Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.91 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

I thought that was Xoc's job, to engage with the community etc?

2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I thought so too but i hear he's doing other stuff too. I'm not SUPER sure that's still his main job. I should ask about that. Maybe they should simply hire him an aid or something.

3. Nomad For Life Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. FoolishOwl Apprentice Engineer

I also checked the official subreddit, and they'd posted a link to one of the earlier tweets from Marek Rosa showing off a screenshot, but not the big announcement. They're just plain inconsistent.

5. Cetric Junior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nomad For Life Trainee Engineer

Well we are about an hour away from the big reveal right? :)

7. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Responsibilities:
    Monitor and respond to the game community (cuz there doesn't seem to be any here)

Required skills & experience:
    Excellent planning (cuz there doesn't seem to be any here)
    Common sense (cuz there doesn't seem to be any here)
    Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (Is there an echo in here?)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

"Major Overhaul of Visuals, Audio, and Wheels" is the title of the update, it appears....

9. PLJ Trainee Engineer

Yeah, cuz the shine is blinding ...

10. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Erm, you know gyros in real spacecrat are only used for minor adjustments, and attitude corections, dont you? RCS (thrusters) are used for any actual maneuvring and rotating (except small satelites where gyro is sufficient). Unlike RCS, gyros have many issues like SATURATION, ANTI PARALEL ALINGEMENT, GIMBAL LOCK. Also MASS of the GYRO plays a significant role. You know there is a limit on how fast can a gyro wheel spin, and how much acceleration it can have, so to create proper torque you have to have a wheel with enough mass. you cant spin big ship with small gyro. So yes SE gyros are pure magic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Cetric Junior Engineer

Who says a big ship spins with a small gyro in SE? Seems you haven't tried and this what you are saying is hypothetical. For a big ship you need many gyros. Or the large ones from mods.
    No magic here, pure or dirty...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Not used IRL = Still magic

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

By this definition, an awful lot of blocks in SE are "magic" to some extent. If you're so afraid gyros are going to steal your soul, I suggest Medieval Engineers instead.

14. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Didn't someone create a gyro drive using rotors and gyroscopes alone?

15. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Already Playing ME (i wouldnt buy another game from KSwH. But wife saw a video on youtube and liked the game instantly, bought it for herself for me and for my brother.) I like the castel building, farming, and mining, hate the lack of ambient life and proper AI, but overall like the game more then SE.

Iam not afraid of gyros stealing my soul, as souls do not exist, i am pised off that i cant test my desing ideas in the game because the game lacks the needed mechanics.

16. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Of course you can. Game have realistic thrust vector forces implemented just not activated by design. Just use simple mod "realistic thrusters" that enables that feature or change it by yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Bumber Senior Engineer

"Originally the game adds thruster force at center of mass, this mod changes that force to be applied at the individual thruster's positions instead."
    That's not what I'd call implemented. Especially because:
    Keen hasn't properly implemented the feature yet. The mod is a workaround.

18. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

They have pills for that you can keep them locked up in the dark indefinitely

19. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Get them hooked on a drug and be there source and they will do anything for the next "hit".

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.