Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.188.1 – Minor Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. boromir Apprentice Engineer

@[XGN] XLency The Support site shows what they're working on. You can show only the items marked 'In Progress' and sort by recently updated. Admittedly they're not making regular (weekly) announcements but their YouTube channel has a few teaser videos they've posted in the last week or two.

If the anti-missile targeting issue isn't posted on the Support site you don't have a prayer it'll get fixed.

2. [XGN] XLency Trainee Engineer

Alrighty then, good to know. Nice profile picture by the way.

3. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Thanks!
    Also, this hit Twitter today.

4. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Anyone knows when to expect next major update?

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I am going with when it is released. :D

6. Thrak Junior Engineer

They haven't said, as far as I've seen. Based on past major updates, I would expect one or two more public test sessions, with time in-between for fixes. So probably mid to late February would be my guess.

7. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I had hope it's gonna be soon, but I guess there is no point in haste. I'll keep my fingers crossed, It's been to long since last update.

8. Thrak Junior Engineer

I am more interested in what the plan if for the official Keen survival servers. They're still running the old asteroid settings (although I think most have airtightness turned on). I presume at some point, they will need to be wiped fresh, and we'll all have to start over.

9. Volcano Apprentice Engineer

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Oh my god, 3 of them? I'll have to pay attention to it and perhaps participate in one of them. Point is the server I'm currently playing on is safe :D.

11. GreenStepper Trainee Engineer

So i have no clue where to post that else, looks like there is no specific Bug Report sub forum and i just dont want to register on another plaform like the support website. So However i have 2 Bugs to report one Major the other one Minor.
    The Major Bug makes the Game unplayable for Offline Players. So when Steam is in Offline mode or Online but has no Connection and the game runs and i Click load a game or Continue then it prompts me with the Error that Steam is Offline and that i need to change the Game Setting to Offline, so it was already but i redid that, and no the same Error again and again. So i play this game mostly Offline may have about 1000 hours in this game and also i wasnt able to play this game since the planets release because of the lack of some ram and later then because of the lack of a better gpu, however since the last 300% optimization patch im able to play again (and hella its cool) but haha and now it just dont works because the game hates me playing offline :woot: However please fix this, this makes the game completly unable to play.

Minor Bug: Sometimes it is not possible to use the Medical Blocks to heal/loadenergy/gain hydro or oxy. Thats not good. After reloading the game it mostly works (thats not a problem for me) however then hehe the first Major bug comes in, so i need to live with that Medical Block problem until i have internet again, because if i try to relog then i just cant :woot:

See ya around Engineers ^-^

12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@GreenStepper Your Major bug is mainly because you are subscribed to a mod. If Steam is offline the game can not check and see if there is an update to the mod, which gives you the error message. Even if you set your style is offline if you have a subscribed mod it still needs to check for an update online. Is a well known issue and as far as I am aware there is nothing that has been posted to fix this. :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roxette Senior Engineer

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in multiple similar threads, it's not too difficult, you just need to convert the mod to a local one by copying or extracting the mod files to a local sub-directory under %appdata%\SpaceEngineers\Mods

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Roxette I just meant no official word from Keen on if it is something they will do to change it, but yes moving them does work!

15. Roxette Senior Engineer

Ah yes, sorry... Keen have acknowledged this issue with the status "topic has been added between considered issues" on one of the treads reporting it as a problem on the feedback site... so, who knows...

16. GreenStepper Trainee Engineer

@mojomann71 , yeah thats probably it. Thank you for the Info! But i think that should be easy to fix for KeenSWH since the mods are already on the Computer, so they just dont need to check for updates if no Internet connection is available.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Just a look at how far we come in 3 years and 7 months. :)

18. [XGN] XLency Trainee Engineer

That's funny. It's funny because you haven't come far at all. We're still waiting for you to fix the god damn anti-missile targeting AND the multiplayer since you guys fucked that up too.

• Late Late x 2
  19. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. PLPM Junior Engineer

I just want a game that is fun, and I mean its gameplay, be it combat, survival, engineering, prospecting/exploring and progressing through the game itself.

If I just wanted LEGO in space I could have just stuck with the early alpha days and I´d be as good as ever.

21. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Hope you realize I am not a developer so need to take your anger elsewhere my man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. [XGN] XLency Trainee Engineer

Then why the hell are you posting updates and acting like you're part of the official team? Also, the update you posted was from 4 years ago. Instead of acting like progress was made, maybe try to spit out facts rather that propaganda.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Roxette Senior Engineer

... and this, folks, is why a public internet forum in 2019 is a complete waste of time, and what we need is a decent bug reporting system with a high level of user technical ability threshold to limit shitposting

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Friend, try to calm down, please. There's been progress. Maybe not the progress you like. Maybe not the progress I like! But - and I cannot stress that one enough: progress has been made, nontheless. Anti-missile targeting? Do you remember the times when the ship would rather shoot itself than the target? When gatlings would cut right through your engine room if they felt like it? Do you remember the time when leaving your cockpit mid-flight in a single-player session would merge you with the walls in a deadly fashion? Do you remember the time when taking off the helmet would turn you into something with six dimensions? When you could use only one drill per server? When landing gear was more suited as a weapon of mass-destruction? When gatling guns at 100m/s would shoot your own ship? When there was no oxygen? No PB? No conveyors? No functional turrets? There has been made progress.

Now, I am no fanboy. Keen has a decent vision for a game that they are not great at implementing at times. They are bad at communication and they have the typical problems of start-up gaming companies in explaining their dev-cycle to the players in order to create understanding for their priorities and their problems in fixing what's bothering us. But they have created progress that can be measured and is visible. Your vivid commotion is understandable because it stems from problems that anger you. But they don't anger all of us and so please understand that we do not all have to and do not all want to join your level of frustration. That's perfectly legit and I would ask you to not attack another player simply because he or she does not have the same pain points.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  25. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It is something called a comparison. Since 1.189 is about to drop, I was simply comparing where the game was at 1.089.
    Also you should know that anyone that is part of the Dev team will have developer listed with their profile/avatar.

Your comment also shows you are not that familiar with the game as MP has ALWAYS been an issue and has NEVER been stable.

If you are so angry over the game and obviously not a fan, why even bother coming and reading the forums? Try not being a troll and maybe try to share your concerns like a normal person?

Me saying "Just a look at how far we come" the "we" means the players, the community and Keen. If you do not think we have come up from that, you are entitled to your opinion. Attacking someone to try to prove your opinion is not the way to get that across.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  26. Roxette Senior Engineer

Actually... The multiplayer game was a lot more playable and stable for a brief period just before it was changed to 'server authoritative' - at which time it was fun with up to a dozen or more players on a server and all kinds of antics taking place - but because of client authoritative it was open to all kinds of exploits which made it more interesting but maybe less fair to players without the hacking ability to expoit it :)

27. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Which at that point it still was not perfect. :) Point being MP has always had issues. It has never been a solid part of the game.

28. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

:munch:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Roxette Senior Engineer

It doesn't need to be 'solid' to be fun though. Part of the fun of Space Engineers has always been finding workarounds for all the bugs. Such is always the way with early access gaming :)

30. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I agree, I didn't imply that it was not fun. Just it was not perfect ever. Some patches it was better than others but there was always either sim speed issue sync issue ghosting issue etc. and right now it is not that much of an issue as:
    I do not see it in a F'ed up state. it is playable, just maybe not to the standard it should be.
    My original intent anyway was to address the troll comment, I come in peace. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.