Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.0 Major - Half Armor Blocks, UI & MP Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. RandoMan70 Trainee Engineer

Nice to take your response :) I've bombed full log from crash message to conversation with you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

Got it and reported seems like a very odd crash.

3. ScoredCashew05CZ Trainee Engineer

Yeah it sucks. It also seems (at least for me) that there is a limit of mods you can have loaded, and its 114. After you add more mods than that the save file will keep on loading/downloading mods.

4. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Is it just me, or are the blocks in Creative (have not checked Survival) almost invisible now when placing them? I can barely see which way my block is rotated.

5. Applesauce Trainee Engineer

That doesn't seem like a fair point when there are already smaller armor blocks in the game that are allowed on both grids.

The 2x1x1 slope tip is about the same size as the new half-block but it is smaller on one end, and similarly the 2x1x1 corner tip is smaller than the new half-corner block is. But both of these 2x1x1 tip blocks are allowed to exist on small grids.

There's also the fact that air vents and button panels on small ships are basically half-block sized as well, and small ship corner lights are a similar size to what the new half-corner block would be on a small grid.

As for the collision/phasing through issues, do they also exist for these other blocks I've mentioned?

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. I23I7 ME Tester

Then make a mod out of it :)

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Roxette Senior Engineer

This is not server dependent, it affects all servers listed in the in-game browser.

8. Thrak Junior Engineer

Somebody did, a long time ago. Sorry, but I am not sure I buy the rationale for bringing this in only partly to the vanilla game. Plenty of half-height small blocks with full-height hit-boxes already.

Anyway, nice of the developers to "do this on their own time." It demonstrates two things: The devs are good guys. Their bosses are myopic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

after hotfix if i add on a survival Server a ship in the planets atmosphere simspeed goes from 1.0 to 0.6, after I delete it it goes back to 1.0 tested with 6 Players

edit: Looks like ships are causing simspeed issues. Esp. If I remove and add a copy of a ship as admin simspeed Drops in space about 0.2 Points, after i delete it it goes back up

edit2: Respawnships doing the same, new Players causing simspeed Drops with their ships. If i remove all sim is 1.0.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  10. Registry_Editor Trainee Engineer

Bravo Keen.

A sensible update schedule, many bugs actually being fixed, comprehensive patch notes and hotfix notes. We grumbled, you listened.

Very impressed, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Virtualmagic73 Apprentice Engineer

Yeah. Thats a real hotfix. It fixes the world from loading. Bevore the patch i removed the in game music mod (X3 Music Mod) and the world loaded again. After the patch i have the same problem again but without the Mod.

"Lade Mods herunter... bitte warten. 0 of 123" or a translation "Downloading Mods... Please Wait. 0 of 123". Then it's dead. You can wait forever. No Messages in the log. No errors. Nothing. I stops working.

EDIT: Why is the last mayor release 183 not in the "Betas" Tab?

12. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Same problem here

13. Applesauce Trainee Engineer

I still think it sounds silly and arbitrary to exclude a block from small grids for, basically, being too small when there are other vanilla blocks that are the same size or smaller that were already implemented. But if that's the official answer on the topic, then I guess I'll learn to live with it.

Regardless, I would still like to know if the other vanilla blocks I mentioned have the same collision issues because of their size on small grids. If they do, then why did it not matter enough to stop those from being implemented on small grids? And if they don't, then wouldn't that mean the new blocks could be fixed to work properly on small grids as well?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Devon_v Senior Engineer

I think the reasoning is that a small grid button or light or air vent is supposed to be attached to some other block, so even if they themselves do not register collisions correctly, you will collide with the block behind them and then the game will realize what's going on. With an armor block, you expect the armor to take the hit first, not the block behind it, which is what would happen. So your armor would potentially be no such thing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Drills refusing to push ore through conveyors to cargo containers now. Drain All still not working as previously.

Edit: actually it's more like Cargo containers aren't pulling items from Drills or Sorters
    Edit: and the sorters are allowing wrong way materials transfer

16. Applesauce Trainee Engineer

I can accept that reasoning for air vents and buttons and such, but what about the vanilla 2x1x1 armor slope/corner tip blocks? Those are supposed to be armor as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. xiojade Trainee Engineer

The issue about a game not loading with mods installed, I'm still having it even after the Hotfix. I can't log on to my DS at all, I just sit on the "downloading mods" screen, at 0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Logi Apprentice Engineer

Umm...why my post got deleted? I was only asking why devs have to work on half blocks on their free time instead of actual working hours?

I was also asking why can we have button panels, air vent and half block ramp in small grids, but not half blocks?

Oh...also was raising concern that feedback system might not work properly when people spend their votes on popular things that are never going to happen and more easily implemented stuff will get buried in the 0 vote section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anunnaki Nibiru Trainee Engineer

In Yesterday's update, new problem with deleting groups occurred. When you delete group, that group would be for short time removed from terminal, but in reality was duplicated. After GUI terminal refresh, two groups appears. From this moment, ani operation with those groups will create lags/unresponsive game for 0,5-3 sec.

20. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Also, my hosted DS buildID version is reported as 2121933, and steam is reporting my buildID as 2121928. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with these problems. I can see it in the list and initiate my log in, it just sits at "downloading mods" and progresses no further.

21. jemccro Trainee Engineer

I did not hear that the same way you did. I think that it is more like they used what free time they had while working on other projects, not outside of work hours.

22. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

@xiojade
    have still the same issue .....

23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Yes, this would include the companion blocks for making sloping corners. However, every POSSIBLE angle transition? I don't think so. Just as the 2:1 blocks do not include every possible transition currently. The 3:1 and 4:1 blocks already exist as mods. Granted, those mods haven't been optimized. So it's not as simple as just adopting a mod in vanilla. But the existence and regular use of modded armor blocks has existed since the workshop opened. This means that the blocks have a track record and a bug history (if it exists). That would make their implementation much easier.

24. SentinelWinters Trainee Engineer

Can i ask why did my save file got fucking corrupted? i had 4 mods, none of them in use, i did nothing to the file

25. jemccro Trainee Engineer

Anyone else have an issue with their projectors turning themselves on with them registering as being off in the control panel? Whenever I grind a block off, the projector turns back on. If I grind the projector down, it still projects and cannot be turned off.

26. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

Half blocks .... ? So many years we've been left waiting ... so many.
    [​IMG]

Naturally my eyes could not miss compound blocks as being one of the very highly voted on items, and I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart hope that we will one day see those as well.

27. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

I was seeing this problem as well last night: the pop-up says the remote control has the wrong ownership, but I verified ownership is correct, and it was working before the update.

28. Devon_v Senior Engineer

That's on the people voting. You can also vote for a person that cannot win a seat/election/whatever if you want, same outcome. That's why I only upvote plausible stuff and not pipe dreams.

I also feel that what was meant was that the devs are busy with the survival changes and the new blocks associated with it, but squeezed in some time to do the half blocks because they were simple and useful.
    --- Automerge ---
    Has all of this been happening only since the patch? I was having problems last patch with various things not correctly pulling from certain blocks, but I've got some mods and a Frankenstinian banana boat so I wasn't at the point of blaming vanilla yet.

29. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

So ... this is a new bug. A 'unknown signal' popped up so I figured I'd go investigate. Flew out to it, checked the container and then flew back. However, when I got back my space station was literally just missing. While this is definitely the premise for a sweet episode of Star Trek ... something tells me Space Engineers isn't asking me to solve the mystery of the missing station. I mean, it's literally just not there any more. The ship docked with it? Gone. The two ships sitting around it? Still there. So basically that grid and everything attached simply vanished.

I was able to revert to a backup save but while originally I thought it was a mod causing it, it turns out that as I thought was only exacerbating the issue. The real issue is that my station keeps becoming a ship, and therefore able to attain velocity.

30. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Isn't that vanilla now? Might be why.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.