Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.186.3 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

I agree this need to Fixxed ASP

2. PLJ Trainee Engineer

..maybe re-read what early-access means.. that is what you signed up for :/

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

Guys... guys you're doing it wrong :/

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Blackbomber200 Trainee Engineer

TILTING? FIX IT? WHEN?

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Wait! NOT so fast. You're gonna spin their heads. That's not nice.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Avengerr Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the fixes, hopefully they help some people.

For me - or rather, a friend - the game is basically unplayable for him in MP because when he tries to place blocks, they're invisible to him. Seems to happen after trying to build inside a voxel. Since he can't play with me on our long-played save, I don't really want to play either :(

Would really love to see a fix for this one ASAP. No amount of relogging/reloading helps anymore - it crops up within minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HarbingerDawn Trainee Engineer

Seconded; character tilting bug is still a major annoyance. Thanks for addressing the welder though Keen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

What's with all the single-digit worth of post amount newcomers?

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. druppi Apprentice Engineer

what are you talking about .... we want / need 8000%

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Please provide link where developer acknowledged list and actually said they weren't going to do anything. That would be ignoring. Anything other than that is just conjecture.

Just sayin.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

you'll get there eventually.
    [​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---

You'll get used to space engineers eventually. ^^
    don't let it consume you or you will become the perfect Sith. or get so annoyed you find another game
    I thought they'd get around to fixing wheels.
    but please do tell what 4 year old bugs are in the game?
    oldest bug i've ever come across that has been long since fixed was landing gears causing ships to float off and just in general exploding when approached after mining near them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

He's like a negative nancy.
    If you just ignore him, he will go away :tu:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

So it's a good idea to ignore friendly advice? Sometimes bug reports have to get bumped or reposted with new info. Maybe he's referring to bugs the devs thought they fixed and didn't realize they were still open issues.

However, after looking at his linked post, it's more like his own personal gripes rather than bug reports. My advice to @DigitalSone would be to post proper bug reports, not a thread of gripes/suggestions/and bugs together. No dev wants to read through and figure out what is a bug vs suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I can understand being annoyed. It just took me six hours to get the session I was playing just fine yesterday pre-update to load. Luckily for me there are so many ways to save that eventually I can get things back to about where they were :)

I've got over 6000 hours of playing SE with all the known bugs present. They slow me down, but they don't stop me ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

DO NOT SPEAK OF THIS EVIL!

*Flash backs of exploding ships*
    *Hold stomach and dry heaves*

• Funny Funny x 7
  16. Draconspy Trainee Engineer

Its "Early Access" for as long as the developers consider more work needed on the game before it can be considered a fully released game. i mean at least the early access warning is there and if you don't like playing an unfinished game you can go get a fully released game like no mans sky or something... :/

That said the most recent update is a drawback, as the game takes nearly 10 minutes to load for me now and has slow sim when it does. compared to yesterday when everything was less than 2 minutes to load.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. XarenHypr Trainee Engineer

This has been happening to me on a friend's server for a few updates now. Basically what is happening, from the best that I can research, is that placing a block within or overlapping with a voxel (such as when you want to build an asteroid base) has a chance of causing you to desync from the server. It's not a guarantee, but you're rolling the dice with every overlapping block you place, and when it does happen you have to relog. Otherwise any block you place after will be invisible to you (though you can weld/grind them still, and others will be able to see them), as well as having the chance of random pieces of the grid you're working with 'disappearing' from view for you. I don't know of any real 'solution' to this desync issue, other than never placing blocks that overlap voxels, but that's not really a solution either... :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thrak Junior Engineer

Yup, and not just limited to dedicated servers. Happens in locally hosted multiplayer, too. Took my friend and I two weeks to figure out what was going on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Royale98 Trainee Engineer

I think this is why my base is currently outright refusing to seal right now, I have no problem just holding onto my tanks when I go inside but it'd be nice if that was fixed. Old problem though as someone pointed out.

Considering many of the bugs/issues you list are your opinion and may belong to others but do not necessarily pertain to the whole or even perhaps the majority, they're not bugs/issues. They're your personal gripes.
    Literally everyone knows the PP sucks, good thing everyone can turn it off. (Except that one guy... Jim, James, Johnny? eh, you know what I mean, that guys a weirdo, he likes the PP :woot:)
    Interior lights ignore blocks to avoid creating innumerous shadows as I believe a SE or KSH representative said in the past (I believe on an old update page). Just one of my ships had >2000 interior lights on it, I removed like 1500 though cause I couldn't turn them on without massive light-flickering issues. But I wouldn't want even those 500 int. lights to be trying to calculate shadows throughout the ship and world because it would be an insanely large compute, and for most people, shadow count like that would make the game likely unplayable. Shadows are one of the hardest things to make good in any game and the more and better they are, the clients computer has to run much harder.

"whether or not you agree is entirely immaterial" Same goes to you. They affect YOUR enjoyment of the game, clearly not affecting others. And if anything in your list were SO detrimental to the game, the devs would make it a priority and we'll be seeing a fix likely soon. Otherwise, we'll have to wait.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

That's not a clear indication of anything. You didn't provide the link, and I submit that the issue, whatever it is, has little to do with their current main objective, and if I'm wrong about that it just means the solution is not as simple as you claim without providing proof.

Resorting to name-calling always indicates an attempt to draw attention away from a weak argument. If your case was solid you would have no need to go that far. It serves no other purpose.

You can't use words like ignore without providing hard evidence as opposed to hard feelings.

No one is arguing that some issues have not been addressed (ok, many issues). I simply argue that their persistence doesn't really matter given that they are undeniably still working on the game, hence the fixes are still likely if they're possible. No amount of ranting will alter the pace.

In the meantime I urge everyone to continue to play. I endure many a crash but my projects continue to move forward. Mods get pulled so I switch mods, cause there's plenty. I rejoice when mods resurface, and there's more where those came from. I play on a Dell 990 workstation not meant for gaming and I play for hours every day. I also sit through a lot of load screens. Takes my sessions at least ten minutes to load, and then that's when they usually crash again. Eventually I find just the right combination of backups, blueprints and sometimes hotfixes to pretend nothing happened. That's life with an early access game. It runs 1000 times better than it did when I bought it. That's why I don't complain.

Too much ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

I tried to play vanilla as long as possible but there are some things I can't do vanilla when playing with friends (of course they don't play as long as I do) and they always wonder what happens when their favorite mod breaks. Most of the time they leave and I spend a week or two trying to get them back into it.

The last updates has been especially rough, we had a "Battlestar Galactica" RP that halted mid session because a good number of people could not find the settings to turn off Vaseline-in-the-eyes mode. They left promptly after noticing the scanlines were still there after opening their helmets. :(

It's not the bugs that stop us, it's the lack of communication when it comes to the new additions (and how to turn them off) that has most people running to the hills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SileniusFF Apprentice Engineer

Thruster override values seem to be in newtons now. It used to be percentage of maximum thrust - so 100 was 100% thrust.
    Found out the hard way :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. QuantaCat Trainee Engineer

WHY DONT YOU JUST FINISH THE GAME ALREADY, SHEESH.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  24. Cetric Junior Engineer

Opened this thread, saw a lot of 'dislikes' and disagrees' and instantly knew the rant guy with suicidal tendencies is around again... :words:
    What's new is he is now pushing new players off the game by presenting them lists of "problems that never get fixed", for starters. I call that non-constructive.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. haibusa2005 Trainee Engineer

I have been around for a while and can't help but notice how the dissatisfaction from the game gradually shifted - "My ship randomly exploded!", "Fix the planets!", "Fix rotors and pistons!", "Fix the welder!", "Fix the appearance of blocks!". I believe that the game is progressing towards finishing at a pretty good rate.

• Agree Agree x 10
  26. sioxernic Senior Engineer

That's fucking dumb :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Thrak Junior Engineer

1) Stop using numbers incorrectly and out of context. The average user ship for Space Engineers is typical of games of this type and age. Your observations about the quality of game play and the persistence of some bugs is enough without drawing upon faux statistics. If your point already has punch you don't need to wooden knuckledusters to boot. :woot:

2) The vast majority of players never even read these forums and thus, no one person's comments are going to "drive people away" from the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i guess for everyone happy someones gotta be the yang

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Agreed, the only way forward in anything is progressively walking ahead while looking sideways at the problems in order to fix them.
    Every second you spend on focusing on problem ranting, is wasted.
    "Some people" are doing just that, because they have lots and lots of time apparently, which they spend on degenerative stuff instead of stuff they should be doing because they don't value free time yet.
    That's a choice right there.

Backing actions up when ultimately cornered with "It's just my opinion and i'm entitled to it" can easily be encountered with an equal like "Then it's my opinion that you have no opinion to your opinion".
    And then.... see? we still get nowhere (unless you go with George Carlin's: "then shoot the fuck and walk away":D).

*Not saying this to you Cetric*
    Don't try to control what you can't control.
    If then still being weirdly obsessed with numbers and percentages about reviews, player in/de-creases, sales and whatever the hell otherwise: then still, yes, numbers are in a certain way... so what? So is everything else.
    And they will get better because Keen is going to push through anyway. And when that happens, it will get noticed and work itself out from there on naturally.

Now stop contaminating this forum with the overly active down-spiraling worrying which is your opinion, by start designing an outside-the-box-genius freaking vehicle with that superb brain of yours.
    Make us go "DAAYUUM SON:eek:", and make those worries go away :rocket:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. beastrider Trainee Engineer

Fixes
    • fixed various crashes

bahahahaha,

And now live in our Circus, the Clowns from Keen softwarehouse.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.