Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.5 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Hooray! Thank you, Keen!

• Like Like x 1
  2. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Pretty sure the development team for ME is entirely separate from the SE team. That said, since there are less than a dozen people actively working on SE, you have to wonder what the other 70-80 people at KSH are working on; I'm guessing it's the AI thing that Marek is pursuing, as discussed elsewhere...

3. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

They are working on food in the office, clean floors, servers, all equipment, pr, paperwork, ksh forum, keenvr...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Tem Trainee Engineer

My question is: when do those ugly faces with beards change? Will there be more options?

5. Bumber Senior Engineer

You need two merge blocks, and you need empty space around the battery and its merge block. Then, to move it around you need to be able to access it with a ship. It's pretty limiting.

6. Dan2D3D Moderator

Guys, I'm receiving alerts here!

After reading I've noticed that some members are not respecting the forum rules, please go read rule #8

Feedback on the game >> NOT on others please.

Warning points may be given and post deleted.

Be Kind and Merry Christmas! :)

7. mos Apprentice Engineer

Well, that's true indeed. We sort of designed stations and stuff around that limitation but yes, it's limiting.

8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

tfw just having batteries start at 0% charge and have the cells lose all power could stop the need to fix "exploits"
    (sigh) its that time.
    I've followed this game for a more than a year.
    I can follow it no more...
    I leave feeling crappy that wheels have been left in such an awful state for so long.
    This game taught me patience but after this amount of time it doesn't feel like it going anywhere fast enough.
    I want to be vulgar, insulting and rude but that would be pointless. so. ^^ another empty sad spacesuit for the pile.

9. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

So, we're back at power cells being turned into scrap metal if you grind down a battery & try to weld it back up?

Wasn't there a huge amount of complaints about this a while back, so KSH decided that batteies will simply go to 30% charge when the battery is welded back up, thus meaning all the resources to build the cells aren't wasted?

Can whoever keeps messing up/messing around with batteries just please stop for a second, and use some common sense; if you grind down batteries & weld them back up, the power cells SHOULD NOT GET TRASHED, instead they should simply revert to ZERO % CHARGE. This fixes the exploit issue, AND means that the resources aren't wasted, problems solved, win-win for everyone ( no wasted cells, no free energy ).

You can send my paycheck in the mail, you're welcome.

10. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I duno... I preferred the way a mod I have does it. Grind the battery and get a new component that is the battery cells but dead and they have to be recycled at assembler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

That sounds like getting back the components ( as dead cells ) & having to reassemble them into functional cells via an assembler- either way, the components aren't trashed ( lost ), which is better than the new/present situation...

12. Phoenix84 Junior Engineer

Wow, I just noticed this. That's my screenshot. Nice.

13. Koldfyre Trainee Engineer

I'd like to start this off by saying that I've been playing Space Engineers since December 2014, and still it is by far my favourite game on Steam. Great job Keen! Keep up the solid work! I only just today created an account for the forum, as I've never really felt there was anything particularly worth complaining about until now. After about two months of monitoring these forums for any info about the broken fighter cockpit, and an ETA for when the position of the character in the cockpit will be fixed, I'm left wondering if Keen is even aware that it's broken? Any info? Thanks guys.

14. Bumber Senior Engineer

It's always been that way ever since they first changed it. Only mods have reverted that behavior.

What they fixed sounds like an issue where you could reset the charge without grinding down all the way to the batteries.

What they need to do, IMO, is not treat batteries as building components.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Agreed. This seems the most reasonable approach. You can't grind down and rebuild a reactor to get uranium.

But, that would mean batteries would treat power cells like reactors treat ore and hydrogen engines treat hydrogen. Power cells give batteries the ability to provide power, but they still have to be charged. That's two steps where the other things only need one. The question is can you have a power source that needs to be inserted and then charged before it will work, and not blow up the game in the process.

I hope the answer is yes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bumber Senior Engineer

Oxygen generators can "charge" H2 bottles, and know when to stop doing so. Batteries just need to do something similar, yet also be able to deplete them as needed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Dan2D3D Moderator

Guys!

I've deleted 2 posts and next time I will give warning points.

Be kind and respect other members opinions.

18. ViroMan Senior Engineer

ohh people aggressively telling each other that they are wrong about something? Here, have some more yelling...

[​IMG]

19. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

They should hold off on it.... my prediction is that it's going to be a cosmetic update - graphics - not content or mechanics. Some of us have owned the game since it was released a little over 3 years ago. There are still bugs that originate from back then that have yet to be addressed properly.

People misinterpret my intentions when I post a none positive on here. I do love this game - I have over 5600 hrs into it since I purchased it. But after waiting YEARS for fixes that would allow building more without the game exploding would be nice. It's an expression of frustration, especially when I see newer games that are very similar (scrap mechanic, planet nomads) and so very much younger able to handle the very same issues that SE has yet to solve, such as wheels, rotors, pistons, and interaction between grids. The two mentioned similar games even have electrical systems - you don't have electricity just because you are connected to the building or ship... and one of them has active water (meaning you can swim, dive, you need oxygen to stay under water longer - floating blocks float... the rest will actually sink and can be retrieved...) as well as interactive wildlife and flora - some of which are dangerous and some which are not...

I have no intention of demeaning Keen or the game - I do love it, and I have rated it and recommended it to many people, still do, and left a positive review on the store page. I am just one of those who has been around for a LONG time now, hearing the same problems being reported, hearing the same "we are working on it" response, and yet seeing very little improvement on said specific issues. I very much hope that this game becomes all that it has been promised to be when completed... but until then, I do have a right to express my frustration, whether anyone agrees with how I do it or not.

Thank you to Keen for the game. It has been the best investment in entertainment I have made on Steam to date, but my complaint/expression still stands... please deal with the larger issues once and for all before tossing out other hooks lined with the bait of "oooh's and aaaahh's".

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.