Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.91 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I wouldn't know, i'm a dirty Twitter-user. Presumably i was too old for Facebook.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FoolishOwl Apprentice Engineer

Twitter's practically a second home to me, but I didn't see Keen's tweets about an update there, until I went searching for it.

This really does reinforce the point that Keen's got too many official channels, and doesn't keep up with all of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dantheotherone Trainee Engineer

A thought just crossed my mind. Maybe this is the update to the game.

They have changed the update format in the past, so, is a treasure hunt now part of the game to find out what each update contains and when it will be dropped?

I can see it now. Some people are scouring Facebook for anything that may enlighten us on the update, others are looking at Twitter with a magnifying glass, while others are on Keen's discord begging for tidbits.

More are checking Marek's dev blog for something to raise the mysterious blanket of fog that envelopes the update information.

Would this be a mode added to Creative and Survival and maybe called Hide and Seek?

Of course, then you have people who like surprises and accept the update (whatever it may bring) like the results you get when you drop a coin in and pull the handle on a slot-machine.

All of this is just kidding around of course, I'm sure they have their reasons for no notification on their forum page of the upcoming stream and what it contains.

[I don't take what I say seriously, so why should anyone else?] :)

4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Pfft what a silly idea, that will never catch on :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Except for the delivery of planets, I've found just about every "big" update to be underwhelming.

We fixed the physics... not really.
    We fixed rotors and pistons... not really.
    We fixed wheels... now they bounce more realistically when they arbitrarily fly off your vehicles.
    We have new textures... half of which were just ugly and over-detailed. (See the first iteration of spotlights... bleh...)

Maybe they do have something impressive up their sleeves... but based on the track record... meh...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Thanks for the information..

7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Yeah, so... that anouncement says nothing about no update this week, is this one simply late or a case of leaving out some interesting information?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

The next update has been hinted at as being the long-awaited "Survival Update". If I recall correctly it's about two weeks overdue as I believe they were going to roll it out back then but decided it needed a bit more work.

Did Xoc stream at all this week? I don't believe so and I believe it has to do with this update that they really want to get out by the weekend. The last time Keen was this cagey we got planets.

Or, they've packed up all their stuff, sneaked out, and now they're all in Fiji spending our money.

Well played, Keen. Well played.

9. druppi Apprentice Engineer

can confirm Marek & Xocliw are lying her right next to me on the beach throwing bundles of money on the hookers

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. KingDank Trainee Engineer

Large Grid Large Hydrogen Thrusters that have Lense Flare and Camera Shake effect on players close in proximity.

11. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

I have an e-mail that says Xoc had a stream on Monday the 29th, but it doesn't appear to have been SE related, something about Mass Effect play through. I haven't been able to watch any streams for a while now, so I can not confirm there was nothing SE related. LOL, just what the email said.
    --- Automerge ---
    @KingDank that says it has almost 2 million views...doubt that is anything recent, but who knows could be part of the update..don't want to get the Hype Train rolling

12. KingDank Trainee Engineer

never said it was SE but it could be... fyi its black mesa

13. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

Is what i mean though with Keen it could be something like that. . . which they hold out making it a big deal then is an effect.. :woot:

14. K Man Trainee Engineer

Fun times.

15. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Marek was throwing bundles of money. Xocliw was in caprice pants and sunblock ferrying drinks from the clubhouse.

16. jaunetajabe Apprentice Engineer

All Keen software house team has been seen boarding a plane to Maldives for one month holidays, they have solved enough bugs that they have created and is time to enjoy money!

In the return Xocliw will announce SE2, a new alpha with weekly update!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. ViroMan Senior Engineer

So they can hear people complain live about it crashing the clients or causing other major bugs? um... ok.

Also... what gives with not posting some major info like that here? I refuse to use twat'r and crapbook and I am sure a few others do the same so we are out on that information.

18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Ohhhh~

[​IMG]

I don't know why but I have Marek's voice stuck in my head saying "Do You Know Da Way"....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

"Next few days" seems reasonable, especially if they are still tweaking and bug hunting. Happy to wait a while if it means a relatively smooth major update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It's a TRAP! Keen never says "next few days." It's always "Soon."

I'm telling you, that Twitch stream will be coming from some place warm and sunny and tropical.

and no extradition treaties.

and GoodAI planned the whole thing...

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  22. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Meh. For some reason I can't view twitch videos, something with the format.

23. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

The entire wording sounds like simply the next regular update on Thursday is going to be the Major. Something went wrong here with the communication. More than usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BlackScythe Apprentice Engineer

"We will be streaming our next major update on twitch with Marek and Space Engineers team! Tune in this Friday February 2 at 7pm CEST: "

Maybe post this Info also in this forum?
    There are some weirdos like me out there who have no twitter or facebook...

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

More to the point is there a SINGLE reason why that kind of announcement isn't on here? I mean i'm not a community manager but you'd think there's a post-it-note on his or her monitor with a checklist going "Official Forums, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Imgur, Crow Network, Smoke Signals, in that order" of where to post new information. Instead it's more like a puzzle.

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. mehdi178 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  27. Cetric Junior Engineer

I think it is some sweet revenge towards the notorious naysayers, naggers and defaitists here. I like that teasing 'em.
    --
    And for sure the update will be of the sort which knocks everyone out of their pants. ;)

28. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

or it is teasing the notorious fanboys, white knights and flag wavers by announcing they have got as far as they can with the current game engine so are binning it and taking lessons learned into Space Engineers 2: The Klangening. :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  29. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

@ViroMan I think that is why they are doing it live, hopefully to sell everyone on the "bells and whistles" hoping people wont complain because Xoc will be charming the socks off of everyone...something like that anyway.
    I just have a gut feeling they are expecting push back on it though and that is why they are doing it live.

30. druppi Apprentice Engineer

you mean SE online ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.