It get worse if you assign actions to the waypoints.

If you set up an action to change the auto-pilot's "forward" to some other direction, the auto-pilot might make the change without ever going anywhere near the waypoint. If I let the ship go and change the "forward" direction manually, when it does get to the waypoint it ignores the setting.

I fired up Easy Start Space and equipped Big Blue with a remote control block. It worked OK at first, but when I added actions it suddenly got stupid and won't do anything as programmed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.