Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Important Update 1.194 - New Planet Triton, Visual Scripting Tool Overhaul & Frostbite Pack

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 19, 2020.

1. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Again a paid skin pack and not even the new planet is used anywhere in the base game.
    Do you really love your own game?

I showed my support by buying all your games and all the "dlc's" believing it would help "finnish" SE and ME.
    I am going to hold off on buying anymore products because my faith is gone.
    I wish you all the best with SE2, but this time i will wait until it's "done".

2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I think a lot of people feel this way right now.

3. cakuzma Trainee Engineer

I found a bug in this update , if you get into a bed or any item that lets you sit down (bed, toilet, seat, anything) it transfers ownership to you

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It was like that before the last update. They obviously unfixed the fix that eliminated that exploit.

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

Unfixing their own fixes is what Keen do best!

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

We've seen that way too many times, haven't we?

7. YesWeCant Trainee Engineer

Dear Keen
    With the new DLC blocks "Offset Door" and "Gate", would you mind letting us players attach things like "Corner LCD Panels" to the top of them? After all, you can do so with the sliding door.
    --- Automerge ---
    one little question: the antenna dish, is there any difference to the vanilla antenna, aside from the size?
    In the console, they seem to have the exact same max range

The laser antenna seems to have gotten a buff though, now it can have infinite range, apparently^^

8. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

The antenna dish, like most DLC, is just decorative. Aside from its looks, it's just an antenna. Even though it's a dish, it's not directional.

Laser antennas got a buff some time ago because players wanted them to reach beyond radio antenna ranges. Limiting factor being line-of-sight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. YesWeCant Trainee Engineer

I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    By the way, is there a script out there that could somehow synchronize it with a laser antenna that's on the same grid, so it'd point whereever the laser antenna is pointing?

So basically, you set the laser antenna to connect with another, the dish (placed on rotors) would automatically aim itself at the same target

10. John Smith Trainee Engineer

the performance is still bad for the most part, shadows run like they're calculated by hand and ram usage is blown out of proportion. several gb just to sit in main menu? really? unplayable at 8 gb ram, how will this ever work on a console?
    inb4 it's a voxel game

11. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

So same shit, different version #. Be back again in 6 months for the next DLC release. Bai!:tu:

12. DMOrigin Trainee Engineer

I have a similar issue with the tooltips. They stopping to popup. Another issue.. I don't know if this is really one. The size of the font has been changed after the patch:

Before patch - Look at both corner lcd panels. Font size is 2.2.
    [​IMG]

Now, after patch
    [​IMG]
    Same Savegame, same grid, same blocks and same settings. I need a font size of about... ~9.

The next one... what is with your sprite engine? Every script that uses Sprites is 100% useless in MP. The server forget up to 100% of all draw calls.

13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I noticed the same thing yesterday with all of my LCD panels. Yippee.

14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@DigitalStone it doesn't sound very KSH because it wasn't. It was adapted from a modder. :)

15. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Because of the way Marek trashed ME, I will no longer buy Space Engineers DLC to support "Keen software development".

You are using community content to develop SE. So where is all this money going towards if you need modders to do weather for you?

FailAI is not worth my support or time.

I will NOT buy DLC to fund FailAI development while games are getting trashbin treatment.

To make it worse, you lied about not abandoning ME a year ago. You had Deepflame re-assure everyone that development would resume before you gave him the boot. Then, on a whim, you decided to stick a knife in the project and kill a title that did not deserve that kind of treatment. Keen needs executives that have a clue and don't lie to their customers every chance they can. And I'm only referring to one person about that last part.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ChozoSR388 Trainee Engineer

@Kienata, let me set the scene for you. I have 9.72 GB (9.74 GB size on Disk) worth of saves. Yeah, it's a lot, but I have a lot of past and present projects. You're telling me, that in order to be able access those projects, when my internet or God forbid, STEAM, goes down for reasons beyond my control, I have to double the space that my saves take up because Keen's worried about what, exactly? That's an increase to 19.44 GB, 2,102 folders, 18,210 files inside the Saves folder on my boot drive. An extra 9.72 GB that could be used for other useful programs. But I have to use it for saves that already exist because Keen doesn't want to have them accessible offline as they are. Edited for a slight numerical error; 2102 should have been 2112, as there are already 1051 folders inside my Saves folder, including subfolders and their subsequent subfolders. Edited again because I was right the first time. Morning is a witch. Edited once more due to accidentally omitting the word 'was' from my second edit.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  17. Roxette Senior Engineer

If you do not generally use any Steam mods and the saved games are only using standard Keen stock parts, there is a simple workaround by creating a symbolic link or directory junction to the online save directory within the offline one. If a save is using mods, the situation becomes more complicated and awkward - how much more awkward is directly proportional to the number of mods involved.

18. ChozoSR388 Trainee Engineer

Well, I do use mods, a general set of 43 realism and QoL mods. Though, I suppose that's moot anyway, because you have to make a local set of the mods if you want to play with them offline, and even then, it doesn't always work. It USED to. I remember playing modded worlds offline with no issues prior to the Unknown Signals. I guess they're worried about piracy or something.

19. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

No, not piracy. it's rather clear to me they are steering SE towards becoming a platform service. Which means it will receive zero offline support.

Marek said in the steam store page for ME, that the reason ME was discontinued was that they changed their structure at Keen, and will only develop towards Space Engineers, then do the xbox port, and here is the kicker.. and then continue updating Space Engineers.

That's a service. They want MMO like income that they can rely on every month.

20. Roxette Senior Engineer

I believe it was a change that was necessary in order to have the paid DLC items work in a way generally compatible with the game in both single player and server based multiplayer worlds. Whether it could have been implemented in a better way is of course a matter open to speculation...

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Having the game look at a folder named after the users steamid is fine, they just need to make the game look at the steamid folder when steam is in offline mode also... this is my issue, I should not have to be manually moving my save file, I just want the game to act like it used to.

This offline folder change does nothing to stop piracy, it does everything to annoy legitimate owners of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. 64nd41f Trainee Engineer

After this Update VRageMath.Vector3D.TryParse(String, out Vector3D) always returns 0;0;0 . . . Good Job!

23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

As always... unexpected fix... server is stuck one version behind... I'm stuck on the current version... there's no way (that I know of) to roll back one version because it's not listed in the BETAs. I wish Keen would make it a policy to keep the previous version available in BETAs to cover those playing on servers that can't instantly update.

24. Titan Nya Trainee Engineer

Well waited for the fix to come as like always it broke the game for a bit...

Now waiting for some mods to update...

But i came here mostly because i don't know where to post... not a big problem but disabling the option for tool shake don't stop them. Tested it with vanilla drill...

25. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Great. So how are we supposed to keep track of when the game is being assertive now?

26. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

It buys you dinner first...

27. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Ah is that so? I thought it was a puur vanilla rebuild.
    Excuse es moi

28. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Le me.... haven't found a Uranium deposit since Economy update release, asks for gps location from someone on steam of where he found his Uranium deposit in his world, gets told to gtfo and buy a map.... helpful moderator Dan2D3D steps in and suggests adding Triton planet to my survival star system via creative mode because Triton has Uranium, haven't gotten around to doing it yet, then notice steam downloaded an update just now, so I come to check the changelog.

Added Triton to Star system and Never Surrender.

Awesome!

Removed Uranium from Triton.

[​IMG]

*edit*

Someone else was nice enough to share some gps locations with me.

:>

*editit*

When zoomed in with camera block on a small ship and moving the mouse to move the ship views / camera, the movement is very jankey / stuttery.. the movement is not smooth at all, is this happening for anyone else?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  29. Roxette Senior Engineer

Started 'crashed red ship' in creative, made small block ship with remote and camera and tried this, movement and view seemed fine... maybe different in a world/save with a lot of blocks/activity but some expectation of that would be normal?

30. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Panning view slowly zoomed in with just the mouse? it is extremely noticeable for me....

Guess I'll have to record a video of it.

--- Automerge ---

Here, this is what I'm seeing... this is just a creative world to show it, it's the same in my survival world, I noticed it because I zoomed in on a distant drifting ship and the view was stuttering like crazy as I was trying to track it.

Press F to Fix Bug