Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.5 Minor - Beta improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

because sometimes coding is like trying to build a sandcastle with dry sand.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Look...lets cut to the chase here....

Rexxar has been at Keen for a while now. Why has he not grown a beard?

3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

maybe his beard level is so high it can't be rendered without crashing the universe.
    or its invisible

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roxette Junior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. rexxar Senior Engineer

Because my SO likes my current style more than a full beard ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sarekh Junior Engineer

Oh, these science officers, always so wanting!

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Thanks for the fixes and I liked the behind the scenes vid.

8. Fiadra Trainee Engineer

Cool video. Next week show us how a tester tries to reproduce the bugs, or how he makes sure that the fix didn't break anything else.
    Since it would be impossible to retest the entire game, there has to be some methodical approach to this, right?

Or just give us a major update next week. That's fine as well :D

9. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

While I don't overly miss the videos I do miss Drui :p

Although now that I think on it we haven't seen Xocliw in a while either.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Its the bad LOD bug again... zoom back out and it will show up like a minecraft beard.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Chuccoo Trainee Engineer

it would be much more interesting for me if this game has a feature of buying and selling. when there is a project, there is trading.

12. kristakis Junior Engineer

Awesome! Thank you!

13. Herpaderpa Trainee Engineer

Awesome, but in the next video i wanna see you tackle the full might of clang.

Also
    You can try out the EEM mod from the workshop, it has alot of good features and one of them is trading :)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531659576

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Randomguy Trainee Engineer

Very Cool.

My son (14) has been saying he might like to be a computer coder. This is a great opportunity to show him exactly what it is like.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

In the video he tested if the projector works, then said that when he commits the fix it's first sent to the testers who look around to see if something else didn't get broken. What you need to note is that not everything can be caught that easily. Not many bugs are as easy as this one to fix, especially when working on a function/class that isn't used by only one block.

17. Disaster Trainee Engineer

Im just too short on this game for to know what you thanking for but they wanna have a reply ? Here it is :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  18. Jackattack2604 Trainee Engineer

@keenswh

Add a "Control Gyroscopes" toggle switch in the Control Station/Cockpit's in the major.
    It would make it easier, since using Remote Control While there is a main cockpit on the grid will not function correctly. :D

Appreciated if you do it in the next minor :)

19. Chuccoo Trainee Engineer

Hi keen dev, i don't like The Collector thing because it is hard for me to fit it with the connector. when the connector throw away the items, the collector's ship didn't accept it, so that my items go float. i prefer the connector's trading post locked to the connector's ship to transfer items.
    anyway, keep up a good work. thanks for your attention.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/531659576/2381701715728451854/

20. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Quick question; anyone else having difficulty even starting up a vanilla single player world? I launched Easy Start Space with no mods about 15 minutes ago, as I write this post, and it's still on the Loading screen...I don't know if it's something to do with the Fall Creator's Update for 10, or what... Specs are in my sig.

21. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It's probably a Steam thing. You can verify the install from the Steam browser, or you can just try restarting your computer.

22. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

I didn't feel this was worth starting a bug report over, cause it's so small, but it's there. Anyway, in the mod settings, when you hover over 'Open in Workshop' it reads "Publish your mod on the steam workshop":

[​IMG]

I believe it should read "View selected mod on steam workshop" or the like.. also The publish button only says 'Publish' when you hover over it. fwiw
    Anywho, cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

New tag came down awfully early today...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I would allow all connectors to connect together regardless of ownership. Even when docked you can't pull from another grid's system unless you're authorized to use each cargo container, etc. If you can dock with an enemy connector, no one is probably shooting at you. So what's the point of needing authorization to dock? You can just hack the connector in a few seconds anyways.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.