Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.4 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. druppi Apprentice Engineer

best update ever
    2017-12-15 01:19:22.261 - Thread: 15 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Yes, out of context, my comments you stated comes from that fact that YOU were BASHING on the DEVs daring to release an UNTESTED patch. I said, WE ARE TESTERS. That was yesterday.... TODAY you takes my words when i say I am faced with old bugs that are so called history and was merely asking what was I missing????

Then you link this to your bashing against untested patch. is it just me?
    --- Automerge ---
    My reply was constructive, trying to get a constructive answer, yours was simply spiteful. One has nothing to do with the other, it is not because the subject of conversation is similar that makes it the same. Out of context. that is all, say what you want. ask the Any guy if I care about what you think. You conveniently took out the part where I was saying that I respected your opinion, but with your 3000+hours and being close to the dev, you should know that we are the testers. That is all I said, and today, I was trying to get an answer as for why I was faced with old bugs, stating the challenges I faced, in no way did I said something negative other than it is a difficult situation, Do I need to start a new world? or What AM I missing? See how this is out of context? man i swear.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

You genuinely can't read then.

No, the comment I made was about broken turrets- and that is the comment where you said I shouldn't complain- here:

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-1-185-3-beta-improvements.7398808/page-3#post-1287080816

In plain black and white- nothing at all to do with untested patches, that was an entirely separate post. More to the point, I and every other player has EVERY RIGHT to complain about them releasing untested patches; we ARE NOT THE TESTERS. Not officially anyway; that's just a joke we throw around whenever we end up finding and reporting bugs. QA testing should be done in-house, then any obscure issues that weren't found by the testers are found and reported by us. I say again, WE ARE NOT THE QA TESTERS. Let that sink in.

No, your reply was whining about broken rotors and pistons in 2 or more posts; you need only post once about that issue, thankyou- I'm not sure what kind of 'constructive answer' you were expecting to get, apart from 'deal with it'. If I'm being spiteful, you'd know about it, trust me.

I have no idea what you mean about the 'Chinese guy' though- I hope that wasn't some racist remark you just made...

4. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

you're an idiot. that was a figure of speech.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

I like the fact that's all you took from my post; some obscure figure of speech that I didn't catch; why not just say 'see if I care what you think', like any sensible per...oh, right. Never mind then.

EDIT: I also like the fact you changed you post to remove that part- too late dude, too late- the devs and moderators can still see your original post. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

yeah, i edited and took it out, knew you wouldn't understand and changed it for "GUY", where it is more neutral. us old folks are old school with our racists comments that has nothing racist at all. time clash. shaking my head in disbelief.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

"Racist comments that has nothing racist at all". Okay then... :tu:

8. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Yep, you say I need help reading, maybe, I understand things differently. anyway.... it is pointless going on, I said what I wanted to say. You take it or not. I don't care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

In my honest opinion ever since the the world became overly vocal in their "Rights" and "Identities" forums have turned to politically correct hot zones. Racism or not I was taught that if someone said something you did not like to just ignore them , as per Pegas519's "time clash" I'm pretty sure he's reffering to the change of definition (what people recognize) of a word e.g a B**ch (fill in the gaps) used to and still means a female dog but people started recognizing it as a derogatory term for a female and hence you are no longer allowed to use it in a school test regardless of which context it's mentioned in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Arcturus Senior Engineer

KSH New skybox (that is already done but not strategic to include in an update apparently):
    - Created 23 Nov
    - 1343 unique visitors
    - 389 current subscribers
    - 7 current favorites
    - Comments are generally negative

Space Just Got Real skybox http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136188499
    - Created 16 Sep
    - 44675 unique visitors
    - 23734 current subscribers
    - 939 current favorites
    - Comments are generally positive

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

true, but in all fairness space got real had a couple month head start.

12. ViroMan Senior Engineer

This forum is starting to provide regular bouts of entertaining drama...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

Right!?

14. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

*Looks over the responses to this weeks patch*
    Not starting a new server this week. Maybe next week.

15. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Space Just Got Real also looks good, which is also unfair :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. SeeViper Trainee Engineer

nVidia Control Panel turn off FXAA, Worked... But when loading a game, All the mods are gone and no button for mods.
    the advance button is off, and located at the very botton, nearly off screen.

17. DrVagax Administrator

Can you guys perhaps not argue about the dumbest things? Some people in here are getting dangerously close to week bans because they continuously try to bait or flame about the most pointless things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Dismantle the Horde, Varian.

19. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

So the hotfix just released broke my server. No on can spawn as there is no spawn points available..even when spawn screen and 8 different ways of spawning is enabled.

EDIT : ok seems it just takes longer now to populate the list

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Roxette Senior Engineer

I have no idea what's going on, but clearly my ignore list contains all the right people. :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  21. BlackScythe Apprentice Engineer

Can we please have a subsection in this forum just for bashing? This is quite entertaining

22. Thales M. Junior Engineer

How to enable MFAA?

23. SovReign Trainee Engineer

Hold up.... This is an "update" that brings improvements from the "last major update"... So.. this Update is a Hotfix?

24. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Keen started characterizing updates as "major" and "minor" a few months back, when they abandoned the older "stable" and "dev" branches. 1.185.00 was the last major update. Today's is a minor update.

Hotfixes, at least how they are used here, refer to (usually) unannounced patches for specific issues found in updates. These are pushed out when they're ready, instead of just once a week like the major/minor ones. Keen has been updating the patch notes in-game to reflect what has been fixed in a given hotfix, which has been a welcomed practice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. SovReign Trainee Engineer

good to know, was wondering where to find that info

26. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Still waiting on the new teased blocks long long ago, i need my windmills and my new engine with the new wheels please...?

:/

27. Shortstock Trainee Engineer

Can you guys PLEASE change the location of the save files to the steam common folder?! It is such a pain to backup saves from where they are and somehow in the process of doing so my main world got corrupt and no longer has sound.

28. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

I think we need a new law around here , if your going to shout and argue with people on here it should be done while listing to
    R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People

29. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

Does that mean that Jetpacks are again relevant?

Because since the major update i've found that Jetpacks QUICKLY DRAINS the darn hydrogen.

Before upodate in atmosphere-could make a 9 km trip if been carefull with the jetpack.
    After update in atmosphere, hardly can make a 6km trip with suit+hydrogen bottle...

Its ridiculous...
    --- Automerge ---

...Thats because of the Light pollution in our atmosphere...

If you would be in a very deserted area with NO artificial lights anywhere for km around, you'll see the freakin Milky Way...

From where do you think all those Milky Way and Nebulaes pics taken in the alaskian forest are from?...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Just add the Space just got real mod into vanilla as an option, its really neat

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.