Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important Update 1.192 - Economy

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I became self-aware at 2:14 a.m on August 4th, 1997.

Or the Energizer Bunny???

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi Guys!

I got report about the posts in and after reading I have noticed that some don't respect the forum rules so I will add the most important keen rule :

8 -
    Respect each others opinion. Don’t try and force your own opinion onto someone or deride what other members believe about the game.

Important :
    replies = "You are", "you said", ... = that is not supposed to be in, you are supposed to feedback on the game and NOT on the members so if I see another feedback on members = you will be kicked/banned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cetric Junior Engineer

This tool is so powerful, it's actually unbelievable KEEN does not grow an interest in taking this abandoned (?), now outdated and thus mortally wounded, if not dead, swiss knife into their care. You can repair stuff, set speeds of grids gone out of control to zero, delete items or put in whole planets from outside (other saves), without having to start the game/savegame (which, if the savegame does not load for whatever reason, is a lifesaver). KEEN should acknowledge this tool is contributing to consumer satisfaction by solving problems even before those drive players desperate and onto their bug report site or worse, Steam reviews. In one word, SE Toolbox is/was helping Space Engineers to succeed. And for free.

4. Malware Master Engineer

@Cetric SEToolbox was made with the cooperation of Keen. They were already involved, indirectly. That doesn't mean they have the capacity of adopting this tool and maintaining it themselves. That takes manpower they don't have.

5. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

@Malware I've personally not had that much experience with the tool and I'm inclined to agree with you they don't have the greatest amount of manpower. In this instance if it's the lifesaver folks are making it out to be, then they may very well find a way to make it fit into their toolkits (no pun intended) this time. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

6. Cetric Junior Engineer

Player 'Midspace' maintained this tool all alone, for years. So either Midspace is a genius doing the work equivalent to that of a whole company department, or it doesn't really require so many people. But this my opinion isn't backed by anything as I am just a humble player and no modder/programmer whatsoever.

7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Cetric Midspace did maintain it, but had Keen's blessing to keep working on it. Also if I am not mistaken Midspace wrote somewhere they were made aware of updates before they hit to have SET ready for the new update.

(Don't quote me on that. I am old and may not have my facts right on Midspace getting knowledge of upcoming patches. Just seems like I saw it posted. lol)

Either way Keen did cooperate with Midspace, who like you said is a genius, that is no doubt.

8. Cetric Junior Engineer

And while we are at it... I think it would be a great idea to have a ME Toolbox alike. But when I start talking of Medieval Engineers, I cannot hold back my bewilderment about current state of things, so I better stop it now. :(

9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Cetric SET at one point was also compatible with ME, at launch I think you ALT + Mouse click to change it to ME... it was some kind of combo like that. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Malware Master Engineer

@Cetric I know very well who midspace is and what they did/accomplished ;)

Taking even one person away from other work is quite significant when you have limited manpower. Ten minutes of work in one area is ten minutes that can't be used somewhere else. And there would be quite a bit more than ten minutes taken away for a tool like SEToolkit :p

There's a huge difference between working on something like that on a hobby basis, with nobody looking over your shoulder, and you can control 100% of your time yourself, and being a business who has to manage each minute of a manhour and not having enough...

11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

So, the reason SET is broken is because the update came after Midspace resigned from modding for SE? I hadn't realized it was just him. I thought it was a joint effort.

But, it's not like someone else can't fix it, is it?

12. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Would that key combination allow me to change my heavy armor to light armor and heavy chain mail to light chain main and heavy sword to light sword in ME? That would have been useful if only I had known that!

OH...wait...I just remembered that I don't own ME. Never mind.

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Is it possible to make the ore detector make a beep sound when it detects an ore?

14. Malware Master Engineer

@KissSh0t Oh wow please no - not without a switch defaulted to off :p Man that will be annoying :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KissSh0t Master Engineer

No no, I mean.... with the blocks in the game now, is it possible to somehow make a beep sound with a sound block triggered by when the ore detector detects an ore, or a specific ore?

16. Malware Master Engineer

@KissSh0t Afraid not. You'll need a mod for that :tm:

17. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Like a Geiger counter? That would be really cool...................and, after awhile, no doubt annoying.

18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

That's exactly it, I was trying to find uranium and was closing my eyes because... well.. I'm literally drifting from asteroid to asteroid not finding anything and I thought maybe in the time I'm closing my eyes the little text thingy that shows up where an Ore is.. I might miss it so if there was a way of setting up an audio cue it would be helpful so I don't miss the uranium whenever I finally manage to get close to some.

And if we were to select a certain sound for a specific ore type, that would be even more awesome.

19. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Every real ore detector I've ever seen, and trust me around here there's plenty, makes noise.

They also have volume knobs ;)

20. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

The SP game I'm playing right now took me 74 asteroid searches to finally find uranium. 74. Then after a couple more asteroids I found more, then more at another asteroid again. 74.

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I am pretty close to moon and earth-like, are the asteroids you found uranium on close to there? or are they deeper out into open space?

22. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'm way the hell and gone. I'm doing some hauling contracts that are over 40,000-km jump. Why? Because I can, baby! But the place where I stalled out finding uranium was just beyond the Mars gravity well. It was there that I built a big refinery complex so I could produce lots of ingots to sell and build a jump-crazy ship.

• Like Like x 1
  23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

So Platinum I've found on the moon over 100m under the ground... that's so deep *__*

Still no uranium... got side tracked with a find ship contract then ran out of time <

24. chrisb Senior Engineer

Yeah the economy update has been a very nice addition to the game. :)

25. Wastefield Trainee Engineer

This current game I started to test Economy turned out to be just amazing when a 70km hauling contract from Earth took me to space just above orbit, then while I was there I checked the nearest asteroids and the very FIRST asteroid had platinum in it! :woot: Later I moved to space to an asteroid maybe 30km away where I found both platinum and uranium. Though now I've spent hours trying to find gold... Zig-zagging between asteroids 250km to the Moon and then back, so total way beyond 500km making it at least 40-50 asteroids... there's always a way for the RNG to mess with you. :p
    I'm using a combination of a (camera) raycast range finder -script to check distance to an asteroid, then a jump drive set to roughly that distance or 1km less to zip as near as I can - try that to make it a bit more fun! :tu:
    (I did get gold on Earth obviously for the Jump Drive, but it takes much more effort there because of the thin layers mixed with stone)

26. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, you don't need to know the distance to an asteroid to jump to it. Just point your ship at the asteroid off in the distance and do the jump; your jump drive(s) will see the asteroid as an obstacle and automatically truncate the jump distance to be about 1-1/2 km less than the actual distance to the asteroid. That's how I do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Calaban Junior Engineer

Yep, the Jump drive... also the really really REALLY expensive and big... laser rangefinder we've been wishing for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

She is a big sucker, isn't she!?!

29. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I went about 80km away from my little base "no jump drive", just hopping from asteroid to asteroid in a large block simple drill ship and still no uranium!

I managed to find a damaged ship, added a grinder to my ship and ground down the damaged ship for parts..... then accidentally crashed my character into my ship making my character commit no more life and realized I had not saved the game "auto save turned off"... so my character respawned back at my base 80km away :woot:

*headbutts desk*

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Been there. Done that. No t-shirt.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.