Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important Update 1.187 - Major Overhaul of Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PandaTv Trainee Engineer

[QUOTE = "Petr Beranek, Beitrag: 1287097978, Mitglied: 3979245"] [QUOTE = "PandaTv, Beitrag: 1287097977, member: 3979830"] [MEDIA = youtube] aWjgzy4HO1U [/ MEDIA]

ich liebe den Absturz und ich kann kein Spiel hosten geben Absturz: wütend: [/ QUOTE]

Ja, scheint zu passieren. Danke, QA tickt es jetzt. : D[/ZITAT]

by Host game and aktiv NPC give game crash and NPC attack not player , by airllightness aktive and open door give game crash :( i have delte new update and play better of old version

2. Smokki Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I really hope they are not going for MMO route in the future :?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Cetric Junior Engineer

Please not!
    Since I ventured into a MMO game (Naval Action), my monthly expenses for internet connection catapulted through the roof. I hate this. I want my cozy SP without need of hauling data to and fro all the time.

4. chrisb Senior Engineer

Any answers to the other questions I asked ?

5. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Those are things you can check in game by yourself, aren't they? Now I am in process of fixing the sorting bug (I have already fixed it, but there is different bug slightly related to it in join screen (when you sort by player count, un/check exclusive in advanced menu and return with back ) So I believe you can answer it by checking ingame and it is not necessary for devs to be checking it and answering it for you. )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

We are already working on most critical bugs and crashes reported since yesterday. There will be a hotfix today, followed by minor updates during next weeks.

I would like to encourage anyone who's having any problem to report it (or vote for it) on our new feedback site (https://useresponse.keenswh.com/spaceengineers), as it is supposed to be main source of player reports from now on and votes help us to prioritize these issues.

Have a nice day everybody!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Wow, I never know if those kinds of replies are just "overpolite and structured" but hand written, or just automatic responses. :D Let's see if he reacts. :D

8. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hey,

fixed in new hotfix (1.187.088).

We will release it today.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. PandaTv Trainee Engineer

why fix not the NPC ? and not a mod for keen fix .

is this to hard for keen the NPC fix

10. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

@devs

fps increase in even SP is really large :) thank you guys!

11. Cetric Junior Engineer

Everybody relax. It's the usual disturbances after a major update, part of life!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Malware Master Engineer

@PandaTv They are saying that they have fixed them and that the solution will be released today. This solution should apply to you too, not just the failing mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

20/07/2018
    Hotfix 1.187.088

- crash fix in spiders/wolves
    - crash fixes in multiplayer
    - fixed random DS switching to experimental mode
    - fixed damage system events for mods

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hotfix has been released!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. webbie Trainee Engineer

Is the hotfix going to Dedi as well? Ive tried updating but version is still at 87. @Ondřej Nahálka

16. eMYNOCK Trainee Engineer

my Nitrado just received the hotfix... so.. yes.. its 1187088 now

17. Kobura Trainee Engineer

People still can't connect? "Streaming" with just a sun visible forever until timeout?

18. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Try it once again. I have tested it and everything works properly. :)

19. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

I was being to think Keen had abandoned this project but it seems they might have delivered a surprise. It will be a dream come if multiplayer PVP is actually playable now.

20. radam Senior Engineer

WHy cant we log into that new support page with this account? Why is it even better than this forum?

And I have the exact same problems as before this major update. Not being able to spawn into a medical on a DS with almost new map. On some occasions.

At least I was attacking a pirate vessel more than 10 km off my spawn point. Died, couldnt get back into spawn menu. Tried reconnection, it just endlessly circled the joining message. Going back to the menu, trying to rejoin makes me stuck staring intot he ship from spectator.

Closing the game and going back I got the error ticket already used. Which cleared after going back to the menu. And back into spectator staring.

My ping is 50 from the server list, 90 from ingame. The conection drops to 0 or 1kbps, while I have 10mbps line.

21. Malware Master Engineer

@radam Log in? Probably because 3rd party software. I agree, it's... unoptimal. Why it's better? Because it is closer to an actual tracking system and because it has a voting system, so we can affect priorities. In theory, at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mos Apprentice Engineer

As odd as it may seem, given the huge update, yeah I'd be interested in that as well as it did actually break something in an older blueprint of mine that'd love to accept the "lets drill through an entire planet" challenge.

In other news, Hell yeah, what a surprise guys! Great job! :pbjt:

23. /dev/null Trainee Engineer

Right... yesterday I was hopeful we could simply use IMyInventoryItem.ItemId, but had to learn that refers to individual stacks of items and not to an item type. :/

24. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

I have been testing a few things and it seems they have definitely made major changes to the damage model. Kinetic weapons seem to do a lot less damage then before. I have noticed with heavy armor instead of removing a multiple blocks they now make a smaller hole in the block without the block itself being deleted or coming loose.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  25. mos Apprentice Engineer

don't ask me exactly what the property does but you could try and use xxx.GetDefinitionId().SubtypeName . I could be totally wrong on this one but from what I'm seeing, that looks like the item names I'm looking for.

26. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

A bit of an update to the crashing I reported earlier. Seems that the game is no longer crashing for me when trying to change ownership of items. once in awhile for a brief moment I'll get some bits of stuttering on my modded and unmodded worlds. Major combat still has some lag issues but nothing like before. So far I still like what I see. Will continue to test and report issues as I find them.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  27. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I wish that the character jetpack speed wasn't so fast / twitchy..... still managing to kill myself by flying into close objects because of it, and finding it hard to do small adjustments to my movement to match the speed of drifting objects in space with dampeners turned off.... why was it changed like this it's so annoying.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. /dev/null Trainee Engineer

Mos, you're the man

29. mos Apprentice Engineer

Happy to help :D

As I said yesterday.. this part at 3:05 made me smile ... lots

Actually I'm amazed a piece of machinery dating back to planets release still works to this day with only minor tweaks. Seriously, thanks for the consistency! :woot:

30. System Error Message Trainee Engineer

in regards to performance requrements heres one you can try that should work
    Minimum requirements:
    3Ghz intel core2duo/3.2Ghz phenom ii/4.2Ghz piledriver
    8GB DDR3 ram in dual channel
    GTX 680/HD 7970 (2GB vram)
    5Mb/s/128Kb/s internet for MP

recommended
    2.8 Ghz iseries quad core intel/ 3ghz ryzen quad core
    16GB dual channel DDR4
    GTX 1070/980 ti/rx 580 8GB of vram
    50Mb/s/5Mb/s internet for MP

test and verify, but i can say for sure that while running MP after update on a heavy world (or playing MP), my laptop's 7700hq runs at 2.4Ghz with about 50-60% CPU usage and 60 fps at 1080p on gtx 1070N on a heavily modded world at medium-high settings. The server bursts up to 40Mb/s sending data so 50Mb/s download is needed for recommended use.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.