Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.0 - Skins, Parachutes & Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thrak Junior Engineer

Had this happen recently. Turned on "collision avoidance" and it started working.

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

First thing I tried. Just made things worse.

3. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

i think its a great step forwards :) but we need the obvious checkbox in the game settings to enable/disable the Drop Pods so we dont have to edit the file manually (while you are adding that, give us a slider for the Inventory multiplier and Assembler/Refinery speed/efficiency multipliers please :D ) some spawn rate control is also needed, survival is now more like 'chase the drop pod' :)

one serious thing is, these drop pods need to be battery powered, and never contain any uranium or reactor components, survival isnt survival when you have access to Nuclear Reactors, many people enjoy the struggle of Solar Power or some other low output electrical generators :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Just to be clear, Draygo's stuff is based on real world conditions. The parachutes do not require oxygen, they require an atmosphere. If Mars was breathable, the paracutes would still fail as the atmosphere is too thin. The alien world has no oxygen but plenty of atmosphere to fill the chutes, so they work there. The game just never reports atmospheric pressure on the HUD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Apsyc Apprentice Engineer

Something about this week's video was way better than they have been for a long time. Felt professional and informative, but still fun and exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

With respect I do not believe I phrased my original question well enough to convey what I wanted to ask. I will attempt to explain better. Back in patch 01.172 several players noticed a change in thruster damage and were not sure if it was/is a bug or an intentional change and asked about it here in the following forum thread link https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...ion-thruster-damage-distance-doubled.7392761/

All the wikis and resources I could find state the following values for thruster damage when dealing with large grid thrusters.
    Large: 5 large blocks
    Small: 2 large blocks

That's what the wikis and everything else I've ever found say it SHOULD be. What I'm ACTUALLY seeing however is something completely different. Small thrusters are burning at 3 large blocks when all other resources state they should only be burning at 2 large blocks.
    What the wikis and such say I should be seeing for thruster burn is this:
    Large thruster: 5 Large Blocks
    Small Thruster: 2 Large Blocks.

What I'm actually seeing is this:
    Large Thruster: 5 Large Blocks
    Small Thruster: 3 Large Blocks

There were no patch notes with 01.172 at the time that denoted a change in thruster damage so one of the players in that thread asked if it was intentional or not. When that person in the thread asked for an answer from the dev team, the member of the team that posted simply stated that thruster damage was being looked at by the team but never stated either way if this was intentional or a bug. The question went unanswered by the team as to if this was a bug or not leaving the rest of us to wonder if this was a bug or if this was an intentional change. If this was an intentional change from 2 large blocks to 3 large blocks, this means a change was made without an official patch note being posted. If that's the case then okay that's cool, no harm no foul, and I can adjust accordingly. If it's still supposed to be 2 blocks then what I posted in my video here is a bug.

Since the team did not give a yea or nay on it being a bug I will ask here. Is the official burn radius for small thrusters supposed to be 2 large blocks or 3 large blocks? If the answer is 3 large blocks, like I said prior I will adjust accordingly. If the answer is 2 then that means we have a rather nasty bug that needs to be squished. I'm asking because I have a few builds with thrusters and blocks very close together that are effected by this and need to know which one it's supposed to be so I can adjust them accordingly. If it's intentional then I will adjust accordingly for the increased range. If it's a bug then I will sit tight for when you guys are eventually able to get a fix out. I don't care to do either, I just need to know for sure either way if it's supposed to be 2 large blocks or 3 large blocks. Either way i appreciate the time you've taken to answer my question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I23I7 ME Tester

Currently the small thruster burn radius is correct and will not be changing so i would adjust the builds to it. If at any point the thruster damage is reviewed and changed i will make sure that the change log and updated contain any necessary information about this @captainbladej52

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DaemosDaen Trainee Engineer

The Thruster damage has always been 3 blocks away for small thrusters, and 6 blocks away for large thrusters regardless of scale (large/small grid). Note this is based on the amount of output they are producing. This is visible by the flame coming out the port of the thruster it's self. This is sooo not a new thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thrak Junior Engineer

There's the other thing, @captainbladej52 - the wikis you can find online are woefully outdated. Still good for general information but not details in some cases. Perhaps you could join the wiki community and update the pages based on your test?

10. JumpinJack Trainee Engineer

Absolutely agree with you, Nikolas March :tu:

Let's hope they will change this... :)

11. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

have simply disabled the pods ...........

12. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7 thank you good sir for the response. It is greatly appreciated, and now that I know I can adjust the builds and not have more unfortunately incidents. No I don't want to talk about it. Okay much QQ was had one day on my part lols :D

If it's supposed to be 6 blocks for large then that large thruster in my video had too short of a burn distance. At this point I'm just glad I know the small thruster burn radius so I can get back to building.

I suppose I could correct the issues I see so we don't have anymore unfortunate instances of massive :clang::clang:. At the very least I'll see about updating the thruster damage for the wikis I can get access to.

• Like Like x 1
  13. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

How can you people disagree with this!!

14. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

I suppose you missed the beginning of the summer updates that greatly reduced sim spead, mod profiler ( SHIFT + F1 ) that helps server admins eliminate mods that make the game unplayable, optimization changes that helped with FPS and again with sim speed. People are not saying those issues do not need to be fixed. They simply do not see the point to rant on a change log when they know their issues are reported and gradually eliminated.

To make it short. People celebrate their gifts instead complaining :) Do not worry MP is abig part of SE and the issues mentioned are already writtend down and scheduled for fixing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7
    Hello! It seems like you are the only one who responds to feedback or questions. I would like to question if you removed the 3 skins/2 days limit by the 1.183.1 update or not. I must know if it worths searching for items or not. :)

16. I23I7 ME Tester

Currently i am not aware that ,apart from the time between spawn being increased, of any changes to the container behavior.

17. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Something strange happened tho, since I was able to get 4 items in 10 hours, which is a huge thumbs up if you are not limiting it that way.

18. I23I7 ME Tester

Thats pretty lucky. RNG is on your side it seems.

19. Arcturus Senior Engineer

The logic/code for how much loot you get and which types you get is handled on the Steam side of things. The SE code only controls the frequency of spawning of the containers in the world. The (unknown) person at KSH who interacts with the game's settings in the Steam Inventory system will know the answers, but testers like I23I7 will probably not know.

20. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Since he is the ONLY one who is part of the developer team and actually answers in the change log also can contact them with 100% success, I could not ask anyone else, I think you'll understand :) This is just something they could discuss like this:
    - A guy asked if we kept the 3 drops/2 days limit
    if he answers "Yes" then the conversation ends,
    if he answers "No" then he either gives an explanation of the new system or says it will be revealed soon.

21. JumpinJack Trainee Engineer

Hotfix 1.183.102 - spawn time for container drops to 5-20 minutes...

*sigh*

This decision forces me to disable the container drops. :p
    Seriously - I want to play space engineers - and NOT space treasure hunt!
    5-20 minutes means not the same as "from time to time"

Slowly, very slowly I am going to hate this container drops.
    Excuse me, but that is what I feel about.

The changed spawn time rate before was okay for me. (still to often, but aceptable)
    My only hope is, that most server admins will disable this feature...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  22. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

This also brings up a balance issue and a case for a 1x1x1 or 1x1x2 battery. In the early survival game, silver for reactors is a bit tricky to come by. You might mine it, but the need for iron, U, and a few other base building materials makes it a slight challenge.

Collecting a few suddenly reduces the requirement greatly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Agree with this guy entirely.
    like honestly when i get an unknown signal im not like...oh...whats that? or oh boy a chance for a skin! im like..SWEET!! free reactor parts!! :DDD

I'd consider making a 1x1x1 batteries has this guy has suggested
    I've used this mod before
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=532433982
    they're the shape of a light armor block and are very useful for carrying a tiny amount of power.

............................ >:3
    also try sticking some warheads into those bundles of joy.
    that would be so AWESOME. to think you're getting a chance for a skin but get a face full of explosive.kek

explosives,turrets and other evil vile things...
    like alerting and spawning a drone
    spawning a pack of wolfs or space spiders
    because life isn't fair and these delicious packages from the space gods should kick you down or straight up murder you at times.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Bumber Senior Engineer

As long as they don't parachute death right onto your base. No weapons on planetary pods.

25. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I am rather scared one was going to crash land into my base but so far it hasn't happened.
    I assume it has programming in place to prevent it spawning directly above the player.
    maybe it'll above turret radius as well?

26. I23I7 ME Tester

*Looks at @Bumber destroyed base from the crate deployment plane*

Oh crap.... SOOOORRY!

*Pats Hellwiss on the back*

Lets make another run :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.