Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important Update 1.187 - Major Overhaul of Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. druppi Apprentice Engineer

well I have much less FPS thane before ...anyone else with this problem?
    ...my world has some Mods and is large but I had around 50 FPS now its 10 FPS :(

2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Post your video card model, operating system and video card driver version.

3. RafauUu Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem as @druppi especially visible in Star Wars Tatooine planet https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=601832327
    before the update I had 60-90fps after 15-30fps my specs i5 4670k@4.5Ghz, GTX1070, 16Gb RAM, SSD and last drivers.
    I try steam game integrity check, background processes, antivirus uninstal e.t.c
    edit: even removing C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers to reset all settings...
    edit 2: even campaign in unplayable, Alt-F11 performance album

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  4. System Error Message Trainee Engineer

for those with fps loss are you using AMD?
    i got very little fps mod and my server has 50 mods and 100 planets.

5. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

What i dislike is the inconsistency with turning inertia dampeners on while free fall versus press/hold space with inertia dampeners off. Why the huge difference?

6. Buzzed_Bear Trainee Engineer

Spotlights are wonky. I get a solid rectangle (2D) where the lights should be shining. They rotate as I move from right to left or left to right. All other lights seem to be ok.

7. hellokeith Apprentice Engineer

Dedicated server Core i7 860 quad+HT with 16 GB ram and an SSD is forcing experimental mode for insufficient hardware. Is this correct?

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Another interesting effect occurred when I recolored some interior turrets. They instantly changed physical shape to something weirdly compressed (I should post a pic, but I’ll have to do it later). They all reverted to their normal shape when the map reloaded.

9. System Error Message Trainee Engineer

because your 860's clock is below minimum, however you can overclock it so go nuts.

10. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Huh? First I have heard of this. Sort of an entry barrier for hosting games for noobs?

Unlike ship thrusters, character jetpack has 5x slowdown factor (magic thrust), so dampeners will stop faster than manual stopping/hovering.

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Is it voodoo magic?

12. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Tested combat against the default planetary Pirate HQ and the results were not that great. Tested using fighters and a small capital ship destroyer. Fighters seem to be about the same performance wise. Capital ships are a little better and I can at least move at an agonizingly slow pace with very low FPS and lower sim speed. Didn't slow down this badly before. Not entirely sure what's up.

13. MadRussian258 Trainee Engineer

Loving this update so far, came back after 2 year break from the game.

14. KissSh0t Master Engineer

The description for Adaptive Simulation Quality is quite good.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Komoden Trainee Engineer

The descriptions for all server settings are non-existent (or at least all of the ones i was in doubt of)

For Example: There is no descriptions of the new Trash Removal settings anywhere. Patch notes just mention there are "new settings", DS tutorial page doesn't mention them at all, and there are no mouse-over hints in the DS window either.
    How am i supposed to guess what "Optimal Grid Count" does? and it defaults to 0?
    - I could make a guess, but it would end up along the lines of "server always wants there to be 0 grids in the world"

Comon Keen - you've made a brilliant MP update, but you're missing the last 5% that makes setting up a DS understandable for outsiders (at least without a bunch of trial and error)

16. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes, you're supposed to guess, like the rest of us did, and then endure the shitstorm of players asking why their ship (which they spent the last hour building) vanished in front of their eyes. It seems that the "Optimal Grid Count" is exactly what it says, and once it's exceeded, grids (ships and stations) are just deleted according to some as-yet-undisclosed-algorithm. Apparently somebody thought it would be amusing for server admins - or part of their grand future plans ?

17. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Oh really? I will notify Filcon about it. He added most of tooltips everywhere, so this was probably missed.
    --- Automerge ---
    Those tooltips should have been in admin screen at first place, aren't there any?
    --- Automerge ---
    Exactly as it says on the can. :D This one is pretty self explanatory. Once turned on, grids start dissolving. Any question about "what grids will be deleted then?" will be ignored by me (and NO! It is not because I have no Idea how exactly it works! :D ). Better set it to 0 (0 == turned off) if you care about your grids. :D There is even warning in admin screen, when you are setting it to non-zero values.

18. Roxette Senior Engineer

Because tooltips are the future, comprehensive documentation for software is so 1990's, right? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

No one reads manuals. Also if you have documentation, you need to keep it updated. When things often change, you soon find it is obsolete. If "Optimal grid count" + tooltip, that it will remove everything above threshold, would not be enough, than I fear even documentation won't help. :p

20. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes the in-game tooltip is good, I suspect the server owner set it from the dedicated server admin console, which has no such information yet :)

21. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

As I said, there should have been tooltip in DS manager too.

22. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

24/07/2018
    Hotfix 1.187.089

• fixed multithread crashes
    • fixed crash in Mods screen
    • fixed crash in DS GUI
    • fixed crash when closing the terminal on DS
    • fixed timeout when connecting to server with a lot of mods
    • fixed issue where characters were not being removed by trash removal
    • fixed issue with overlapping dialog when downloading mods

• Like Like x 1
  23. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Thanks for all the hotfixes :-D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

after a short playtest with friends i can say...nice work keen. to be honest...i did not believe in a real fix for multiplayer but hey its working really fine. now i need to find a dedicated server with 4,5 Ghz lol :woot:

25. DoktorDoraro Trainee Engineer

I noticed in MP survival if you click on a blueprint it will give you an unbuilt version you can try and place, however, I can't place the blueprint, is this intended?

26. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Yes (at this moment), unbuilt blueprint is shown but you cannot place it.
    We will fix the green outline when the preview is displayed.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  27. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I see the updated that has been patched, however when I do a manual update check through the dedicated server tool I get a response the server is up to date at .088. As a result I can't get the server updated. What is the step I'm missing?

28. hellokeith Apprentice Engineer

@Soulthule same here. But steamcmd worked.

my server: 7-Roids OldSchool PVP 177km

29. WipeOuttt Trainee Engineer

how did you get that to work ? i have tryed that also, and no joy

30. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

nitrado is also unable to auto-update the dedicated server. support told me, they dont know whats wrong with this patch and they cannot install.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.