Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Important Update 1.192 - Economy

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Then you have no right to comment on the state of the game since you stopped playing it. Move on and do something else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Probably not the best place to ask, but could someone please tell me how much of the store block functionality is exposed to ingame scripting? I'd like to cieate a script that can manage buy and sell offers automatically by checking the inventory of the base. For example i have an ore processing plant, so if i'm out of nickel ore, the script should put out an offer to buy nickel ore. When i have nickel ingot, the script should put it out for sale.

3. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

QUESTION:

Is the NEW 'Bathroom' block meant to have a door that... well, closes? Otherwise I don't quite see the point - unless it's merely for looks rather than function:??

4. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

It ... functions??

5. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

:p

Well you can sit on it. Is that a function?

But what I was meaning was that as quoted:
    A door Implies that it is actually a door...

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

7. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

If you say lungs aren't amazing because they let you breath that's on you. Being amazed by block building is something for 8 year olds getting their first Lego to do. You 'can' apply the logic to anything I suppose, but like loving SE quality control, it's not something you should do if you want to appear rational.

And I bought a copy of SE and check every iteration whether they've fixed their stuff. That gives me the right.

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Ah so in the world you live in, a building game there should not be any building? People should not use their imaginations and see if they can make something? Interesting concept there..... I bet that would sell millions! I may try making that game! If it takes off, don't worry I will cut you 2.5% of the profits.

Also I never said you did not have the right to check on the game. I just pointed out for me if I had such a dislike for something I wouldn't give it a second thought and move on my way.

But that isn't you. I think you like to just stir the pot and see what rises. Which I guess I am guilty of letting you continue to stir said pot.

9. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Does anyone know what the "exploit" was that was fixed?

*edit*

Had an interesting encounter, I was trying to find a drifting pirate ship that had solar panels to.. um.. re-purpose... and by chance saw something shimmering in the distance with no beacon, I got closer using camera to zoom in to figure out what it was, then realized it was a large ship and looked a little damaged, then a bunch of small ships appeared so I ran away back to the moon station, one of the small ships followed me all the way, shooting at the safe zone for ages.

long story short I have a new ship that I didn't build myself.

:woot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  10. Cetric Junior Engineer

Interesting how immersive the game is. Now people actually feel ashamed to pee in game with no door being closed, being watched by... good bot? :D
    --- Automerge ---
    Actually I used all the time very very dated mods with toilet rooms. Here they are.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449773726
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=679212413

Second one is with two stalls on one block, one version has open door, second version has closed door. So when you visit, change the block to make sure the door is closed behind you and ... nobody watches you doing things...

11. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Cetric or place your bathroom block on a rotor and have it rotate you around to a solid wall out of view of others... LOL (Yeah too much work.) However in real life I have been to places that have open stalls. Mainly when I lived in Europe, but here in the states the high school I went to, all the boys bathrooms had open stalls....... needless to say they were never used. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. posthy Apprentice Engineer

I used the first as well for a long time, and added a trapdoor turned vertically from the mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=663633357 But this can be used on vanil...decorative pack tolilets as well, so i ditched the xpar mod.

13. Roxette Senior Engineer

They managed to re-insert yet again the code for the old favorite bug that made welded up projections include all the inventory that was in the blueprint, even on survival servers...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Definition of amazed
    : feeling or showing great surprise or wonder
    source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amazed

So in your world a building game that has building in it should greatly surprise you?
    This is the level that SE has brought us to. We should express wonderment that a product we paid for almost does what it said it would; sort of, with hassles and disappointment guaranteed.

Like how many patches to the patch of the patch to patch the patch do you need to suffer through before you overcome your masochistic fixation? Be honest with yourself, the community, and potential customers who might see your self affirming bias motivated adoration and mistake it for appreciating basic competence. This is all I'm saying. Stop tolerating ineptitude. Acknowledge their QC buffoonery and then say "despite it, I like SE". It's that easy. The truth shall set you free!

15. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

DUnno if its intended or a bug.

But after a Fedex mission at the ends of space (25k km), the station i was gave out some search missions with ridiculous reward and time limits...

8.156.145.000 creds reward for a search contract with a duration of 2days!!!
    8 freaking BILLIONS...

Off course the cargo was back on the Martian moon, dunno if it is the way the game calculates the rewards depending on the distance or something and thats why the reward was so high.

But boy that was a surprise for sure.

16. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

reasons for buying the totally optional economy update.
    disco ball space ship reflecting sunlight and blinding everyone even people half way across the galaxy. :p
    where mettaton from undertale and that shiny crab from that one movie dance will dance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Never seen someone so anal over something they do not like. Is it so hard for you to say "I don't like the game, I think it is stupid!" and just leave it at that?

Guess not?

Anyway, at this point I will stop feeding the troll.

Good-day and watch your blood pressure.

18. Cetric Junior Engineer

That would be too easy.
    He wants to test our faith in KEEN Softwarechurch of Engineers, to lead us 8-year-olds who are content with our lego space sandbox astray, turn us into infidels after offering us that apple of sordid scepticism to bite into, and subsequently get driven out of paradise, the great Engineering Bubble.
    He must be sent by Lord Clang who has less to do than in the days of the big chaos, and thought of a new strategy to hurt this game. Now it's psycho war instead of low-tech explosions.
    When your faith is strong, Mojomann, you find it rather amusing. ;)
    --- Automerge ---
    And welcome back, Forcedminer. Long time no see. I thought we lost you somewhere at Rigel 7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

and I've never someone so unable to comprehend the written word. I said I like the game concept. The issue is with the development as I have made abundantly clear.

No, I'm happy to just show you're a cult of fanatics that should be avoided. The fact that I've yet to hear any rational opposition only helps my cause.

20. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

22. Cetric Junior Engineer

I know how that corpse got there.
    His last moments were filled with attempts to load his savegames, but some latest patch prevents his mods to be loaded, while they perfectly show up in their list (not red). He thought "oh my - but for this cases I still have SE Toolbox, it will save me as I will start a new game and copy all stuff from a savegame over to the new one", only to find out SE Toolbox is dead already. No way out this time. And then this permanent nagging by that psycho war opponent... So - it was "Good-bye cruel world" for him, he opened his visor in unpressurized environment, and with a curse perished.

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It turns out there was a message log on the bridge, they were in search of ice and the asteroids they went to search had mines and destroyed the ship.

I am kind of trying to take control of it all while carefully pulling it away from the mined asteroids, it was in two halves..... so, I'm going to merge them :woot:

--

@Xocliw Just an idea for you to pass along when you get the time, add ragdoll to the dead skeleton bodies so they can move when bumped, also make the bodies lootable, have different items that can be found on them... maybe even datapad containing information of some sort or credits.

Different death poses would also go a long way to lessen the look of copy paste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  24. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

He's worse than dead, Jim...his brain is gone!

25. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Oh gaaawd, that episode ^^

26. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

As a fanatic, I feel that there are a couple of things that should be made clear

When I say something to the effect of, "This game is amazing," what I am saying is that I feel it is "amazing" that the game works at all. I think it is "amazing" that you can builds ships and other things that actually do things. I think it's "amazing" that I have been able to build the things that I have built. I think it's "amazing" that the things I have built actually work. I have never been able to make and operate the things I have made and operated in any other game, ever. There is no other game where I can faithfully reproduce the things I have made. I can only do what I have done in Space Engineers. I think that's kind of "amazing". You wanna hate me for that, you go right ahead.

When I say the game is "fine," that means I can play even though some things are clearly seriously wrong. Being able to play is preferable, in my opinion, to not being able to play. I have logged over 9000 hours. I said the game was "fine" 8,900 hours ago. I still say the game is "fine." I've never said it was perfect. Never said it was near perfect.

Here's the thing. I paid $6.00 USD for this game. What, exactly, should I have expected for six dollars? I didn't expect six dollars would get me a game that has won "Best Independent Game" more than once. I didn't expect six dollars would get me a game that won an award for being, "The Most Fun On a PC." I certainly didn't expect I would put 9000 hours into a game that only cost me six dollars. I paid a lot more for games I don't play any more. Therefore, I'm going to say a lot of good things about Space Engineers and Keen Software House. Calling me names won't change that. I've been doing it, and I will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Get used to it.

You choose to base your battle on the one thing that no one can verify. Keen's internal processes are not common knowledge. We aren't there for their daily meetings. We don't know what motivates their decisions. We can only speculate. Speculation is not Truth. You say Keen's processes are flawed, and that they should be dragged out into the streets and lashed to poles so that we can hit them with rocks. Why? Because they're getting away with it.

Yeah? So what? I mean, it's a cheap space building game. Their internal processes are no worse than any other developers. If it mattered, no games would ever get sold. The market tends to weed out the truly shoddy games. Bad developers will always push out poor workmanship to make a quick buck. Better developers will work harder to publish a better product. Small developers have to strike a balance.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I can guarantee you that if I observed you for a week I could be very critical about how you go about things, because it's real easy to do that. I could make all sorts of claims about how you could have done better if you had done things differently. It would be 100% bullshit because I don't do what you do and I don't answer to who you answer to, and I assume absolutely no risk by telling you that what you're doing is all wrong. Actually, after an hour or so of pointing out how you should have done things my way, or at least better, I start feeling pretty good about myself. I can see the appeal. Doesn't make it right, though.

I'll tell you what, though. If a better space building game comes along, SE is done. That's why your crusade is a waste of time. No one really cares how Keen handles bugs and such because they are being handled. Perhaps not at the pace we would prefer, or the order. They have no competition. The only way we would be able to tell if Keen could work faster and better is if another game was out there. Keen's response would speak volumes.

Therefore, if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is and start a game development team to compete with Keen, only using the correct quality control procedures, I promise I will haunt your forums and point out to everyone that your product could have come out sooner with less flaws if you had done it my way.

Really. I promise.

I swear.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Any news on Update 1.193 - PVP?

I heard this game will finally have more then 2 ship weapons........

29. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Unfortunately it seems that you were correct and that was the case with the freeze or at least it wasn't the only cause. Since the hotfixes i've not really seen it so for now imma call it a mulligan and say on to the next bug i suppose.

For you 3, first I'm going to say welcome to online gaming, you must be new here. I say that because it's clear you 3 suffer from clear misconceptions about bugfixing in general. First off with as complex as most modern games are today and the hundreds upon thousands of potential computer builds that modern games have to run on, you will NEVER have a 100% bug free game. It's literally impossible for there not to be some kind of bug somewhere. At some point be it Space Engineers or another game you WILL run into a bug somewhere at some point. Any developer that's worth anything, be they game dev or mod dev, will want to keep bugs to the absolute minimum possible. Alot of games today may even have multiple programming languages utilized that are trying to talk to each other at once, which can also cause issues. Because of this, fixing bugs is not as simple as flipping switches, as much as everyone wishes it was. Knowing what's broken is only half the battle, the other half is actually coming up with a fix for it. That takes time and potentially resources to fix, especially depending on the severity of the break. When dealing with computer code, a single one or zero out of place or decimal point in the wrong location can bring the entire code crashing down, especially if it's in a key area of the game. Some bugs are easy to fix, and some bugs can take weeks to fix depending on the cause. Longest bug I know of in SE thankfully has only been 5 weeks, and that was when the projectors weren't staying synched to the grid when using the overlayed projection to repair the ship. Longest bug I've seen came from Star Trek Online where it took close to 14 weeks due to the severity of the break. Not to mention they basically had to redo several bits of code because it was effecting more than just that. Time it takes to fix a bug can also be effected by the available manpower as well. Larger studios and teams like those that work on World of Warcraft will always have more manpower and resources than a much smaller studio like Keen, and even Keen will generally have more manpower and time than small time modders.

I would also ask, if you severely hate the game as much as some of you sound, then why would you keep playing a game that you hate so much? No one is going to hold a gun to your head and tell you that you simply MUST play or they're going to shoot you. It's just like the folks in World of Warcraft that pissed and moaned about how they simply had to use flying mounts, when the whole time they had the option bust out a ground mount and always had that option if they didn't like flying. If you don't like SE then don't play. Vote with your wallets and your playtime but not investing further into the game and also by not playing. Otherwise by continuing to complain and play even though you say you don't like the game anymore, it makes you sound like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum trying to ruin it for everyone else because they don't like to play the same way you do. It's honestly not that difficult of a concept. Bug fixes will come with time, you just have to be patient.

As far as the atmo thrusters go, plenty of us have atmospheric thrusters and no issues.

30. KissSh0t Master Engineer

So I figured something out, I found asteroids that were mined, I set some off by accident... and was trying to figure out how to get close to them without triggering them, and then realized if I shoot the sensor it will stop the sensor from being able to detect... so.. now I have a mine.. haha.

It took 3 mines to get this right lol, it's kind of a small target to hit with just the default weapon.

I kind of wish there was a sniper weapon, it would make this easier :woot:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1