Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.186.2 - Scripting/Modding API for Wheels, Rotors

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Brian Yilmaz Trainee Engineer

Is it only me or is Keen unable to post pictures that can be viewed?
    When I click on the picture in the update post to view it in large I get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I can't stop shaking my head :?

And you tell us to keep creating bug reports? How would it be to ANSWER some of them? Just acknowledge them... just post a small "we're looking into this" or "we have filed an internal ticket for this" ... no... nothing.
    No posts in the updates, not a single one on 10 pages of posts.
    No answers to bug reports... you guys are really taking it to another level...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. midspace Senior Engineer

While SEToolbox has allowed color editing for years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Personally, I don"t care if they answer me. I prefer they fix the bug.

Plus... if the response is anything other than, "we acknowledge this bug and it was fixed permanently fifteen minutes ago" they just leave themselves wide open for "follow-up" reports containing some interesting... if not sometimes physically impossible... suggestions.

Sure, YOU wouldn't do that, but what about everyone else?

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Brian Yilmaz Trainee Engineer

Oh I prefer that too, but its not the case is it? I guess from 100 bug reports 5 bugs get fixed... the others are just forgotten about. Its like report lottery... sometimes you get lucky and your bug gets chosen to be fixed - but even then you won't get any answer.

I know what you mean but its just bad communication. PERIOD.
    I would understand it if there were 100 bug reports and thousands of posts a day - but there arent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. UncleCletus Trainee Engineer

-sarcasm- Hey, nice to see my favorite fix here! Engineer boot emissivity has been fixed again! -/sarcasm- for real though, so many of the updates have involved a fix relating to the engineers boot emissivity. I am seeing a consistency of often times a lot of the same bugs being fixed over and over again

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Late Late x 1
  6. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Small grid being able to be placed into voxel was a bug? I honestly thought that was a legit feature, like making small stations and platforms...

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

> this can be done over an mod ...... (as always ...)

8. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Not in the same way. Unless you changed it, SE toolbox:
    1. Requires a world file with your ship in it
    2. Converts RGB to HSV using the regular ColorToHSVDX11 method which produces colors that aren't represented correctly within the game.

I made this app to work with the wonky new color system that Keen introduced last major such that the color preview very closely represents the appearance of colors in-game. Also this is aimed at blueprints, not worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

I'm thinking maybe the world hole issues from deformed armor? Not sure, 'cause I haven't loaded up the updated game yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for letting me know this (rather than some pillock just clicking late).

I tried it out and for illustration:

Low graphics settings: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302553123

Medium graphics settings: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302553155

High graphics settings: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302553204

So well done Keen, you have implemented all these nice shiny graphics settings and then gave users a reason to not actually use them.

Just when you think Keen might be getting the hang of things and working to a program and even have a clue where they are going ... they again go and prove they don't. Your community engagement guy wasn't even aware that this was being changed during the large patch, a removal you can put down to a bug or error, but to actually change how it is displayed in such a major way must be deliberate.

How could what we now have be a sufficient replacement, without a better system to locate the ore patches? Yet again you show that you QA checking before rolling out any changes is a total joke.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. sadpickle Trainee Engineer

No welder fixes? What an absolute surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

13. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Invisible voxel. Nice one. *facepalm*

[​IMG]

--- Automerge ---
    If you had to cherry pick which bug you will fix, you would pick the ones you know how to fix. Meanwhile the other... well, you get invisible voxels like my world. Hmmm, let's see, which bug is more important. boots for sure. voxel??? , hmmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

So glad that the 'bug' of being able to stably build small grids on planets or asteroids was 'fixed'
    Also, not only has the bug where you can't control a separate subgrid with a remote block not been fixed, we get a neat new little message saying "You're not allowed" did they really think this one through, ever consider player made turrets exist?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

Still no folders for blueprints :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fragwits Trainee Engineer

ctrl-shift middle mouse button , when you have a buildable block selected , that will paint a whole grid..been ingame for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Luziferius Trainee Engineer

• fixed missing dark areas indicating ore
    sorry, but I can still not find any dark places
    Version 1.186.201

• Late Late x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. odizzido Junior Engineer

I am finding wheels to be quite good personally.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Zac Lee Trainee Engineer

When will visual downgrade be rolled back? would like to try building wheeled craft.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

That's really interesting. I have just tested it on steam released version, and the limits work... (Easy start space, place cockpit on platform, control the turret... it also worked with missile and interior one.) Please make sure, that you are playing with updated game and that you are not playing on older version of game.

If described scenario works for you and the one you have been testing before still does not, then create a report instead of instant dismissing. Your feedback basically has no value if you just say "it does not work" and it is waste of time reading it. If you describe specific case, then it can be fixed.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  21. conKORD Trainee Engineer

Copy from https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...next-non-wheel-block.7399613/#post-1287087574
    Sorry for spamming here, but I need to highlight it because wheel overhaul didn't fixed wheel blocks and I'm not sure if Keen read my bug report.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Well, I am not QA or guy meant to gather feedback from forum (is there any official term for it? :D ), but I think that answering every report would take some of their time (unless you want generic answer (which you probably could place in there by yourself to save us some time :D ) ) and I can think of better ways of spending time.

Aside from that, I would rather suggest you to come to discord and use Rexbot to create a report, not only it saves time but it can't be overlooked.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Immoteous Trainee Engineer

hm...not sure if this happens to anyone yet, but I have weird sound when using hand drill in an enclosed space (kinda like static-y sound getting broke). Tried on both realistic and arcade sound mode as well as default no-mod scenarios, problem still exist. Also, right click on hand drill spew out rocks (is this intentional?).

24. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

rotors are not allowed on our server :woot:

25. Arcturus Senior Engineer

For context, look at the ME bug report forum here: https://forums.keenswh.com/forums/bug-reports.415209/
    The tester @I23I7 , who used to do SE bug testing until a few months ago, does an excellent job of responding to bug reports. When he left the SE bug testing forum for ME, there was suddenly fewer responses to SE bugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Brian Yilmaz Trainee Engineer

Sure one could place that by himself but its some sort of psychological thing that keeps up motivation. People like to get heard and they don't feel like it if there is no answer at all. Sure if someome answers all reports with "thank you, we are looking into this" and it never gets fixed then people will get annoyed again. But its just a nice form of communication that can raise motivation on players and testers.
    It's the same with emails or contact forms. If you submit a form and get no answer you don't feel good. You don't know if the form got sent correctly, if someome really reads it. But even if an automatic answers is replied to your emaila address you instantly feel better and "know" that your request or message has been delivered and is probably getting looked into.

Nonetheless, if its easier / better for you when I report in discord via rexbot than here in forums - I will do that.

Seems he left a hole there mh?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Cetric Junior Engineer

Can't imagine the post was left abandoned. Someone else is doing that now for sure. And two guys immediately come across my mind who seem to see after this task. Andrej and the one with a puzzled cat as avatar.

28. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

We got person for this, but he just is not that talkative as 12317. PS not Ondra, nor Inflex are that guy (he will remain mystery for you ;) )

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I am sorry we are not responding as much as we should (we still read most of threads on our forums). But since the last patch we were focusing mainly on the worst bugs as game crashes, blockers, etc., and you guys are reporting bugs much faster than we are able to fix them. :) So unfortunately we didn't have much of a time to be active on our forums as we would like to but since the main problems, we know about, are mostly fixed we will have more time on your reports.

So please send us all bugs you find, it will probably take some time to get through it but we will look at every single of them eventually.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  30. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Aaaaaand mystery is gone... :/

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.