Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.2 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

Played for about 3 hours tonight, still no unknown signal. :-\. It is enabled in the options. Is there maybe a config line in the .sbc that might be off?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I think he means our left, on the left side on all steps, the inner of the stair, there is a black triangle coming from the glowing part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

The unknown signals appear as GPS markers on your HUD. They will appear within an hour interval or so on Survival mode games. They spawn within a certain distance from the player. For me they did appear normally and i was able to loot them. @Tal Raeth

Hey,

it does not preserve even if you save in cryo chamber in offline mod and then switch to online mod?

Hey,

I tried both of those things but did not get any significant sim speed drop.

Hello,

This is a known issue. Already reported.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Smokki Trainee Engineer

To make it a bit more clear, I'm just playing singleplayer creative. At times I keep steam offline and play Space Engineers in offline too, then at times I play with steam online. So if I had added blocks to personal toolbar while I had steam offline and saved, then turned steam online and loaded that world, the toolbar would be back to the standard. Same thing other way around. Ship toolbars work like before. First time I noticed it was in 1.183.101.

Would it be related to the fact that I have veteran suit selected, but if I play offline, the veteran suit is unavailable?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. I23I7 ME Tester

No that should not affect it.
    Still nothing sorry.

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

hmmm...let me see if i remember. :p

last few teasers i remember were wheels,wind power,hydrogen engines and parachutes.

we've gotten parachutes and they're awesome although i still need to use them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jon Turpin Apprentice Engineer

Hmm, I still have a significant drop in sim speed. Menu is dropping me to ~0.6-0.8 (fluctuating), while entering camera view drops it down to the 0.5-0.6 range.

I did, however, start a new world with no mods and didn't notice a drop, though I only played for a few mins while checking. I then did some extensive testing with my current mod list (approx 50 mods active - mostly armor block variations, but also shields, nanite control factory, and build and repair mods, as well as EEM and few others). I started by deactivating all the ones that I thought were most process-intensive, like EEM, repair mods, etc, and didn't see any difference. I then systematically deactivated more and more, until I dropped to having just 10 mods loaded, and still no difference. So I then re-ordered them in the mod list, trying to place the big ones at the bottom (like EEM) so that the small ones would still overwrite settings properly, and STILL no difference. I then went with no armor mods/block mods, leaving just EEM, speed boost, and one or two others... and STILL.. no difference. I also tried deleting/redownloading all mods, lowering my graphics settings to the lowest possible, changing display resolution, turning on/off V-Sync (all of these are more for FPS, yes, but worth a try). Nothing helped. This problem seemed to start happening circa 2 patches ago, if memory serves me, and I know I've seen many others state that the last patch or two crushed their sim speed, as well, so my guess is that it has to be something to do with an update.

One thing I did notice is that my CPU usage only peaked at ~70%, while GPU remained fairly constant at ~95%. I also am using a steam app called CPUCores, which assigns a higher priority to the game when launched, as well as constrains the OS to a single core to provide more processing power to the game. I can rock steady at 120fps with v-sync off but still get 0.5 sim speed..

I also recently upgraded my hardware to decent specs, which is just adding to my confusion as to WHY it seems my PC can't handle the game with my current settings/mods.. I only play in SP, currently, so I would assume that everything should be handled locally, no?

Specs are:
    MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming M6 AC
    CPU: Intell i7-7700k OC @ 4.8GHz
    GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6G
    RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8) DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

9. Squire Trainee Engineer

Same here 2 hours, 40 minutes and no signal drops. Nothing on HUD, playing survival, Private setting and I have checked that it is ticked in the advanced options of the saved game, I have also checked the save games .sbc and the statement is true. Now more than a week since it stoped working for me.

10. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

I would submit your world on here so they can see if they can reproduce on your world...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. D3Seeker Trainee Engineer

So that's what that was? Glad to see you guys were on it :tu:

12. Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

I'll upload my world when I get home tonight.

13. Kham Apprentice Engineer

I'm guessing/hoping it's what I'd been noticing where when I was flying around in ships it looked like my ship's blocks were disintegrating behind me as I flew. It was very odd looking.

14. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

This "bug" has been around a long time. You need a pretty large grid to reproduce reliably. Think 10,000+ blocks.
    It's easily reproducible with a 40,000 block ship, because even a 6700k/7700k won't brute-force past it on a grid that size.

The GuiUpdate time spikes unnaturally when in terminal, including when in cameras or turret cameras. It hogs both the client and the server main thread, heavily, to the point of game breaking.
    People have been reporting this duplicate time and time again for over a year now, you can even see it in Xoc's streams...do I need to send you a world? Cause all it takes to reproduce is one or two decent size grids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

As someone who routinely builds in excess of 10,000 blocks, I can attest to this assessment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

17. mikebanno Trainee Engineer

Small reuqest. Can you fix the big when connecting a piston onto a piston then they randomly bend or blow up. Thanks

18. Jon Turpin Apprentice Engineer

So THIS is why the new world start didnt show the lag. I'm actually relieved, as i was really thinking it was the mods.

And makes perfect sense since it was when I was building my space base things started to lag.

19. Thrak Junior Engineer

You're not alone. I haven't seen a signal since the last update, or at least, the last hotfix. Single player, survival, logged into Steam.

20. Arcturus Senior Engineer

@I23I7 It is possible to have a stuck timer in a save file. I had a similar problem to the other people above in that I went a very long time without any new unknown signals. I saved, exited, and opened the Sandbox.sbc file in the save folder. For the container drop system I set <Timer> to 0 (was 120) and <Active> to true (was false). On loading the game, I instantly got a new signal/container.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Demonanos Trainee Engineer

soooooo the containers stillo dont spawn way

22. DeviousD Trainee Engineer

Am I the only one where all the landing gears are unlocked on game load (though they still claim to be locked however all my ships start falling over/rolling downhill)? It started with this update, last week all was fine...

23. Jon Turpin Apprentice Engineer

Sure enough, I tested this by grinding down my planetary base, since I'm now space-bound. Upon landing near my base, the lag was still present. However I noticed as I got closer and closer to finishing the grind down, the closer to 1.0 my sim speed became. On my way back to space, I was at a smooth 1.0, but I still noticed choppiness when using camera view - not sure why that is.

This needs immediate attention, as no player wants to or should be constrained to one small base and one ship in order to maintain sim speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

And to add, the onerous drop in sim speed while in a menu means it takes forever to execute whatever you're trying to do when your mouse clicks take seconds to register and keystrokes get ignored.

I don't know what being in a menu has to do with how fast the game runs, but it shouldn't matter if you have an i5 or better CPU.

Or should it?

25. Jon Turpin Apprentice Engineer

Considering my CPU load never comes close to the 90% range, I'm guessing it has nothing at all to do with the cpu. Possibly an issue with the game not using multithreading? I think I've read that it will only use one core. Perhaps I'll check the box in CPUCores app that boosts single-core processing for games such as this and see if there's a difference there. Will update with results later.

• Late Late x 1
  26. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Have you ever watched the cores separately? to see if some cores are hitting 100%

27. Thrak Junior Engineer

I perked up at something you mentioned earlier in this discussion: planetary base. I have a big (about 38,000 block and counting) starship right now with lots of mods in single player survival. I've been seeing a reliable drop in sim speed... down by as much as 20% ... whenever I am within a few km of any asteroid. In "deep space" the sim speed is near 1.00.
    --- Automerge ---
    This fixed the issue for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cetric Junior Engineer

I noticed lately the performance or non-performance of pistons and rotors seems to depend on how many and what complicated (fellow piston/rotor) constructions you have in the vicinity.
    More details:
    I have a large hangar with three lanes. Was building on a module for my freighter concept which is supposed to have two cranes on top. Two lanes away I had a combined large-grid (connectors with rotors for joining small grid: ) /small-grid (body and propulsion) cargo container supposed to be inserted into a large-grid ship (not present). The container was just parked there, on landing gears and powered off. As long as this thing was present, the pistons and rotors on the crane equipped module just kept desintegrating all the time and heads hovered off and away (for returning sometime and reconnecting, then again separating and floating away...).
    I wanted to fly the large cargo container out of hangar for creating space when it became uncontrollable - the rotor based connection of large-grid with small-grid parts got lose and before I would have havoc from collisions with the hangar walls I simply deleted the cargo container completely.
    Now - suddenly the rotor and piston heads on the small-grid crane module kept peacefully staying in place. No more floating off.
    --
    From that experience I deduct likeliness of flaws in pistons and rotors depend on what you have around. Other technical explanation I can't think of. Maybe developers should see to it that the program does not get influenced thereby, and a lot of related problems won't occur.

[​IMG] https://picload.org/view/rwwrodlr/2017-07-06-20-43-21-181.png.html
    This is not the described situation, but taken with other builds present, however you see the cargo container on the left edge, that huge yellow thing. And how wide "lanes" are in that hangar with some small block modules/vessels present.

29. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Just to chime in and say my container drops are working perfectly fine on my Dedicated Server, but I am having an issue with what seem to be distance desync's (a friend travels from the other side of the planet and his position is desync'd. Can't attach to connectors and crashes into a landing pad 30 metres away when he's supposed to be in mid-air), also connectors and doors sometimes have a pull effect when they shouldnt, it's like running into a piece of elastic - you get so far then it just slowly pulls you back like it's not properly registering the door/connector's state. A relog or restart usually fixes it, which makes me think it's a part of the desync problem.

30. Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

That worked for me too. Thanks!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.