Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.4 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

What I don't understand is why, within the Advanced Tab of the startup menu, there isn't a dialogue box along the lines of "Skybox ..." with a browse/selection button next to it. Ta Da problem fixed, just select which one you want, why does it need to be MOD'd in?

2. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Nice up date again - thank you guys :tu:

3. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

So, i can't activate the jetpack while running (SHIFT+W)
    Anyone else as well?

4. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It's quite simple. The game only needs to supply one skybox. Keen is trying to decide which one that is.

Those of us that aren't happy with the skybox provided by the game simply go to the Workshop and download the skybox of our dreams. Most of us stick with that one, although some people subscribe to many for various reasons. Point is, Keen's game has a specific skybox, and your game has the skybox you want.

With respect to the hotfix (1.185.401), for the first time in 6000 hrs I cannot play. No session I load, from my backup files or from a world I saved on the Workshop, will load or run for more than five minutes. I have to believe that if it worked before the hotfix and I didn't change anything that it must be the hotfix.

I've been watching people, including Xocliw, on Twitch and I'm seeing a lot of crashes and other mystical behavior. If my crashes are not straight to desktop I can send a report, but all I can say is I started the game and then it crashed. My next attempt will be to load 1.185.4 and see if I can continue.

EDIT: Well, my current session will not run on 1.184 so I guess I keep trying other stuff until something clicks.

FURTHER EDIT: After thinking about what the hotfix was supposed to do, I checked my game settings and, sure enough, I had anti-aliasing turned off. Never mind what that means, but if you go into SE's graphics settings and check the drop-down list next to Anti-Aliasing you will find FXAA in the list. My setting was None. I changed it to FXAA and now my game runs like it did yesterday. I suppose I had it on None for performance reasons.

If you are having sudden issues with your game crashing, this might be your problem.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  5. SeeViper Trainee Engineer

nVidia Control Panel turn off FXAA, Worked... But when loading a game, All the mods are gone and no button for mods.
    the advance button is off, and located at the very botton, nearly off screen.

Uninstalled game, deleted everything in Space Engineer folder.
    Did a reinstall, Run game and still the same.
    Anyway to choose to revert back to previous versions of update til everything is fixed?

Still getting error after game ends.
    Cant use any mods, nor any button to use them...

Hope everything gets fixed soon. I built my computer around this game. And cant even play it now...
    --- Automerge ---
    ok, found out how to revert back to previouse version, but game is still messed up.

Mod button is gone, and Advance button is on the border below the game start button below.
    Any suggestions?

6. Blacky [GER] Trainee Engineer

the survival update they pormissed us years ago, same as wheels but nothing happen .. also many old bugs like light flickering are not fixed till today .. they just lie to us thats all .. scamming us for money but doing nothing they promissed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thales M. Junior Engineer

I would prefer this game to be more expensive but a better game (Multiplayer optimized, better survival, less bugs..etc).

8. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

What money where?
    You just paid them once a small price. That's it.
    They obviously worked on the improvements you call lies.
    They will implement them when the more important things are done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Wheels are broken again. You can move around but boy does it jump a LOT.

10. Lord7864 Trainee Engineer

Try the 'Space Just Got Real' skybox on the workshop- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136188499

11. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

I really like Space Just Got Real, but it does a lot of lighting changes beyond the skybox, including bloom on LCDs, etc. So, no, it should not be incorporated into vanilla as-is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

So, all my suits and shtuff are gone in all of a sudden. Did i miss something?

-- EDIT --

Nope it's all there again
    ... that was weird:?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  13. SeeViper Trainee Engineer

nVidia Control Panel turn off FXAA, Worked... But when loading a game, All the mods are gone and no button for mods.
    the advance button is off, and located at the very botton, nearly off screen.
    Uninstalled game, deleted everything in Space Engineer folder.
    Did a reinstall, Run game and still the same.
    Anyway to choose to revert back to previous versions of update til everything is fixed?
    Still getting error after game ends.
    Cant use any mods, nor any button to use them...
    Hope everything gets fixed soon. I built my computer around this game. And cant even play it now...
    --- Automerge ---
    ok, found out how to revert back to previouse version, but game is still messed up.
    Mod button is gone, and Advance button is on the border below the game start button below.
    Any suggestions?

Fixed...

I had to uninstall, And select both folders in: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers "
    Also had to delete: " C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers "

No errors, no crashes, everything where it belongs.

Just save your folders that has your blueprints, scripts, etc... and slap them back in after reinstall.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

"Space Got Real" is using Darth Biomech's Milky Way skybox. Just download it directly here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670718659

Forjo

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

On an admittedly off-topic note, could someone please turn off the "snow" on the forums? Or can I turn it off, somehow? I mean-- if I want dots dancing in my vision, I'll hold my breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dantheotherone Trainee Engineer

My question for KSH is, what are you going to give us for Christmas?
    Getting a minor update is like getting socks and underwear and nothing else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

When you get into your 30s, you actually find underwear & socks to be a rather good gift to receive...

...either that, or booze/chocolates. But yeah, some kind of big update ( new block/feature/massive fixes & improvements ) is really needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I'd like a link to a forum/blog post and/or video that shows they promised these things.

They have ambitions. They want to update survival. They want to improve wheels. They want the game to be perfect, same as us. They never promised any of that. They said they were working on it. They made no guarantees and they owe us nothing. The problem is you want and even expect things and you're not getting them. That's not the same as breaking a promise.

If this is some kind of scam, it has to be the most poorly conceived and executed scam in history. No matter what state the game was in when you bought it, you cannot say it's not better now. If you're like me and you bought the game within the first year of its release, you practically stole this game from Keen. I only paid six dollars. That's some Triple A scamming right there if you ask me. I've never paid for anything else that keeps improving after the sale.

The scamming community should be proud.

This is just... I mean, seriously.

If I were Keen, you'd get a lump of coal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Pro tip for not upsetting your player base; don't tease things you don't intend to deliver. In the past, things were teased a week or two before being put in the game, with no uncertainty; then they started teasing big changes that appeared to already finished and working ( better wheel physics, internal combustion engine, pistol ), and everyone went crazy with excitement. 6 months later and there has been nothing; they may not have promised those things, but they definitely shouldn't have teased them until they were certain they were ready to be implemented- unless you feel otherwise, which you obviously do. That puts you in the minority, I have a sneaking suspicion...

20. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I would accept lumps of real coal since they are nice to use. If I was bad bad... do I get more coal? Can I have even more if I am really bad?

21. Zac Lee Trainee Engineer

all my small ship rotor born cockpit screens shake around no matter how robust I make their structure. please give back some useful locking functionality

22. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

I'd prefer a nice, functional, peaceful holiday break, where I and my friends can play the game. Plus, I'd hate for the devs to spend the Christmas holiday patching a major update. So, from my perspective, a minor update this week is a-okay.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I've just been reminded that I need to do a load of laundry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

You have credible evidence Keen has no intention of delivering these things (other than the fact that it hasn't happened yet)?

I'm betting the physics update probably broke all of those anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Events that do not happen for a large("large" is a subjective word) amount of time are good evidence that they likely will not happen, not that it cannot.

It is possible that the physics engine took priority and that indeed it possibly even broke the way the shown examples of the mentioned additions worked.

25. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

To the people complaining that Keen never delivers or gives us what we ask for, I'd just like to remind you of one thing...

This was never planned, never promised, took over a year, and they flat out said at one point that they wouldn't do it. But people insisted, and they gave in! They delivered! There is no doubt that they listen to and care about their community, and nothing has made that more apparent than Planets, or any of the other updates they didn't want or plan to do but people asked for, like drills on both grid types and welder/grinder blocks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

All right then- don't tease things you don't intend to release in a timely manner. ;)

If they got broken before even being released ( lol, makes sense ), then maybe mention it to the player base so they are kept informed? Of course, given that we are never informed of anything in advance usually, I don't expect Keen will let us know why it's taking so long for the aforementioned new items to be implemented...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.