Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

UPDATED: [1.181.0 - 1.181.3, Multiplayer] Airtight Hangar Doors (and others) Killing Players

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Selwyn Coy, Jun 8, 2017.

1. NoThanks

I wasn't seeing this bug at all until Saturday's hotfix. I am now almost completely unable to exit/enter a ship... which seems kinda dumb. So far, in my experience it had something to do with my entering/exiting a cockpit on a small grid, then when I tried to go through a door on a large grid I Was instantly murdered by.... physics? At any rate, once dead I found I could freely traverse the door again, until the killing glitch began again. Also, I have had instances where the door wasn't deadly, it just wouldn't let me through, as if I was colliding with the closed door in some fashion. (naturally one of those times was when I needed to rush out the door to catch a ship falling into the atmosphere... Guess how well that turned out.)

So... Bump?

Fix it.... No, no I'm sorry, I mean... UN-BREAK it.

2. Arcturus

While trying to reproduce (using various landing gear and safety locks on the red ship) I instead discovered phase doors:
    [​IMG]

Clearly the doors are vulnerable to having their collision properties edited, and therefore made more lethal or less lethal.

3. mdram

i had a wolf span in the middle of a door last night at a planetary base, door was closed at the time

4. I23I7 Tester Developer

Thanks. Bumping again.

5. NoThanks

NO Sir... Thank you. Your diligence in the face of this mountainous duty that KSH has tasked you with is truly inspiring. I would have gone Picard months ago in your shoes.

6. Sparks76

Having the same problem - Can't seem to re-create the issue but when I leave my ship I die instantly - I have 2 sliding doors, both will kill me instantly.

7. Gatekepp3r

I have the same problem, though only with Airtight Hangar Doors so far. And it looks like there's something wrong with collision. It seems triangular and it clangs a lot plus the button panel makes it even more unstable, launching me into deep space or a wall or whatever. It also affects small grids when I fly closer, and to top it off it's all happening on a station connected to a voxel, so no moving grid in my case. I play SP survival.

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

8. Sparks76

I have managed to recreate the bug in my game - it has to do with connectors. As soon as I toggle a connector to unlock/lock the doors become lethal

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Arcturus

I would describe your situation as:
    While a large ship is locked to a moon's (voxel) surface using landing gear, unlocking and relocking a small ship using a connector causes doors on the large ship to become lethal.

EDIT: while attempting to recreate, I was unable to get lethal doors (I was in single player offline, you?). However, I got a large ship to spontaneously launch itself off the moon and start accelerating into a spin, flying off into deep space without thrusters. *Something* is going on here.

EDIT2: bug appears to be server/multiplayer only, therefore why I can't seem to reproduce it in SP.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 19:24
  10. I23I7 Tester Developer

Rejoice we have reproed the issue and the programmers are working on fixing it. It has been reported. Now we have to wait for it to get implemented.

• Like Like x 1