Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.186.1 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

Any word on saving light offsets to blueprint and game save? They always reset. Good job with the rest, by the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thund3r Trainee Engineer

+1 too, would be a nice option.
    But for that, devs have to adjust the ore detector to also catch ice. It's painful to play on planets when you land far from ice, cannot see the underground ice deposits and have to travel 50KM to get some.

Please also spare some love for multiplayer survival!
    Space is not fun if you are alone @1.0 simspeed
    Space is not fun with 20 players @0.2 simspeed
    We want to play this incredible game with friends and with good speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TastyAutopsy Trainee Engineer

When are we going to see better Multiplayer performance? It's currently just a SP game :/

4. stfalx Trainee Engineer

P.s.: Just experienced clipping through the ground. An unknown signal container thing landed near a lake and a cliff, it fell down under the ice basically, and i was like : "what?" so i got close, and i started clipping through the ground. Then i was like: "lol". So anyway started grinding the thing down, didn't get anything good, so i start my jetpack and try to take off, and bang! I hit the ground i previously clipped through! And i was like: "damn it!". <- Professional Error Reporting right here.

5. Zilla Trainee Engineer

You have other issues. Games are supposed to use 95-100% of your GPU. If they dont, either your CPU is bottlenecking, the game isnt well optimized, or you're playing at too low of a resolution. 100% GPU will not cause stutter, that's common for for high CPU usage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. UncleCletus Trainee Engineer

I have seen that "boot emissivity fixed" on so many updates haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

That's definitely a lot better than it used to look, thank you! Though I still think a world option to turn them off wouldn't hurt ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Fercko Trainee Engineer

Good New`s since the update today i noticed a GPU and RAM usage decline. Constant 60FPS and 70-98% GPU usage. OK it`s in space and only for exterior view but yesterday it was 98-100% with 40-55FPS. Oh and i managed to bump my model detail from Medium to High so it`s definitely an improvement.
    My GPU is a RX 460 4GB. So it`s not a power horse. Backed by a i7 7700.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapons on and firring + Projection on and Nano repairs ongoing. So it`s a lot better :).
    PP it`s still off because the bright light`s and the constant smudge on the screen with or without the helmet. The same smudge is present in exterior camera...so it`s quite annoying.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

While y'all are improving wheel API, can you add back in Steer Speed and wheel Damping?

Damping is one of the most important quantities that influences a vehicle's off-road handling dynamics.

Additionally, the re-inclusion of steering speed would be much appreciated since right now, the wheels turn much too fast for my vehicles.

Edit: Also... customization of post-processing when?

Edit2:
    Lol literally nothing in the wheel's scripting API has changed as of 1.186.100...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

For some reason when I click on your attachment I get this error:

11. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

You could try a mod, I have not tried this one yet it was the first one I found with a google search.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1085851956&searchtext=

12. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

Optimised textures=less vRAM usage? Because now I can have the textures on high again since my GTX 970 isn't using all 4GB and then spilling into RAM.

Edit: Just checked the RAM usage, and it is definitely a lot better- I'd be playing SE just fine with 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB (this is with Firefox open for Youtube 720 60fps).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. UncleCletus Trainee Engineer

I'm slightly confused with your turning speed request, can't you just turn slower or change how you drive, like slower so you don't flip? Or is it something else that i'm not understanding?

14. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

I'm hoping this means I can play Space Engineers again for more than five minutes before my CPU hits the literal boiling point.
    Seriously, it was pushing 90°C before I shut it off.

When you press a key, the wheels turn the maximum amount at the speed set in 'Steering Speed'. Ideally, you'd use some pressure-based thing, or one of those racing wheels, but here we are with analogue keys.

15. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Can anyone elaborate on this?
    This would be the finale part of the puzzle for one of my projects, but i'm not sure of how to access the feature :/

16. Thrak Junior Engineer

Exactly. Marek needs to forget about fuzzy lighting, dirty helmets, and AI... he needs to start marketing the Space Engineers Pressure-Sensitive Custom Control Yoke™.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Xiga Trainee Engineer

Yeah! a custom control yoke would be super cool!!
    or just, I dunno, add proper joystick support?

18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what mod wasted was using in the recent stream that had ai bots coming in and attacking them?

Wasn't sure where to ask but thought maybe someone here might know.

19. Xiga Trainee Engineer

Uh, keyboard keys are digital, not analog, the lack of analog input is actually the problem here is it not? space engineers lacks any kind of handling for analog input. which is why joysticks still suck in it.:\

20. Thrak Junior Engineer

I am behind on my W4sted vids, but he has been using @Meridius_IX utterly awesome "The Corruption" mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914369510

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Fragwits Trainee Engineer

Fix the ore detector please , that flickering is irritating , plus when i turn it off the ores still show up!
    And a mention a few weeks ago that you need to adjust the ore scanning depth would have been handy..(i figured it out fast , but some people didn't..)

22. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Just wanted to mention that I'm really impressed with the Help Screen now.

Kinda seems like they want to move suggestions for new stuff to the Steam forums.

23. Witt78 Trainee Engineer

We need random floating objects to suddenly accelerate to max speed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Onyx 2 Trainee Engineer

I like to use Remote Controls as a docking control. This way I can redirect my ASDWQE to orient in the direction of my connectors. Here is the problem, whenever I switch to the RC block it goes immediately into Auto Pilot mode and Ihave no control. Auto Pilot is not selected, no control station is listed as Main Cockpit, it just locks out my control. Interesting point the RC block does work when I am not in the vessel.

25. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I am getting consistent crashes when exiting the game... this is a fresh installation of windows + updates.. I was getting these crashes on my previous installation of windows too.... it doesn't stop me from playing the game but it is a bit sillythat it's happening.

[​IMG]

--

@Thrak Thanks.

26. Lylac_SYS Trainee Engineer

How about adding Multiple Grid Support for survival projector blocks?

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Byzod Trainee Engineer

• fixed crash caused by memory leak on planets

OK now this game is playable...if the bug is really fixed. I'll tested it out today

Cheers!

The RAM still increase to ~16GB in 10 minutes when fly along the surface of planet
    But the game can now release the RAM correctly now, no longer crashed by it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  28. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Folders for blueprints? How do you mean? I just don't think I'm fully understanding. Then again, it is 05:30 where I am, at the moment lol

29. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

I think he means a hierarchical tree structure like is being done with files in operating systems.
    +1

30. nyxkordel Trainee Engineer

Seems to me that HIGH texture quality covers the ore spots.
    x

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.