Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.3 Minor - Beta improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Byzod Trainee Engineer

Single player survival
    What do you mean by grids? If you're talking about blocks, not sure but I think there are lesser than 5000. If you mean subgrids, should be lesser than 20 (2 base, 6 ships and some small structures)

2. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

It doesn't take a large amount to get this issue, just look at thread. Been having this issue on my server and it ends up crashing it. Its ridiculous and they admit to knowing about it but yet we have to wait even longer.

3. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

I didn't even know Doppler effect was simulated in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Roxette Senior Engineer

Actually it's not simulated, it's just an unexpected side effect of the game's slowdown when there's something moving nearby that generates sound :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Still, can't load my worlds, they start to load, render the armor blocks, then after that, the non-armor blocks then freezes up. I have tried changing the graphic settings to low and the game crashes to desktop.

6. wagner Apprentice Engineer

I really would like to hear more fixing and features on sound in this game, like the option to hear sounds from an area ( like the cockpit ) and not from camera position, or louder sound that can be hear from small distances.

When I am mining with my big ship, I just can hear anything, no sound of nothing, just because I need to mine using the third view and the drills are far from the camera, it just fell off.
    --- Automerge ---
    Why just dont remove this pause option and when it needs to pause goes to the menu ? Sounds redundant for me.

7. aetherbeetz Trainee Engineer

Owned turrets are still targeting owned grids. Merging and demerging grids seems to have something to do with it, but after either action all grids are still owned by player. Also now it appears that once a turret(s) has been "bugged" by merging/demerging, they will not target sabiroids, even when set to target everything. Sabiroids are also occasionally flying up into the air when coming out of the ground.

It's ok though, I'll probably be told that these things don't happen, therefore they don't, even though they do. But it's my fault this hasn't been resolved since I haven't installed video capture software, recorded it happening, rendered it, and sent it to the developer.

I can't get these issues to reproduce themselves regularly; ever since "beta" that's how the issues have been: fleeting.

8. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

Since this update the game is unplayable. Random constant crashes are the norm now.

9. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Thankfully, this doesn't affect single player. Just sayin'.

10. Nick Tyo Trainee Engineer

Since this last patch, I've been finding I have a consistent problem powering small grids in easy earth start. All the ships are dead. When you try to engage thrusters, it goes to 100% power and nothing moves. You cannot load uranium into the grids because the conveyors arent powered, and the connectec station isnt producing enough power to charge the batteries.

I disconnect the connector and landing gear and the ship doesn't even wiggle. The animation for the thrusters is not showing, and all relevant blocks are certainly turned on. Toggling Y to depower and power has no effect.

Furthermore, I went into creative mode and added a bunch of batteries to the ships, I see the batteries charge up, yet its still not enough power to move the small ships. This happened with all small grids and I've never seen anything like this. No mods and default settings, brarnd new world. Been playing for 3 years, so I feel like this is a bug or a new config I'm overlooking. Any ideas?

11. mrkarp Trainee Engineer

You guys can xocliw? :(:mad:

12. xtoffee Trainee Engineer

Very happy with some of the changes, BUT...

Since the Update the game crashes everytime when I try to enter a cockpit of some sort. :(

13. Roxette Senior Engineer

I think you posted to the wrong week's update thread by accident, welcome to the forum :) It's a known bug with the update affecting worlds with some mods, hopefully it will be fixed within a day or two.. https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...ing-ghost-skin.7397896/page-3#post-1287074992

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.