Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.0 Major - Half Armor Blocks, UI & MP Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Potter Apprentice Engineer

I had no problems connecting to mine, but it is on my local network. That being said, I did see one player try to connect and then timeout, but he didn't try again.

2. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

have you mods ?
    As i have read, it only happen with Mods ......

3. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

I'd like to know what KSH's strategy is for assessing feedback suggestions. Obviously, it's good they've implemented the half-block, but where do we stand with other highly rated suggestions?

(Revised for a more positive tone.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Yes, I am running 40-50 something mods. The server is ***Neo Isaac***

I just took it down so I can fiddle with something on the server machine, but I'll load it up right now. Want to try to connect and see if it works?

5. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

Symmetry/Mirroring is pretty off with the halfblock(slab), and indeed, small ship version is missing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

mhh - strange - on the steam forum and here (per PM) i have read over the same problem .... maybe one specific mod ?

7. Potter Apprentice Engineer

That's an unknown. It might have only let me join because I'm on the same network, too. If you want to try to join and see if it lets you pass the mod download screen, now's your chance. I have to take it back down and shut the machine down in about ten minutes

8. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

F12 is not working. I'm, actually, glad it is not working (the was a conflict), but there is a replacement?
    --- Automerge ---
    Also, Ejectors ignoring Conveyor Sorter now

9. Saitam Trainee Engineer

Players can not move on my DS... anybody more have this problem?

PD.: +1 ejectors ignore sorters...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Just had one of our regulars join and he made it into the world without an issue. If it is related to a specific mod, it's not on my server. Did you try deleting all your mods and letting the server and clients redownload them?
    --- Automerge ---
    Have not seen this issue as of now.

11. AdYa Trainee Engineer

Same here... Players are pulled back to their original locations after every couple of seconds.

12. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

It is also in single player ?
    Also nice and good work.
    Good continuation for the next.

13. The_Lux Trainee Engineer

Hey there, since the update, we get the following error message, when we try to build a block into our asteroid:

Code:
    2017-09-14 21:28:59.619 - Thread:  1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Sandbox.Game.Replication.MyCubeGridReplicable.GetDependencies()
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.AddReplicableToLayerSingle(IMyReplicable rep, UpdateLayer layer)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.AddReplicableToLayer(IMyReplicable rep, UpdateLayer layer)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.SendUpdate()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyMultiplayerBase.Tick()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyDedicatedServerBase.Tick()
      at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunInternal()
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunMain(String instanceName, String customPath, Boolean isService, Boolean showConsole)
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.ProcessArgs(String[] args)
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.Run[T](String[] args)
      at SpaceEngineersDedicated.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)
    2017-09-14 21:28:59.621 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window
    2017-09-14 21:28:59.621 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window done
    2017-09-14 21:28:59.621 - Thread:  1 ->  Showing message
    The game crashes directly. It is reproducable and it happen to alle 5 last save games.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:
    I've tested it via Singleplayer (copied Savegame from dedicated server). I was able to place Blocks into our asteroid. But after my frieds joined my game, it crashes the whole game.
    When I build a block into another asteroid, there is no problem.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  14. Loues S. Cat Apprentice Engineer

DON'T PUSH THIS UPDATE TO SURVIVAL SERVERS

Sorters are broken and are allowing /everything/ to pass through them
    Anyone using a sorter based stone ejector system may well have their entire inventory drained.

15. SavageTurtle Trainee Engineer

Got to ask. Is there something new I have to do to control remote control ships now. I was on my world right before this update and could control all my remote control ships, since the update they all say the remote control has the wrong ownership. I can't control any ship remotely. I have tried destroying both the antenna and remote controls on all ships and rebuilt but it just won't let me control them. All ownership is set to me.

16. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

looks it is not bound to an specific mod ....
    As if i delete ~20mods from my modlist it loads - no matter which mods ...
    One time with 18 deleted ... other time i musst 30 delete .... looks like an bug in the mod load part ...
    If a mod would doing this, he can only doing this AFTER loading all mods ... then the mod integrating in the engine start ..
    before it is only hash checking if the mod present on steam and have the same hash value ....

have to wait for an fix ......

17. Captaindan Apprentice Engineer

:woot:

I test it!! Walking on Small Ships now, is possible!!!!! Nice Keen!! I waited so long for this! :tu::tu::tu:

Sorry, no time, I have to finish my YT-2000 Freighter!

18. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

nor the button that kills humans... :/

guess We'll have to settle with the suicide button or button attached to warhead.

19. DragonSkull Trainee Engineer

Yes, sorters are not working. I almost got all my cargo ejected in my stone ejector until i noticed....

20. SavageTurtle Trainee Engineer

I figured out how to control ships, but got to tell you the remote access page no longer works and is therefore redundant. And yes as others have said, sorters no longer work.

21. UrbanLegend Apprentice Engineer

On the one hand, I love the idea of half blocks. For me, 2 blocks is the optimal deck height because it is 2 flights of stairs but a full block of ceiling makes the walk space feel very claustrophobic.

On the other hand, I now have 17 decks of space battleship interior to refurbish :(

22. DragonSkull Trainee Engineer

I noticed the Body Location signal just disapeared 30 seconds aprox after dying....can't find the bag either. Anyone else?

23. ZZZhua Trainee Engineer

"fixed rotors in blueprints not saving their displacements"

I love you guys.

24. DragonSkull Trainee Engineer

In addition to this, I noticed that the sorters now have it's own inventory...thats may be why the ejectors are pulling it from it.

25. Loues S. Cat Apprentice Engineer

You know that might actually be useful if we can control it...
    It would require that the sorters never, ever under any circumstances accept a push request from anything unless it is specifically addressed to them.
    then we could put things into the sorter from one side and pull them out on the other without the sorter itself dragging things through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. KingDank Trainee Engineer

Shame they had to work on their own free time on these new blocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. MrJinx Apprentice Engineer

28. UncleCletus Trainee Engineer

Anyone else have an instantaneous nerdgasm when they read the multiplayer improvements? Holy hell, exactly! GUYS, EXACTLY, what i've been looking for, this is what i'm talking about lads!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. Cetric Junior Engineer

This half block idea is first fruit harvested by the community from KEENs feedback site, if you don't count little changes in parachute drop box behavior. It was posted as idea by @Malware , so the credits have to go partly to him.
    Looking forward to find other ideas posted there once in a while in future updates, and curious which ones will 'make it'. :tu:

• Like Like x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  30. CuNi Trainee Engineer

So... anyone else wondering when the wind turbines they teased what feels light years ago will make it into the game? Been waiting for some time now..
    Also, the simulation of bright/dark is still bad.. whenever I enter my ship, the world looks like Riddic: Pitch Black.. even though the ship is full of windows.
    And please, for the love of god, make a option to disable the window reflection!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.