Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.0 Major - Half Armor Blocks, UI & MP Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

I really should learn to refrain from commenting until I've watched Xocliw's rundown.

Also, I'm glad there's a sale; I'm trying to get my stepson to have a look.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sir Noobcake Trainee Engineer

Uhm i dont seem to have any problems on my DS using sorters or ejectors...lol

3. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Thing of it is, he wants to trade 10,000 wrappages of Yamok sauce for fifty gross...that's a lot of Yamok sauce...and I don't know if anyone NEEDS that many self sealing stem bolts...

4. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Xocliw explained it as basically if an idea is popular, and it's pretty easy to do, might as well do it. Liquid water isn't happening even if it gets 1,000 votes, but something simple and worthwhile gets consideration.

5. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Folks have been asking for half armor blocks for aaaaaages, I bet this idea is around on this forum since 2013 or something....

https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/half-blocks.6592196/#post-1281432343

Ok, not exactly 2013, but early 2014 is the oldest post on this topic I found on this forum.
    ARE YOU MAD KEEEEN?!? You pull this off JUST NOW?????????

Anyways, I'm still happy to have this, much appreciated. So, forget what I said, it's indeed a much appreciated feature.
    I'll just cancel all my plans for the weekend, stay at home and redesign my entire freakn fleet.

<3

• Late Late x 1
  6. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Parachutes: teased March 30, 2017, released August 17, 2017
    Some sort of wheels improvement: teased April 6, 2017, ?
    Wind turbines: teased April 13, 2017, ?
    Basic assembler: teased April 20, 2017, ?
    Hydrogen truck engine (and functioning wind turbine): teased 11 May 2017, ?

That pistol: teased April 7, 2016, presumably used in KSH's VR game test which ended in June 2017, mentioned as example that not everything teased ends up in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DeathOnAStick Trainee Engineer

great update, but you haven't done ladders yet? I'm confused. easier things first?

are there half armor corner blocks too? (ivent played yet) :D

stay positive guys

8. Thoams Gideon Trainee Engineer

Half blocks, but only for large grids. Darn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

That's about a 0% chance. That would require a lot more resources on a game they are trying to wind down on development. It would also be a substantial amount of CPU in a game that already crushes CPUs.

10. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

Two new issues have developed with this release: Lost over 12,000 thruster components in inventory upon loading a saved game. The Drain all function is not working in sort blocks, large or small.

11. UncleCletus Trainee Engineer

I love the half blocks but why do they still take up the space of a full block? You can't stack them? I understand stacking two slab blocks would be a waste but for example the sloped ones on top of a slab, you can't do this, why?

12. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Because they are blovks and not compund blocks.

Making 2 blocks to fit inside one would apparently cause issues

13. Nacon Junior Engineer

Half block isn't what most people had in mind... Small block on large block grid.

Honestly... I'm actually disappointed the devs went with that instead of the very feature we wanted for a very long time... Compound Grid.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  14. J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

More angles slopes need a huge ammount of various transition blocks between them. Also cornes with every possible angle transition. No, I don't think this is possible. I would like to have transition blocks for all possibilities now existing. It would make designs more clear.

15. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

I was hoping I wasn't the only one experiencing this; it does work if you go into the terminal from the Shift+K menu, but yeah. I reported it as a bug, so, hopefully, it'll get fixed. They're pretty good about that kind of thing, though.

16. D3Seeker Trainee Engineer

I sat at the mod loading screen for quite some time. Private, and offline. I had to go offline on Steam to get my world to load.....

17. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hello,

We are already aware of sorter/ejector bug, thank you for letting us know!

We are already working on it.

There is also problem with crashes while downloading MODs in game that to is being looked at!

As soon as possible we will release hotfixes addressing these issues

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Spets Master Engineer

the preview screenshot for the loading menu is a very useful addition. Thanks!
    also the redesign of the UI

19. Roxette Senior Engineer

Possibly related, I notice that the server browser is now unable to correctly display the mods or settings in use on a server, and always displays error messages.

20. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Virtualmagic73 Apprentice Engineer

In my case it was the following mod:

X³ Soundtrack Mod v.2

After removal of it the game loads without problems...

22. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Actually it's exactly what the people who voted on it knew it was. That's kinda like saying "well, I've got a few hours free, should I impliment this hour long idea, or attempt a multi-month project and see how far I get. In a few hours."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I am so happy that Space Engineers no longer uses the Steam screenshot function key ( *¯ ꒳¯*)

Why is half block for large ship only?

*edit*

Searching Space Engineers on Imgur is fun...

https://imgur.com/r/spaceengineers

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  24. I23I7 ME Tester

Young Half Block does not know that he cannot be part of the small grid council because he would useless as a block.

Or in other words we were toying with the idea for them to be available on small grids but the issue was that any floating object or other grid/block was able to phase through since the small grid half block was so slim and small.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. yurik Trainee Engineer

Love the Update, especially the half blocks but especially the quote, Carl Sagan at his very best. Thank you :)

26. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

Can we get the IP or address of the server?

Thanks!

27. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

Nope - we dont have this mod ... and as a already write - the content of the mods are AFTER mod checking read from the game ... it have nothing in ralation with the content
    maybe a realation with the amount + steam workshop ID of the mods - as i have read over different amount of mods with problems, and diff. amount with no problems ..
    btw. have now 1 time sucesfull loaded my single player test game (have the same mods as my server - is for testing purpose ..) - but after then trying to start and connect with client to the server, where was a fail - the next SP loading have again stopped at "loadin 0 of xx mods" ...
    as i have see the server have no problems - it can be GUI related ....

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. sapog Trainee Engineer

the "drain all' function is not working after this update!

29. RandoMan70 Trainee Engineer

Wow, keens, you're just saved me hours of my lifetime! A've watched this wonderful wideo about new features and just wanted to play with it, and.... And crash right after login to server :)
    Keep this way and we will spend more time with our families!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

What kind of crash send me the details please in PM.

@R-TEAM There will be a hotfix concerning the mod issues so feel free to tag/PM if it does not fix your issue.

As for the sorter issue it as well being set up for a hotfix.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.