Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.8 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I take few broken mods for more advanced ones in few weeks any day.

You camt make omelette without breaking a few eggs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. anomalousreading Trainee Engineer

Can you guys please implement the 'description' option? The code seems to be there, and there is a box with where it could go if you click on a blueprint's details. But you can't currently put anything in that field.

I'd like to be able to write which mods I used with certain creations. This way I know what's missing if the pasting reminds me that some blocks are not available.

[​IMG]

Additionally, if you could make it list which mods it used, that would be helpful too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Sound to me like you don't script or write mods.
    If you did you'd know why these breaking changes are being done and why they're a good thing. It's not something that's being done lightly, it's been thought through and the benefits outweigh the costs.

The game is still in early access, the API is subject to change, modders are aware of that.
    The onus of updating mods is on the modder, not Keen.

If the modder wants to keep their mod up to date, they will have to put in some effort to do so now and then. If the modder doesn't want to update it then they can either open source it and thus let other people update it or just say "tough, my mod's broken, I'm not updating it" (which they have a right to do). That situation will change when Space Engineers is out of early access, in which case mods will be more reliable, but until then that's just how things are going to be.

Really though there isn't that much that's going to break, and what it does break will either be a quick fix or shouldn't have been there in the first place (e.g. the security bug that's being fixed). The API changes are here to fix broken behaviour and make the API better, not because "Keen wanted to break things".
    Some of the stuff that's being removed has been deprecated for months now, anyone who is still using deprecated stuff in their code isn't writing code properly.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Cetric Junior Engineer

For those who did not notice yet: New initiative for a place where abandoned mods are hopefully given to new foster parents has been started on this forum: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/k...bandoned-se-mods-parenthood-exchange.7398191/
    This may solve all those issues about broken mods which are left behind, by negotiating a transfer of 'parenthood' to a willing new modder. I invite everybody to make use of this place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

This is the perfect solution to the issue.
    (Well, that and open sourcing mods on Github with appropriate licences.)

6. I23I7 Tester Staff

Hydrogen thrusters work fine in game you have to be more specific about your issue. Are those thrusters modded? If anything upload the world and we can have a look at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Huh, until I checked the UI just now I didn't notice those were referred to as blueprints.
    Maybe they ought to change that, or label them 'assembly blueprints' to be specific or something.

(Note: this forum doesn't use markdown, it uses BB-code.)

8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

klang is tamed!?

This is Marek's video..

• Like Like x 2
  9. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

BEHOLD THE KLANG NEUTRON STAR FEAR IT'S AWESOME POTENTIAL

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Lord Clang is never tamed, he merely sleeps, waiting for the right moment to pounce.

• Like Like x 1
  11. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

I think is just a gravity spherical generator and all other grid have a mass artificial active but I don’t know what grid is it. Or maybe centrifugal force but I think will use a another grid for show is like a halo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Malware Master Engineer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614130029

13. Arcturus Senior Engineer

So despite speculation it isn't an actual Testing Rig, just an Art Piece.

14. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Wow, funny :) And the creation date 1 year and 9 months.

15. Krienas Trainee Engineer

Yey! Thanks man. Keep creating these :D I suffer from update video absence too. Sorry Xoc, didn't find working way to deal with that yet, maybe these videos could help. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. VKILLER Trainee Engineer

can anyone tell me why my skins aren't showing up in the customize character area

17. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Hmmm......... Marek's video again.

Maybe major update is this week?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Rip lord clang 2013-2017

I wonder if that is a force slider or if they stop in front of immovable force

19. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It looks like it is stopping to me instead of not caring and destroying everything including itself.

20. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Another Marek tease video..... this one is pretty crazy.

22. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Isnt that already doable at least in sp?:p

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Jackattack2604 Trainee Engineer

Does anyone else get problems with the vanilla suits in Accelerating ships in cockpits?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. rifmouk Trainee Engineer

Is it THE day ?

25. Riasrock Trainee Engineer

They said it very acurate. The update will be extremely close. Like an asteroid 2015 TB 145 which also was extremely close to the earth and still you didnt see it ;). If they release this update it will be an historical moment in science because humanity will discover a new time unit. I think that propably is delayed by unequal fight with the clang lord ;)

The new time unit:
    3 very soon=1 extremely close=enigma of XXI century

26. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Valve already invented this time unit.

It's called ValveTime.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

• Informative Informative x 2
  28. jemccro Trainee Engineer

Yes it is indeed hidden, they have an "announcements" thread but it wasn't there. A link to the thread posted above went out on their social media outlets, which I don't monitor unless you count the sub-reddit.

29. rifmouk Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

then i haven't good raison not to be at the birthday of my stepmother.

Next year Marek you must come with me

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. abrtn00101 Trainee Engineer

Not hidden. It's in Discussions -> General.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.