Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.6 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. kristakis Junior Engineer

Take a well-earned break guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

206mods (2.7GB packed) - ~8-10min

3. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Enjoy the break Keen, you've earned it! :)

Telling people to wait for optimizations is like telling them to wait for 1995. It's been and gone.

We're still waiting on pistons and rotors to be fixed in multiplayer. Try moving a ship more than 500 meters in MP without pistons and rotors flying around like crazy. That alone creates some insane FPS and UPS lag, super computer or not.

Every time something spawns in, the game lags. Every time someone join a server, the server lags, every time someone crashes a ship, the server lags. To get virtually zero lag on a sever you must be from the future or barely doing anything to begin with. They crash often and disconnections are handled horribly. Any crash or connection issue causes you to lose your entire inventory.

Very few actually blame the devs for SE's shortcomings and are aware they're doing everything they can with the manpower they have. People are just voicing their concerns about issues that after 3+ years still prevail in the game. If nobody brings up those issues, they rarely get fixed. That is generally how game development goes, and the entire point in Early Access/Alpha/Beta.

Don't blame players for bringing up shortcomings in a game they just want fixed so they can enjoy it as intended.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. invisiblealex Trainee Engineer

I've never done that before) but it is excellent idea, thanks))

5. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

@Cetric that is exactly what I meant, even with a large number of mods, I haven't had it take an hour to load. I did join someone for some MP one time may have had close to 200 mods, that took 20 minutes to load in, but I think it was more of MP issues than anything else.

6. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

You know, the irony of your complaint is that most updates for most software (including games) are mostly bugfixes. Updates aren't exclusively feature inclusions. The fact that you're calling an update not an update proves you don't know the first thing about what you're talking about. And the fact that they ARE actively updating the game, and fixing bugs that crop up is proof that Keen ARE spending time on the software that people are paying for. You might want to...you know, maybe, and this is just some half-crazy idea I'm spittin' out here, mind, THINK about what you're complaining about before you go spouting off about something you think the devs aren't doing when they are, in fact, doing just that. Kids these days, I tell you what...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well, that's just it. Most people like me are not blaming players for bringing up shortcomings. We're just astounded that they would come here and demand that Keen "just fix it", as if the staff knows what to do and they just aren't doing it. "just fixing it" has been their number one priority for over three years. It's called "development". "Just fixing it" is the only thing they're doing. Even introducing a new block or feature can be considered "just fixing it" because every block and feature becomes an integral part of the game.

All of the things that we find annoying or frustrating annoy and frustrate the staff as well. They are constantly expanding their staff, looking for new employees with fresh ideas and approaches in order to determine the root causes of the most tenacious bugs, while at the same time expanding the capabilities far beyond the original goal.

You might think Keen has made a lot of money over the years having sold, what, millions of copies? But if you are Marek Rosa (founder) you might be wondering how much money you would have if every copy of SE had sold for full price. They can't sell the game at full price unless they fix it, so why in the name of heaven wouldn't they be trying as hard as they possibly can to fix it? Just to piss you off? Do you honestly believe your desire to see the game fixed exceeds Keens? Your desire to see the game fixed results in a game you might enjoy. Their desire to see the game fixed results in millions of.. I wanted to say dollars but I honestly don't know what they use in the Czech Republic. Euros? Anyway, millions of them. Can you understand now how asking Keen to "just fix it" is the same as asking any person to "just breathe"? They already know they have to do it or they will die, but thanks for the "advice".

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I'm not sure where any of that is coming from. Nobody has mentioned Keen's income here. Nor I or many others here are pissed about anything Keen has done. Quite the opposite. However the person I was replying to was ripping into a bunch of people simply for mentioning they have lag issues. If people can't air the issues around here without people basically telling them to "wait or go home" how will any of the issues get fixed?

Sometimes Keen are unaware of problems with the game until people start talking about them, as not all of them make it to Bug Reports. So talking people down simply for stating a problem will not help anyone. Sure, not everyone gets the tone right, but at least they get the problem out there.

It may be worth reading more than just the last line of the post you're quoting next time. ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  9. sergeygta4pony Trainee Engineer

Rework system-built buildings and ships , very uncomfortable and confusing interface to place blocks in space . In empyrion galactic survival . In this respect, has gone many steps further away from you . So try somehow to pay attention to this problem . What's more , your whole game is built that would keep a player in the game as long as possible . It interested him in the construction of buildings and space ships and bases . Thank you for understanding .

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.