Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update a Steam Workshop Blueprint

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by 8igby, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 8igby Trainee Engineer

Hi guys! This might be the entirely wrong place to ask, but It's the only part of the forum I use so what the heck.. How do I update an existing entry to the steam workshop? I have recently released my first blueprint, referenced in this http://forums.keenswh.com/post/semi-automated-drill-drone-7240725?pid=1285708351#post1285708351 post, but inevitably there was a bug in it, a simple line of code that caused some minor issues with the user messages sent to the antenna. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this change in the workshop without making an entirely new post and deleting the old one, which probably would be annoying to the subscribers. Anyone out there that can help me?

2. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

when you edit it, then click browse workshop, select the script you uploaded and click replace with editor (or something like that) then go to details and publish again... there might be another way but this is what I do.

edit: oh wait you're talking about ship blueprints, that i do not know... but it might be a similar deal, replace with clipboard

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  3. Harag Junior Engineer

A local blueprint that has been published to the worshop before has a <WorkshopId>361047737</WorkshopId> entry in bp.sbc. So I think publishing a second time will overwrite the previous version.

4. 8igby Trainee Engineer

That's how you'd do it for a script, and thanks for that, but problem is that this the workshop item is the entire ship, not just the code. Got any ideas of how to do that?

5. 8igby Trainee Engineer

Harag, so what you're saying is that I should change the workshopID for the new one to the one in the old one, and press publish?

6. havok Apprentice Engineer

copy your new blueprint (ctrl c) open blueprints find the one you want to update and click somthing like save from clipboard on it, should update i believe

7. 8igby Trainee Engineer

Thanks to Havok, that worked! :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.