Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 1.187.2 - More Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi Bullet_Force,

Thanks for reaching out to Keen.

Although there isn't an official release date for our next big update, I can assure you that the Space Engineers Team is currently working hard to improve the game's Tutorial, Survival, experiment with new features, fix bugs and optimize Multiplayer as much as possible.

Cheers! :)

2. Arh-Tolth Trainee Engineer

Hi, not sure if this is bug or i missed a setting somewhere, but i can't edit or rename any new blueprints in creative mode. I have only the delete option.

3. Dan2D3D Moderator

@Arh-Tolth

Try by disabling the "Cloud" option in > game options

Some members had to do so to fix this weird problem, weird because "Cloud" is enabled on my side and all good.

4. Arh-Tolth Trainee Engineer

Thanks, disabling it (and restarting map/server) helped.

5. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Improved Tutorial CONFIRMED

Complaint storm >> Inbound <<

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Wait 15 minutes to restart it... unless you're not very good at making logical decisions and observations.

7. Cetric Junior Engineer

Stumbled over this picture of yours, Stardriver, and have to ask a question. Those omnidirectional or RCS thrusters, which give here white exhausts to five sides, what mod is this? I searched on workshop and could not find them. Are they only for atmosphere or do they also exist for maneuvering in space? Please, would you give me the workshop link?

8. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well, they're part of the NASA Mod Pack. Next month (November) that mod will be four years old. The link is to the last updated version I am aware of, which happened about three years ago, which was the DX-11 update, I believe. There were issues with the module walls not being airtight, and there were a lot of more popular mods around that year so this one remained off the radar for most people but is one of my favorites.

The motors in question are actually two parts. The individual nozzles can actually be placed anywhere just like any other se thruster. They are, in fact, ion thrusters. They are about half the thrust of a standard small ion thruster, which means they're not great for getting up to top speed quickly but very nice for delicate operations around other structures. They use relatively little power so I leave them on in atmosphere. This ship only has atmospheric thrust for lateral movement. All the downward thrust is hydrogen or ion. All the upward thrust is ion. As with all parts from the modpack, I use them because they make spacecraft look like spacecraft, and they don't look out of place in an otherwise vanilla game. I tend to choose mods based on that criteria.

They are large grid only. I wanted to use them to make a ship of this type, and that is the only reason this ship is large grid. It was intended to be a crew transfer vehicle and therefore didn't really need to be this big. Since I was stuck using large grid blocks I added the extra cargo capacity because there was room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cetric Junior Engineer

Thanks, will check out.
    No wonder I could not find them under terms like 'omnidirectional' if they hide in a NASA mod pack. And I am not surprised they are in there, because this kind of maneuvering thrusters I really remember having seen on spacecraft of the Apollo program.
    Good news they are ion, I am mostly in space.
    Bad news it's only large grid, as I imagined them on my small grid freighter line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well then, you might consider the FM_KerbalEngines Mod. These are all NASA inspired hydrogen rocket motors of varying sizes from very tiny to very large by SE standards. NASA inspired, but "copied" from Kerbal Space Program. I'm not certain, but I believe there is a large and small grid version of each block, or at least some of them. That's where the other engines on my ship came from.

11. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

New Hotfix has been released.

Hotfix 1.187.206
    • added GTX gaming banner to Join Game screen
    • fixed forming of larger than normal physics clusters causing slowdowns
    • fixed lobby for friends not being joinable
    • fixed host of a Lobby game hearing others placing blocks
    • fixed hydrogen bottles not updating on HUD
    • fixed light offset not persisting through reload / reconnect / restart
    • fixed safe zone shapes being drawn incorrectly after reload

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  12. Smokki Trainee Engineer

Oh yeah! Been waiting this for so long! Thank you!

13. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix 1.187.206
    • broke LCD copy/paste/select text and cursor
    • broke Players once again fall through voxel line in areas polluted with loose grid debris
    • broke Turrets continue firing past target rules change

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  14. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

15. Uncheat Trainee Engineer

Can't copy-paste/select on programmable block or text panels.
    The same time copy-pasting ships or terminal block ctrl-a selecting works fine.

Can't test my script :/
    Is there any another way to paste in changed script?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  16. HellArea Trainee Engineer

The 1.187.206 update broke the CTRL key in the game text editor. Yesterday at 1.187.205 all was good. Now in all of the CustomData CustomText, PB code i have no cursor and no CTRL+ operations, also bottom buttons is always focused (Ok, Check Code ....). I tried to check up the game files. 1.186 version in beta-testing works fine. Then i back to 1.187.206, CTRL is still broken. Just aaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  17. Uncheat Trainee Engineer

Went 186.
    Please note if ctrl will be fixed, thx

18. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

19. HellArea Trainee Engineer

Hallelujah

20. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix 1.187.207
    • Memory leak from mining reinstated.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  21. Cetric Junior Engineer

Praise their fast reaction!

22. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix 1.187.208
    • broke chance of explosion when separating a grid that uses merge blocks
    • added sinkholes!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  23. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix 1.187.209
    • broke (reserved)

24. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

I have not seen anyone speak about projectors.
    I'm making a self-repair-projector (projector with blueprint that is it's own grid).
    For as far as i know, the small grid projector, de-activates all of the translation and rotational sliders after bringing the projection close to withing the neighborhood of 100% overlapping it's own grid.

25. Statache Sergiu Trainee Engineer

Hi Devs,
    One small request... please fix pistons!!! they go crazy when attached to a grid that has a rotor to it. I lost many ships because of this. Actually i can use either pistons or rotors, but not togheter!
    Thank you for this unique game you've created!

26. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

You're aware you can save your game and make blueprints of your grids right?
    Also, i haven't encountered any problems with piston-with-rotor constructions.
    Are you referring to the so-called ghost-forces?
    Meaning for example that your grid starts spinning out of control.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  27. Statache Sergiu Trainee Engineer

The grids connected to the piston/rotor start wobling around the place till it smashes into the ground. The strange thing is that i noticed that only on multiplayer/dedicated servers. When i play locally it works normally.

28. Cetric Junior Engineer

29. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Intriguing, at least, agreed. I also note that they're already planning to test a fix of air pressurization.

30. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

That sounds more like a kind of "rubber-banding" it's when internet/network-synchronization doesn't go as smooth for 1 reason or another..... but specifically with rotors and pistons?... hmmm, sounds like some Lord Clangy resurrection:stare::?

I would suggest to go to this site https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general and report it there.
    It's the place that's most listened to by the developers if i'm correct.
    Maybe make a screenshot, maybe multiple, with some explanation of what is going on.