Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.8 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Blue seven, checking in. Anyone got visual on the update?

EDIT: It launches tomorrow? Blast!

• Like Like x 1
  2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Another Marek video/

3. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

"Guess what this means?" It means Keen can't promote their way out of a wet paper sack. But I guess people won't complain about teasers if they are befuddling as hell... so... win-win, I guess. (sigh)

4. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

I can't believe that didn't Clang apart. How many virgins were sacrificed making that update?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. bobhendly Apprentice Engineer

I'm going to guess that all they did is disable collision damage and force for subgrids.

..Eh.. A bit overhyped, but I'm okay with that possibility.

What I REALLY want is a netcode that can handle 25 players at 1.0 simspeed. Then I can call space engineers "releasable"

6. Malware Master Engineer

The "Netcode" is just a thin utility layer designed to move data between the server and the clients. It has little impact on sim speed. That's just plain performance. Remember, the server needs to simulate all the grids and physics for all players at the same time. Add to that mods, with various impacts of their own some rather significant, and you start to see that - while I'm sure there's still a whole bunch Keen can do, at some point you're just gonna have to throw better hardware at the problem. Hardware, not cheap virtualized servers, telling you it has power it doesn't. Optimization can only do so much.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cohors Trainee Engineer

A bit surprised it’s this late and no update.

8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I've been informed that there is no update today. Update tomorrow. I didn't notice it myself either.

@Drui this should be way more obvious. This is, like, only the second time Keen intentionally missed a Thursday? This should left, right, front and center in the UPDATE subforum.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. MrJinx Apprentice Engineer

Hi there,
    Well i really want is to have all the people on the internet to be friendly instead of 99% jerks... But i have a better chance of making a car with landing gears for wheels.. (Yes I know it has been done)...

A more realistic "I would like" is to be able to have a dedi server with up to games limit of 16 players at 0.8 -1.0 sim while having fun and doing what you can do in SE Single player. .... IE: large-scale combat.. & people on 3 different planets/moons and roaming space..

But Realistically were a long way from that, mainly due to the team changes so many times *whos working on SE* fact is a lot of the team is working with ME. and let's face it they have done well. but SE needs a lot of love to be a full game by this time next year.
    *just a reminder a game like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R -SoC" took 5 years of dev time. and even then had features cut and stipped that was not finished.*
    So my hype for this game is "keeping it working" after 4500 hours.. so long as it does that.. im happy..

----------------------------------------------

Just gonna say that i use ** and ~~ because of the format used on discord, also i have a conversion app so when i post of forums it converts it for me.... However.. i was not on my PC with said app installed when i posted said message.
    But I have been around "a while.." and know about the BB code used on forums :D

----------------------------------------------

Like what was already said here..
    *MAJOR UPDATE>>>> coming Soon™ (Tomorrow)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

THANK YOU! No more crash on game exit! *throws a wild party to celebrate*

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Can a Devious get an amen!

"Pssst... Hey kid, wanna Space Engineers server?"
    "Golly, Mister. Yeah!"
    "$12US a month... just that!"
    "Oh boy! My very own SE Server. Here's your $12!"
    "And here's your 'server'"
    "Boy, this game runs horribly on the $12 a month server. It must be the game."
    "Sure is. Remember $12 a month!"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Malware Master Engineer

That's incorrect.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, that's what's called Markdown
    It's the modern internet's answer to BB-Code.

Depends where on the internet you go.

Game forums are more likely to have opinionated people who like to argue about games.
    4chan is a cesspit.
    Disqus places vary.
    Social media... lol no clue.

But programmer and maker forums are generally nice.

14. Cohors Trainee Engineer

Remember those days when threads would get 20 pages long from the anticipation of the new patch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

16. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

Ah the good old times :')

17. Vereena Trainee Engineer

I just wanted to go on record by saying:
    I cant wait for that update!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

Oh snap! The "NEW" tags on last week's posts are down.

It's go time!

DRUMROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!

(Also launch F5 squadrons?)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

F5gter blue midget reporting for duty. Engine's heating up. Ready for take off.

20. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Coming from a born'n'raised Southerner, it's y'all, a contraction of you and all. Sorry for the nitpick, but it really burns my biscuits when people spell it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. MrJinx Apprentice Engineer

Well Considering you know, I know Other things i wont say all the way.. It has been the information that was given. If that's Wrong then, I retract the statment!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.