Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Important Update 1.193 - 6th Anniversary & Decorative Pack II

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 24, 2019.

1. mleise Trainee Engineer

Here is what Marek said in his interview with Xocliw on the release stream though: "[...] one clarification: Of course there is the paid DLC, but it's quite cheap - only $4 - and everything else in this update is for free, you know, including this scenario [...] and also including this new seat." Later on (18:29 on YouTube) the dialog was: Marek: "George(?) had a clarification: The small control seat is not part of the deco pack?" - Xocliw: "It is. It is part of the deco pack." - Marek: "Ok... because some people were asking. I wasn't sure [...] which is what." (Watch video for better context.)
    My speculation is that they did have internal discussion about the seat and someone else made the final call on it, causing Marek to misremember during the stream although his personal blog also lists the seat as part of the DLC. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and allow for the correction mistakes and wait and see if a pattern of broken promises or misleading ads develops. Frankly I think neither seat, nor transparent LCD, nor half stair-case are strictly decorative, but the "open cockpit" is distinctively more essential for some vehicle types.

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

FYI for the small update for Nov 1, 2019
    (because I know someone will ask who didn't take the time to re-read the updated 1st page) :)

3. Cetric Junior Engineer

I especially like those new adaptable windows coming with the pack. I mean those which have right and left wing and a center piece, which allows to create any length of window as long as it is one block tall. This the related mod which gave the inspiration did not have (but shutters, which is a reason for keeping those parallely).

4. Malware Master Engineer

The freight block is the DLC cargo boxes, not the normal cargo blocks.

5. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

I love the new open seat cockpit.
    For years I've been using a passenger seat and remote control for a lot of my small builds.. this solves that.
    Finally.

Thanks Keen.

6. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Kind of wish there were small block glass window parts so we could build our own small ship cockpits.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mytos Trainee Engineer

Nice DLC and i appreciate moving the small cockpit into vanilla though i already bought it. That's a remarkable changed decision more software houses should follow.

Besides i noticed the ship weight update now took a few seconds since last patch. This is very confusing mining with small ships. Does anyone else notice this?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. DanTX Trainee Engineer

I Just wanted to say "thank you so much" for revisiting controller support, really like the direction it's going. I had thought it had been forgotten since 2016. I bought the decorative pack ii, although I normally find that kind of thing abhorrent, because you made a good case for it as funding continued development. I'd much rather see that then have the project become abandonware, or start selling $500 ships that only exist as a jpeg. Maybe creating a Patreon would be more palatable? Sorry for my rambling.

9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

For those who didn't go back to the first page to see today's update:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. ChozoSR388 Trainee Engineer

All great fixes, but can we also get a fix for the occasional "ERROR: The Server host has left the world" crash to main menu...on local single-player worlds?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Thought that was just me.

12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Anyone else having trouble connecting to a dedicated server after the update today? (Nov. 14, 2019)

Yes the DS has been updated to current version. :)

UPDATE:
    Found the issue it is the mod Elite Sensor

All good now that it has been taken out!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I feel personally attacked. :woot:

14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@KissSh0t yeah my wording I guess could have been better, no one person was intended. :)

Plus is kind of easier when it is made as a new post for people to spot the update. lol

15. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

damn that jukebox block looking fresh something i've been wanting for ages. :)
    it mentions having a skip song feature. wonder does it roll onto the next song? support a timer block will work just fine
    a fair bulk of my mods are just sound block mods hah
    this is probably the high light of them

16. Oskarowski Trainee Engineer

Great update, really amasing work! nice features, very nice blocks... but... since the 1.193.022 path/hotfix I see major issues. No changes on my side. Same save game, same PC, etc. The issues are:
    - Projectors have issues when they are on movable grids. They does not anymore refresh fast enough the projection (hope this is not a "feature") and the position of the projection changes (jumps on movement of the gridto any direction - not stable anymore). Making "printers" pretty much useless.
    - Crashes on using connectors (connecting/disconnecting from grids)
    - Crashes on using remote control (just clicking on "controll" button)
    - Crashes when windows enters power save mode
    - Grids suddenly starts to need very high amount of power after disconnecting from connector even if they don't have enough consumers for that amount of claimed energy.
    Issues since 1.193
    - while remote controlling a grid I am not able any more to access the inventory/control panel of the controlled grid (you have now to disconnect from grid and enter via terminal)
    - Cursor in "Custom data" form jumps to last character of the above row instate to first posistion on pressing "home" button, or movin cursor to the first position in line.

...not that it would be something new that things break on updates, but for months - if not even a year - the game was just stable.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019