Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.9 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Just popped in to say thanks for the update, guys :) Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Tau Trainee Engineer

Yeah, its a real shame ;(

Whats happening?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

What's happening? ..... usual forum stuff where people opinions differ. Fortunately, Godwin's Law was not invoked.

There are some real issues being raised, such as the lack of replies in the bug reporting sections, which frankly doesn't inspire confidence. The Beta phase should see a focus on bug fixing, but surely asking people to post reports should then se them acknowledged at the very least...not appear to be ignored

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

i wonder if there is going to be a new limited edition engineer skin available in the shop for Valentines/Easter? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Agree completely. I also think communication has fallen off a cliff since around the time the update videos were stopped. Perhaps I'm deaf and blind but I haven't heard about anything that new or improved coming to the game anytime soon. Over the past few months I've seen quite a few of the same fixes popping up in several minor updates, which begs the question of how much is actually getting fixed?

We know there's a 'major' update coming, but no idea what's in it. If Keen's intention is to keep hype levels down, keeping everything secret can work against that if people build up expectations on what 'might' be in the update as opposed to what is confirmed to be coming, which so far, is nothing at all because nothing has been confirmed. At least not somewhere where the majority of the player-base can find it anyway.

I love that they update the game every week, but at this point I think the tight schedule is working against the game and forcing updates for the sake of updates, as opposed to when they actually have something worthy of an update.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dan2D3D Moderator

@FlakMagnet , the bug report section is there to report bugs found in game and all must follow the Devs Guide to know how to do a good bug report.

Also the Bug report section is not for questions and answers but to participate by reporting in game bugs for a fix.

If you have not followed the bug report guide = your report may not help at all. ;)

EDIT

The Bug Report Guide is on top of the forum where it says; ''Hello (username), welcome to the bug report ...''

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

@Dan2D3D ...I know you mean well...but I KNOW how to make a bug report. I also know what the bug report section is. Sadly...when ytou LOOK at the bug report section, the vast majority of bugs get no acknowledgement from the testers, when previously Red was regularly letting people know their reports had been looked at. Also updating whether they had been repeatable and whether they were confirmed. Zhilla does a bit.,... but responses to bug reporting have diminished a lot. Consequently, I have stopped testing/reporting bugs because of the lack of response.

8. Dan2D3D Moderator

I can tell you that they are very busy at finding good solutions and fixing bugs ;)

A lot are already known bugs and they are working on something to fix or enhance, we have to be patient.

Keep this in mind :
    ''Developers take feedback from all kinds of sources into account, even though they may not have the time to respond to every post or question.''

• Like Like x 1
  9. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

@ All the Moaners

I hope this helps

10. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

rip F5 Squadron. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scya Apprentice Engineer

12. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

HEY your picture, it was the first JAMES KIRK before William Shatner right?

13. Brian Yilmaz Trainee Engineer

Well I wasn't thinking about "video streaming" in particular more on "transmitting data to other players" like a p2p sort of thing as I have read something like this.
    So your information is indeed very helpful and I understand better, that this "streaming" could be worth a bit BUT why isn't it just displaying it the same way as it is with the "performance issue" ? Just in the top right corner as an information.. and not as a big rotating thing in the MIDDLE of the screen ( well its on the bottom but still its annoying )

14. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

No its Pike !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Cetric Junior Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Sarekh Junior Engineer

And before that there was Robert April. But noone talks about Robert anymore...

17. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Right Pike was first, then Kirk replaced him.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.